1.    #1  
    I installed this game, and I must say, it is very fun. It looks like that game that is coming out soon, with the chickens and you have to "sling" them into stuff..

there is only one problem for me, the game caused my phone to crash constantly. While the app was installed, no matter which app I launched, my phone crashed 100% of the time. I was able to orange + tap the app immediately following my wallpaper appearing, and I then as fast as I could, launched my luna manager and reboot luna. This corrected the crash cycle and I am back in business.
    I would be curious to see if anyone else experienced the same thing...

sj

EDIT: it looks like this was an isolated issue and was not caused by Frootrees. this game is running fine and no issues now..
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 08/25/2010 at 02:38 PM.
    Hi sj,

Thanks for the comments. We're the developer working with Tin Man Games to bring you frootrees. Needless to say we're pretty concerned by what you were experiencing - just to confirm, you are using webOS 1.4.5?

Would you mind if we sent you a different app to try - we use a middleware platform (Airplay) to target the Palm and if this is really an issue then we need to escalate it to that team.

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I kinda like the game too. Good time killer.
    Thanks Santos - do you see the same issue as sj?
    I've been playing frootrees for a few days,with no issues whatsoever.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakyl View Post
    Thanks Santos - do you see the same issue as sj?
    No. Game has not caused my phone to crash.
    Thanks guys, appreciate you letting us know.

Sj, we're still keen to figure out the issue. Would you mind trying something: we have another (free) game available, TileStorm Lite (the full version is coming soon). I'd be very interested to hear whether you get the same issue with that game on your phone?

Thanks

J
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I have played both Frootrees and TileStorm Lite. Both are fun and neither caused me issues. Fwiw.
    Thanks preryan, glad to know both they worked and you enjoyed them. The full TileStorm game is coming just as soon as we can figure out how to work around the issues with the Pixi and we have TileStorm Eire to follow as well, which put's Eggbot in search of gold in Ireland. Both will be free.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakyl View Post
    Hi sj,

Thanks for the comments. We're the developer working with Tin Man Games to bring you frootrees. Needless to say we're pretty concerned by what you were experiencing - just to confirm, you are using webOS 1.4.5?

Would you mind if we sent you a different app to try - we use a middleware platform (Airplay) to target the Palm and if this is really an issue then we need to escalate it to that team.

Thanks,

Jeremy
    hi Jeremy
    thanks for the msg. I am on Print Pre, webOS v1.4.5. I think the issue may have been isolated and looks like it most likely is not Frootrees that caused the crash. I have since made some adjustments, removed some unused apps and reinstalled Frootrees, I haven't had any issues with the game since. if the other app was just a different version, no need to send, but if you'd like me to test it, feel free to send me a PM..
    thanks again for the prompt response and keep the games commin
    sj

(i will update the OP to reflect my resolution)
    Thanks sj, that's good to know.
    Just to let you all know we've just posted an update for review. Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on the initial version. We've made the following changes:

* The sound effects are now played less frequently. Specifically the yawn will happen half as often and the "Yes" effect is played only when you place ripe froot and even then only randomly, and it decreases in frequency as you build up your multiplier.
    * We've changed the touch screen behaviour. Previously you needed to pick where the froot connected with the tree - that is now moved to be the centre of the froot as that seemed more intuitive. In addition, the selection algorithm now uses a fixed size touch area rather than one that grows as the froot grows making it easier to pick younger froot and the selection algorithm has been updated to find the nearest froot to where you touch (within reason). All of this should make the gameplay much more fluid.
    * A couple of minor bug fixes and optimisations.

We hope you enjoy and we're now working on the version for the Pixi.
    what happened to this game in the app catalog? I recently had to replace my phone due to damage, and I can't find it to re-download. I don't want the Halloween version.