1.    #1  
    how do I stop the built-in pics app from reading the pics in the music folders?

I want it to just read/show my pics that I take or download.
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phalerider View Post
    how do I stop the built-in pics app from reading the pics in the music folders?

I want it to just read/show my pics that I take or download.
    By "pics in the music folders" I assume you mean album art that you have for your music files? I'm sure there's probably another way, but one option is to embed the album art into the id3 tags of your music files so that you don't need to have the album art files on the phone at all. There are a variety of ways to do this. I personally use MediaMonkey (MediaMonkey Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter).
    Add a dot ( . ) as the first character of the filename.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Add a dot ( . ) as the first character of the filename.
    But won't that prevent the album art from showing in the music app as well?
    Guess it might, I never tried....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I love MP3Tag Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

I have used MediaMonkey in the past, nice app as well, but more than I needed for just embedding album art and ID3 tag updating. I'm not sure if it does renaming of the actual filenames.

I can easily embed the music art, update the ID3 tag info, and rename the actual files to my naming preference in less than 5 minutes an album.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with MP3Tag or it's developer, I'm merely a user!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers