1.    #1  
    Went to the support page - says we have to be on 1.4.5 to download podcasts. Did I read that wrong? or am I stuck not listening to podcasts until Verizon releases 1.4.5? Please help, suffering horrible withdrawal!
    There's a bug in WebOS that can cause trouble with the downloading of some podcasts. It's fixed in 1.4.5 and it's not something that Dr Podder can really correct without the update.
  3.    #3  
    I figured that was the case, but I was really, really hoping there might be a work-around. Very sad. Hope Verizon gets off their butts and releases 1.4.5 for us SOON!!!
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmom88 View Post
    I figured that was the case, but I was really, really hoping there might be a work-around. Very sad. Hope Verizon gets off their butts and releases 1.4.5 for us SOON!!!
    Just in case it isn't clear though, realize that podcasts, in general, CAN be downloaded without the upgrade to 1.4.5. It's only SOME podcasts that are affected. And even those can be streamed from within DrPodder, they just can't be downloaded. And again, it's only SOME podcasts that are affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Just in case it isn't clear though, realize that podcasts, in general, CAN be downloaded without the upgrade to 1.4.5. It's only SOME podcasts that are affected. And even those can be streamed from within DrPodder, they just can't be downloaded. And again, it's only SOME podcasts that are affected.
    Can you post a link to a podcast with a known issue? I'd like to see that. I download podcasts from about 6 or 8 sites, and I haven't had any issues yet. I'm curious to see the problem in drPodder.

Also, there are a couple of other "podcast" apps in the catalog (i.e. Stitcher). Does the same issue show up with them?

I have stitcher on my phone, but I've probably never actually opened it.
  6.    #6  
    I'm having trouble with WebOS RoundUP and MobileTechRoundUp. I have no problems with Precentral.net or TWIT. I haven't added much more so far. MobileTechRoundUp is the one I'm really trying to get. I'll experiment with streaming and see how that goes. Will check out Stitcher as well.
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Can you post a link to a podcast with a known issue? I'd like to see that. I download podcasts from about 6 or 8 sites, and I haven't had any issues yet. I'm curious to see the problem in drPodder.

Also, there are a couple of other "podcast" apps in the catalog (i.e. Stitcher). Does the same issue show up with them?

I have stitcher on my phone, but I've probably never actually opened it.
    An example podcast, amongst others listed in this thread, is The Deadpod. For WebOS prior to 1.4.5, it will stream, but not download.

As far as whether the issue will show up in the other podcast apps such as Stitcher, I would expect they would, but can't confirm that from personal experience. I expect they would because the issue is related to a (previous for those of us now upgraded to 1.4.5) known WebOS bug that got fixed by the 1.4.5 update.
  8. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetmom88 View Post
    I'm having trouble with WebOS RoundUP and MobileTechRoundUp. I have no problems with Precentral.net or TWIT. I haven't added much more so far. MobileTechRoundUp is the one I'm really trying to get. I'll experiment with streaming and see how that goes. Will check out Stitcher as well.
    Yes, WebOS RoundUP and MobileTechRoundUp appear to be 2 podcasts that would be affected by the WebOS bug - sorry. I can confirm that TWIT is not affected because I too subscribe to one of their podcasts, and had no problem prior to the WebOS update to 1.4.5. Precentral.net, I can't confirm from personal experience, but I assume is not affected by the WebOS libsyn bug since you are able to download it prior to the update to 1.4.5.
    I just tried those, and by golly, they don't work.
    For me, Gamescoop won't download in 1.4.5, but did download previously.
    I have had problems with all my podcasts. I cannot download any. Not the PalmCast, Buzz Out Loud, or Tech News Today. I do have the 1.4.5 update on Sprint, but still nothing, not even streaming. Anyone have any ideas?
    Have you contacted the developer of drPodder for support?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    bol downloaded fine for me (ATT PrePlus)