Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here a nice youtube video showing off some medical apps for iOS:

Seems to me there is an opportunity for devs to create similar apps for webos.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    +1.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    I'm pretty happy with Epocrates but would give my left sternocleidomastoid for a native UpToDate app. I'd love to see a weight-based dose calculator, too.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm hoping to get a job soon at one of the largest iphone medical app companies out there, and plan to push the merits of webOS as much as I can. Hopefully this will allow doctors to choose webOS as opposed to the iphone, BB, and WM choices they have now for the app.
    E-mail the devs and ask them to port the apps over. Use Angry Birds as an example of how easy it is. If it only takes a day to port they might want the extra couple million webOS customers.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by dweiswasser View Post
    I'm pretty happy with Epocrates but would give my left sternocleidomastoid for a native UpToDate app. I'd love to see a weight-based dose calculator, too.
    +1
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    I've been pusing the CTO @ Quest for a port of their iphone app care 360. He eveb setup a conference call between him, me, and one of the developers. *fingerscrossed*
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    agreed. I'd even throw in a scalene, rhomboid and trapezius too
    I think a great deal of credit needs to go to PalmDoc for the amazing things he has done thusfar.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d3mon187 View Post
    I'm hoping to get a job soon at one of the largest iphone medical app companies out there, and plan to push the merits of webOS as much as I can. Hopefully this will allow doctors to choose webOS as opposed to the iphone, BB, and WM choices they have now for the app.
    Tell them to port Will's Eye Manual!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Johns Hopkins POC-IT Abx guide which I miss greatly from my palm os days (only platform on which it was free!).
    With the PDK now available, I've toyed with the idea of creating a DICOM-compatible image reader, with maybe even a server app. Apple showed off a viewer in their commercials, even though it would impractical for real-world usage.

Of course, few hospitals would allow doctors to connect their phones to their PACS system...
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    With the PDK now available, I've toyed with the idea of creating a DICOM-compatible image reader, with maybe even a server app. Apple showed off a viewer in their commercials, even though it would impractical for real-world usage.

Of course, few hospitals would allow doctors to connect their phones to their PACS system...
    Would love that, be able to see echos would be great for me
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Would love that, be able to see echos would be great for me
    Well this is the company that I will hopefully be joining soon, and it looks like they may be able to help you. If not, just let me know what you would like to see added, and I can let them know. Might even help me with my interview.

AirStrip Technologies > Home
    I would absolutely love to have the full epocrates deluxe suite with up-dated support. I had to buy an ipod touch to use this program but on the ipod it is so slow, and and without the multitasking of the pre I want to throw my ipod against the wall.
    Yes, I second that. I'm about to go into pharmacy school and I would love to see a Clinical Pharmacology app. It's a lot like Epocrates but goes more in depth about drug mechanisms, uses, etc. It's also a subscription service, so a free app when you've already paid for the subscription would be very nice.
    Samsung SCH-a870 -> LG EnV 2 -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Refurb Palm Pixi Plus
    Mobile MerckMedicus (includes Harrison's Practice on Demand and a Diagnostic Test library) --- Free for Iphone, blackberry, and Windows mobile OS

Diagnosaurus (free for all of those also)
    Dynamed would get me one step closer to ditching my iPod touch.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I don't have any particular desire for iPhone medical apps, as I've never owned an Apple device, although our PA really likes her iPod.

Here's my wishlist from good old PalmOS.....

Epocrates Essentials as Native WebOS appare too big for stylus-based apps!)
    PregTrak or similar to keep my OB list at my fingertips
    Sanford Guide (won't work on Classic emulator)
    UptoDate.com off-line
    Washington Manual
    or the iSilo medical "book" apps that are out for the Palm
    Riley Kidometer
    iSilo for WebOS!
    Shots (off-line version needed!)
    MedCalc (still the best medical calculator, as much as I like the Palmdoc WebOS apps)
    ABG calculator
    NarcConvert
    MedRules
    Gail or similar breast cancer risk calculator, even though I rarely use it

D. Jarvis, family doctor
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Lexi Drugs (already have it )
    PregTrak or similar to keep my OB list
    Fetal growth percentiles based on u/s measurements (fetal biometry calc)
    Sanford Guide
    UptoDate.com
    Harriet Lane
    Washington Manual
    Riley Kidometer-Absolute killer app
    Shots
    MedCalc
    ABG Pro
    NarcConvert
    Gail or similar breast cancer risk calculator
    MD Consult
    Child Growth charts CDC 2000