View Poll Results: Would you want android apps on webos?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would want the ability built into WebOS

9 56.25%
  • Yes, I would want the ability in an emulator on WebOS

0 0%
  • Yes, I want android OS with webOS has the UI only

1 6.25%
  • No, whats the point?

6 37.50%
  • I don't really care either way

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    I know this is way out of left field, but I was thinking about it, and since android is available for other companies to use is it possible that HPalm could combine webos with pieces of android that run their apps and allow webos to use android apps? If not that, maybe webos could run an emulator that can run android apps? I get the feeling that most developers/companies have given up completely on webos, and though I still have high hopes for some new cool webos devices to be released in the coming months, I think in terms of apps they're just too far behind to catch up. If they could basically turn webos into just the UI on top of android that would be pretty awesome.
    First off WebOS and android have next to nothing in common besides WebKIT browsers and being based off of linux, and even then if they made WebOS unto a UI for android then it wouldn't be WebOS it would be just like HTC Sense not an entirely different operating system
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    First off WebOS and android have next to nothing in common besides WebKIT browsers and being based off of linux, and even then if they made WebOS unto a UI for android then it wouldn't be WebOS it would be just like HTC Sense not an entirely different operating system
    Would there really be a lot of negatives to android with webos as the UI? Android seems pretty solid and really the main benefit of webos is the UI.
    If you put WebOS over android it would require android's hardware buttons and be ridiculously slow to get updates for the amount of custom UI it would involve

Not to mention it would allow google to invade your privacy in the same way Android does
    If you have Android run on WebOS, then writing for WebOS becomes irrelevant. Why write for two platforms?
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
    Why not buy a android powered phone?
    save time on a pointless exercise.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers