1.    #1  
    After updating to 1.4.5, my Google Maps was faster at first. After I had the PDK bug, I went ahead and used the webOS Doctor to restore it. Since then, my Google Maps has gone back to the way it used to be.

When I type a location (and I have it set to auto-arrive), Google Maps will try to tell me that I need to have an internet connection for Google Maps to work. If I swipe the card out and back in it will work again. It also started loading slow like it used to prior to 1.4.5 when it DOES work. Anyone have any remedies or solutions?
    Yes, BFG Maps, in Preware/AppScoop.
    Yes! BFGMaps is amazing. It has Street View, Directions, Traffic, Terrain View, Bike lanes, Foursquare Overlays, Buzz Overlays and much more. It also loads faster than Google Maps. If It weren’t for BFGMaps and GPSFix my Verizon GPS would be useless.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  4.    #4  
    Forgive me for sounding so dumb, but I want to use something that is stock-ish. I'm really picky about what homebrew things I want to use because if I have to full erase my phone on the road or something, I wouldn't be able to pull my laptop out and re-install Preware and everything.
  5. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar View Post
    Forgive me for sounding so dumb, but I want to use something that is stock-ish. I'm really picky about what homebrew things I want to use because if I have to full erase my phone on the road or something, I wouldn't be able to pull my laptop out and re-install Preware and everything.

To use BFGMaps, you don't have to do the homebrew thing . . its available now in the Beta Apps list. Puts the google maps to shame that came with our Pre's/Pixi's. Download it now and thank the app developer right afterwards. . . . its awesome~
    I don't use Preware or Homebrew software either. BFGmaps is just another app in the catalog and ROCKS. Get it, get it NOW!
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    I know I would only be repeating what most above have said... BFGmaps is by far better than the Gmap App. And the developer is always updating which is more than I can say for Google Gmap App for the Pre...
    BFGmaps FTW!!! Google maps is one of the slowest apps (maybe the slowest) on my Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    BFGmaps is slow google maps is way better.

I found BFGMaps to be a lot faster than Google Maps on My Pre Plus and the configuration options are head and shoulders over GM.
    Have you tried it or updated it lately?
    BFGMaps is actually "Powered by Google" it is just a better application than the stock Google Map app that came on the phone that was never updated.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    BFGmaps is slow google maps is way better.
    you best be trollin. I downloaded BFGmaps today and was impressed with the speed and features! Launches in about 2 seconds for me as opposed to the stock google maps launching in 20.