Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    VNC Client PDK

I can't believe there's no discussion about this new FREE app in the catalog. Were you too busy playing Angry Birds to notice?

Has anyone had a chance to try it yet? Reviews seem decent... but some couldn't type in numbers/digits. I was able to by holding down the shift key down when pressing the numbers.

Download via the Palm App Catalog
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/25/2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Added URL to App in Catalog
    Tried it, but didn't work for me. Kept saying connected or connecting, but never went passed those spots.

Looking forward to updates and fixes, since VNC looks very proactive and a great start when it works. Sorli...

Update: still no go even after update (I think there was and update this morning?).

Could be a Mac VNC thing and I'll have to try UltraVNC or native client on XP to see if that works.
    Last edited by sorli; 08/25/2010 at 07:56 AM.
    edit: working now
    Last edited by tobias funke; 08/24/2010 at 11:19 PM.
    I just tried it out with UltraVNC (on Windows) and it worked like a charm. It's a bit laggy, but not too bad. You can move around your desktop by dragging two fingers on the screen.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  5. wxl
    another app that don't work with 1.4.1.1. stupid verizon.
    Tried it.

In the current state WAY too slow/laggy for real work, but a very promising start. Yesterday i did a side by side comparison with the VNC client on my colleagues iphone 3g and the the iphone was magnitudes(!) faster. Same WiFi, same remote computer. But for version 0.0.3 this app is really promising.

If it gets any faster i'd pay for it! For now it's only the last resort to connect to remote computers.
    It works and it's a good start. As others has pointed out, it's a bit on the slow side. Text input from the phone keyboard also works, though tapping on the input field can be difficult.

It'll be great if added a landscape mode and a two fingers pinching zoom in/out functions.
    Kudos to the dev, makes me love my Pre a lot more now. Can't wait till it get's further developed.
    I downloaded this client through here: http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...vnc-client-pdk

But when I started the app through Launcher, nothing happens. Anybody ran into the same problem? Thanks!
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Well, the VNC works, but it seems a little wonky to me...

Namely, the colors are all inverted (negative) which is a bit strange, and of course there is a bit of lag there. Can't figure out how to right click either, and double clicking can be difficult.

A good start, I wonder how far they will take this...

Add the ability to pinch-zoom scale the screen, a bit faster updating, and some control tweaking and I think this could be extremely useful.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm loving the free aspect.
    I have username and password for logging into my Windows xp box, but after clicking the username and typing in the password, I can't figure how to press enter or the arrow button on the xp login screen. I try pressing the enter button on the pre keyboard and try tapping on the screen over the button, but that does not seem to log me in. Anybody have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    -Alexei
    I got it working right away after downloaded TightVNC. I'm new to the whole VNC idea, is it possible to get this running on 3g? All I have gotten to work is when connected to the local wifi network
    Performance is poor but it's a great start. Hopefully we will see lots of updates.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    This is a huge step in the right direction. I can connect locally, but not over 3G or wifi when I'm on anything other then the same network as the box. I also cant figure out how to type numbers, nothing happens when I hold shift or the red button. I very much looks forward to further updates.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I got it to work with UltraVNC server but not RealVNC 4.5.4

Gives an error expecting 3. versioin
    very cool app, extremely easy to configure and start controlling your pc!!
    the colors are inverted for me as well, and for sure, the video refresh rate is very low. I tried to watch my slingbox, the picture came through, but the bandwidth is not high enough to handle the video..
    an outstanding start!!

sj
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    works,but very slow. I also need a way to send a CTRL-ALT-DEL in order to make use of it. It did however work for me across the PreVPNc connection, so that was good!
    Liking it. Definately needs more of course.

I REALLY want this to work over 3G soon if possible. When I try it shows connecting and the desktop screen goes black. But...it never connects. Right direction though! VERY happy! I've been needing a remote solution for quite some time. Is there another version coming out? Got a donate page?

Hey...just connected on 3G. Guess I have to give it about 3 mintes. Definately slow though....may try to tweak my server settings to speed it up.
    Last edited by kludgette; 09/02/2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ndz View Post
    VNC Client PDK

I can't believe there's no discussion about this new FREE app in the catalog. Were you too busy playing Angry Birds to notice?

Has anyone had a chance to try it yet? Reviews seem decent... but some couldn't type in numbers/digits. I was able to by holding down the shift key down when pressing the numbers.
    My guess on why there is so little discussion?

Those who moved off a windows device - and had remote access - probably have either moved onto Android and LogMeIn - or given up hope completely. I had the HTC Touch (first Gen) and logmein prior to the Pre. It's been hard to go without. I almost gave up to go to Android...

If another remote solution doesn't kick in by next year...(if this one doesn't get any better)...I may have to join them with Android and LogMeIn. Although I think WebOs the best smartphone software out there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast