1.    #1  

I was wondering if anyone else plays Shrek Kart online? The service is great, but there doesn't ever seem to be enough players online to create a full race. To be honest, I don't think most people even know the feature exists. So is there any other Gameloft Live users that play Shrek Kart? If so, when are you normally online playing? Racing games are much more fun online with real people playing.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

No but I have always had an interest in picking this game up as it looks very similar to mario kart. Is it a pretty solid game?

Add me to your Gameloft Live friends list, I'm usually on playing various games : Res215dg
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Res215dg View Post
    No but I have always had an interest in picking this game up as it looks very similar to mario kart. Is it a pretty solid game?

Add me to your Gameloft Live friends list, I'm usually on playing various games : Res215dg
    I thinks it's a good game. Shrek Kart is a lot like Super Mario Kart. It uses the same type of silly racing, with odd items that you can shoot at people. If you like Mario Kart, then you should like Shrek Kart. If you have any questions on the game before you buy it, please free to ask me.

How do I add people to my Gameloft Live account? I don't really know anyone on the service, I just play who ever is around. I do wish Gameloft would add more types of games to the service though. Right now the bulk of the service is devoted to war games like Brothers In Arms, N.O.V.A., Sandstorm, ect. Those games are fun, but difficult to play because of the controls and camera angles. So if Gameloft would add more sports game, then I bet more people would use the service.

Just open up a game like NOVA then on the menu screen click on the Gameloft Live logo

It'll let you log in to your Gameloft account and view your achievements, games played, friends list - click on friends list and select add and go from there.

Res215dg

I'll try to be on this weekend probably on some NOVA or Shrek after I download it
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
  5.    #5  
    Just open up a game like NOVA then on the menu screen click on the Gameloft Live logo

It'll let you log in to your Gameloft account and view your achievements, games played, friends list - click on friends list and select add and go from there.

Res215dg

I'll try to be on this weekend probably on some NOVA or Shrek after I download it
    I'm downloading N.O.V.A again. I had deleted it because I wasn't very good at the game. The camera angles are weird.
    So how long have you been playing games through Gameloft Live? I have known about the service for months now, but only up to recently could I actually play. I would keep getting an invalid password error, even though the password was correct.
    I'm just glad I finally know someone else that plays online. I will also be online at different times over the weekend. Mostly at night. So maybe I will see you there.

Try different controls schemes on N.O.V.A. I use Control Scheme 3 and I customized it so the jump button was half way up the screen.

Add me on NOVA.

'Viperrrrr'
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Try different controls schemes on N.O.V.A. I use Control Scheme 3 and I customized it so the jump button was half way up the screen.

Add me on NOVA.

'Viperrrrr'

That's a really good idea! I forgot that you can customize the controller. I will most likely still get my **** kicked on N.O.V.A, but at least I would have a better chance of winning if I can set the controller to something with a better feel. Thanks for the tip!

And I will add you to my account next time I log in. Now I know another person on Gameloft Live!

8.    #8  
    Oh and my name on Gameloft Live is The2ndflood.

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I'm downloading N.O.V.A again. I had deleted it because I wasn't very good at the game. The camera angles are weird.
    So how long have you been playing games through Gameloft Live? I have known about the service for months now, but only up to recently could I actually play. I would keep getting an invalid password error, even though the password was correct.
    I'm just glad I finally know someone else that plays online. I will also be online at different times over the weekend. Mostly at night. So maybe I will see you there.
    Ya NOVA and Brothers in Arms took some getting used to- the more you play the better the controls feel. I still get my **** kicked online MP from time to time but its all fun.

I downloaded Shrek KartRace and man it is a fun game, has a very close feel to Mark Kart. I like how each character has their own special power up and characteristics for racing. I gotta focus on unlocking the other characters though. One thing I noticed is even though it is a Gameloft game, it does not use the Gameloft Live ID feature, so you cant find people to play like through your friends list, which is a bummer but you can still manually create a race and just wait for other players to join
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
  10.    #10  
    Ya NOVA and Brothers in Arms took some getting used to- the more you play the better the controls feel. I still get my **** kicked online MP from time to time but its all fun.

