Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Any of the 5 min Consults I would be happy with. You would think Skyscape would be on this so they could try to make $$$
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User View Post
    Any of the 5 min Consults I would be happy with. You would think Skyscape would be on this so they could try to make $$$
    I have e-mailed Skyscape and their interest in webOS apps was lukewarm at best.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I've been trying for quite a while to develop a respectable/useful medical reference app. As I stated in my thread here, most of the stuff you guys want/need is propriety, or... I guess "big name" and we small time 3rd party devs just can't get access to it to make an app, you have to go directly to the source. However, as you guys have noted, the ompanies themselves are relatively uninterested since Palm isn't a big player anymore and their user base is extremely tiny. :/.

I'm trying to find any freely available website as reference material to turn into a good/useful app though. If any of you guys know of websites that have a lot of good content and would like to see an app made using that content, feel free to contact me!
    Glad to hear the agreement on UpToDate and the MedCalc equivalent.

+1 also on Shots, the Kidometer, NarcConvert, MedRules (what ever happened to Kent Willyard?!)

@bkcrown: there is already a PreOpEval WebOS app (I agree with jjeffcoat- PalmDoc deserves our thanks here, there, and everywhere)

@SirataXero: something simple like this would be an excellent start: MedCalc: Pediatric Dosing Calculator
    as a pediatrician, I'd love to see:

bilitool
    Shots
    Growth

I would also LOVE an app that would add *67 to all of my outgoing calls when I click on a patient's phone number from a text message from my answering service! For example I'd get a text:

Ms. Jones calling about Johnny 7m with fever 248-555-5555.

I would be able to set my phone for on call so when I clicked on the phone number, my phone would call *67-248-555-5555. On nights I wasn't on call, I could set my phone to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dweiswasser View Post
    @SirataXero: something simple like this would be an excellent start: MedCalc: Pediatric Dosing Calculator
    Awesome! I'm on it! I'll work on it within the next week or so. You're in the beta. .

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_md View Post

I would also LOVE an app that would add *67 to all of my outgoing calls when I click on a patient's phone number from a text message from my answering service! For example I'd get a text:

Ms. Jones calling about Johnny 7m with fever 248-555-5555.

I would be able to set my phone for on call so when I clicked on the phone number, my phone would call *67-248-555-5555. On nights I wasn't on call, I could set my phone to normal.
    From my limited knowledge of WebOS, this MIGHT not be able to be an app. I could be wrong though... I do know the files from where you can make that happen though. I'm just not sure about making it customizable... You could try asking the developer of Mode Switcher (is that the name of the app?). An app like that, and a developer with the inside know-how should probably be able to do what you want.

Mode Switcher is here.

Developer contact info is available in the link.

Good Luck!
    Mobile Merckmedicus (free, includes harrison's practice on-demand)
    Emedicine mobile
    Diagnosaurus
    I might take a shot at Shots. Have been in touch with Kent W. & the folks hosting the current mobile versions.
    Definitely a good idea.

I've got the front end done. Hard part begins tomorrow-ish I guess. I have to fix the backend code to work with the WebOS app. Shouldn't be impossible... but a little tricky. Let's see how long it takes.

Any ideas/suggestions for App Icons?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Phew... so it turns out porting this calc is a bit more involved than I originally considered.

I will probably put it up on the catalog for $0.99 to keep me motivated. >.<.
    Medscape Mobile, Epocrates Essentials (not the free one in the palm app store, but a full-function, subscription version). I guess the WebOS is too small of a market for developers, even big companies, despite the relative power and versatility of WebOS versus the more widely used OS.
    I thought I was subscribed to this thread (but guess not) but I was VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED to see the new MedCalc: Pediatric Dosing app beta! It looks very functional on first glance. I'll play with it some more and will be happy to provide feedback. (The icon looks great, btw!)
    I've been trying to get more webos app updates out but the iPad is a terrible distraction. Help!
    Put away your iPad & wait for the webOS 2.0 tablet.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkcrown View Post
    Lexi Drugs (already have it )
    PregTrak or similar to keep my OB list
    Fetal growth percentiles based on u/s measurements (fetal biometry calc)
    Sanford Guide
    UptoDate.com
    Harriet Lane
    Washington Manual
    Riley Kidometer-Absolute killer app
    Shots
    MedCalc
    ABG Pro
    NarcConvert
    Gail or similar breast cancer risk calculator
    MD Consult
    Child Growth charts CDC 2000
    Med Page Today or Doctor's Guide
    Journal Watch
    PubMed Mobile
    iMurmur
    Cardiac PreOP Clearance
    ACC Pocket Guidelines
    Human Anatomy Atlas - Blausen
    Netter's Anatomy flash cards
    Medical Spanish
    Nice list...would love to see these on my Palm Pre Plus!
    I thought I was subscribed to this thread (but guess not) but I was VERY PLEASANTLY SURPRISED to see the new MedCalc: Pediatric Dosing app beta! It looks very functional on first glance. I'll play with it some more and will be happy to provide feedback. (The icon looks great, btw!)
    Awesome! Thanks! I'm working on putting it up on the catalog, then I'll work on the updates/improvements. I might incorporate the other calcs on that same website into this app. Maybe...

I don't know about the icon. I'm kind of devoid of creative iconography... haha, but thanks for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    I've been trying to get more webos app updates out but the iPad is a terrible distraction. Help!
    iPad! *GASP* Traitor! >.<.

I plan on pushing a LOT of WebOS Med apps out when the Palm Pad comes out. I REALLY want to push it as a useful medical tool. I'd love to work on custom medical apps for hospitals/doctors when the Palm Pad comes out. If the Palm Pad can be a super useful tool for medical use (even more so than the iPad... which might be impossible), then that would help push Palm Pad to the top!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I don't find the calculators to be as useful as some since I typically am not very far from a computer. However, the medical news and references that are in bkcrown's post would make WebOS a complete platform for the medical professional. Nice to have Lexi Comp at the very least, but the interface could use a little work...
    Quote Originally Posted by d3mon187 View Post
    Well this is the company that I will hopefully be joining soon, and it looks like they may be able to help you. If not, just let me know what you would like to see added, and I can let them know. Might even help me with my interview.

AirStrip Technologies > Home
    We're getting a new OB charting system with Airstrip in November - I would LOVE to be able to use my Pre to look at fetal heart rate tracings!!
    Eddie.... On the iPod non multitasking. Go to JailbreakMe. Then in the cydia store download backgrounder and proswitcher. You can multitask with cards like the Pre.
    Somebody should make a frontend for e-medicine. I would much rather see something that provides information than more calculators, to be honest. Calculating things is something you can do in your head much faster than on a phone, and with EMR, lots of that stuff is taken care of.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast