1.    #1  
    Hey all:

Was in the process of installing the WebOS Quick Install and the Doctor today. When running the install of the Doctor, got the usual warning to not disconnect phone while it was going through the process. No problem.

However. My computer FROZE in the middle of all of this and had to be restarted. My phone seemed fine. Until I went to reconnect it back to my PC. OH, GOODY -- it no longer seems to be recognized as a USB device. The phone doesn't even ask if I want to "Just Charge" or "USB". It just starts charging as usual.

I turned OFF the developer mode and still NOTHING.

Any ideas or am I totally stuck for good?
    Well.. you can try doctoring it again.

Just turn off the phone completely, hold the volume up button and turn it back on (Keep holding volume up).
    It should go into USB mode and hopefully allow you to doctor it again, hopefully with full success this time.
  3.    #3  
    I also wanted to state that after further review, the phone states it is charging when connected to the PC (but it isn't). It still charges, it appears, when plugged into the wall...

I tried this out, and while the phone itself went into USB mode...The PC isn't recognizing it as a USB, so WebOSDoctor still isn't indicating that it recognizes that it is there. So frustrating. Other things work ok in the USB drive, so I know it is not the drive itself....
    gotta turn the developer mode back on. dont hook your phone to the pc until it has fully rebooted.

if that doesn't work, use the process that includes booting while pressing the volume key, etc. Search for "bricked pre" to find that.
  5.    #5  
    Just wanted to let you know that I restarted the computer (as it seemed my USB drives in general had taken a crap). It wasn't recognizing my iPod suddenly either.

Don't know what happened, but after I restarted the PC, everything is as it should be. And I got the options again! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by melissalist View Post
    Hey all:

Was in the process of installing the WebOS Quick Install and the Doctor today. When running the install of the Doctor, got the usual warning to not disconnect phone while it was going through the process. No problem.

However. My computer FROZE in the middle of all of this and had to be restarted. My phone seemed fine. Until I went to reconnect it back to my PC. OH, GOODY -- it no longer seems to be recognized as a USB device. The phone doesn't even ask if I want to "Just Charge" or "USB". It just starts charging as usual.

I turned OFF the developer mode and still NOTHING.

Any ideas or am I totally stuck for good?
    Lets get back to the root cause of your problem, first you dont run the Dr! to install WebOsQuickInstall (WOSQI), second you dont INSTALL WOSQI its more like an .exe (executable file).

You download the Dr and WOSQI and put them in the same folder, then with your Pre attached via usb and your Pre in Dev mode click on the WOSQI.jar and your done.

Do a search on how to Dr your pre and follow the instructions to get the pre into bootie mode using the battery removal/up volume method, then go ahead and run the DR to get back to stock.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I did a reset to my Palm Pre plus and it did not start. It stuck with the Palm Pre logo. I tried to doctor it but in the the middle of the process it lost connection with the computer and the doctoring was aborted.

I have tried several times to doctor it but each time it says unable to reset the device and does not start doctoring, Noe in the screen of the I have a triangle and below it an address in palm's web site
    What can I do?