I downloaded Shrek KartRace and man it is a fun game, has a very close feel to Mark Kart. I like how each character has their own special power up and characteristics for racing. I gotta focus on unlocking the other characters though. One thing I noticed is even though it is a Gameloft game, it does not use the Gameloft Live ID feature, so you cant find people to play like through your friends list, which is a bummer but you can still manually create a race and just wait for other players to join
    Yeah Modern Combat is a cool game, but it has the worst controls. Your aim often times ends up into a wall, instead of against the person your looking to shot. I also don't understand how we are suppose to know what players our on our teams. Is there a way to see who is on your team?

And as for Shrek Kart, it is odd that it isn't setup in the same way as other Gameloft Live games. That might be why there isn't many people using it. You can basically just create a course and wait for other players; which I haven't been able to race anyone else since I bought the game months ago. I wonder why Shrek Kart's online play is setup differently then any other Gameloft Live game? Even without the online racing, it is still a fun game. It is almost completely like Super Mario Kart for the SNES. Which is why I like the game so much.

What other games do you have from Gameloft ?
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
  12.    #12  
    What other games do you have from Gameloft ?
    I have all of them except for that Bubble Bash game and Uno.
    Not all of them are on my phone right now though. Here are the Gameloft games that I currently have on my phone.

Gangstar
    Assassin's Creed
    Hawk
    Asphalt
    Brothers In Arms 1 & 2
    The Settlers
    Blades Of Fury
    Real Soccer
    Real Tennis
    Brain Challenge
    Modern Combat: Sandstorm
    N.O.V.A
    Shrek Kart
    Oregon Trail
    Skater Nation
    Castle Of Magic

Not on the phone right now, but I could re-download them if I wanted to:

Dungeon Hunter ((To Difficult To Play After A While))
    Hereo Of Sparta ((Boring And Repetitive In Later Missions))
    Driver ((Worst Gameloft Game That I Have Ever Played))
    NFL 2010 ((Rarely Played. I Only Downloaded It For A Friend Who Is Into Football Games))
    Let's Golf
    Earthworm Jim

What Gameloft games do you have? What is your favorite? My favorite Gameloft game is Gangstar, which I hope Gameloft releases part 2 soon.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 08/22/2010 at 05:27 AM.

For whatever reason I couldn't connect to the Gameloft account thing from NOVA. I can connect to the game servers though...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    For whatever reason I couldn't connect to the Gameloft account thing from NOVA. I can connect to the game servers though...
    Gameloft Live always seems to have bugs. I still can't log into the online play for Brothers In Arms 2. I just keep getting an invalid password error. So your not alone with issues like this. Hopefully Gameloft fixes issues like this soon, but who knows if they will. Gameloft hasn't released a new game in over 2 months. So I am starting to wonder if they will ever offer anymore games, or if they will correct any of the issues that are in the games they have already released. I guess time will tell. It will be sad if Gameloft stops supporting the WebOS.

Current Gameloft titles I have installed

Sandstorm
    NOVA
    Brothers in Arms 1 & 2
    Assassins Creed
    Hawx
    Asphalt 5
    Shrek Kart
    Uno
    NFL 2010
    Dungeon Hunter (Have yet to begin plyaing)
    Avatar (Have yet to begin playing)

My favorite has to be a toss up between NOVA & Assasins Creed (I love AC on consoles)
    My least favorite is probably Asphault 5 because I think NFSU is far better, but Asphault 5 is a solid game regardless

I think i'll wait on Ganstar until I finish up some of the games I currently have installed first
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
  16.    #16  
    Current Gameloft titles I have installed

Sandstorm
    NOVA
    Brothers in Arms 1 & 2
    Assassins Creed
    Hawx
    Asphalt 5
    Shrek Kart
    Uno
    NFL 2010
    Dungeon Hunter (Have yet to begin plyaing)
    Avatar (Have yet to begin playing)

My favorite has to be a toss up between NOVA & Assasins Creed (I love AC on consoles)
    My least favorite is probably Asphault 5 because I think NFSU is far better, but Asphault 5 is a solid game regardless

I think i'll wait on Ganstar until I finish up some of the games I currently have installed first
    Assassin's Creed is a really good game. That is one of the first WebOS games that I purchased. I haven't played it in a while though, because I lost my place after the game messed up. So I need to start over from scratch. Where are you in the game? Maybe if I can find out how it is done, you can share your Save/Restore file for Assassin's Creed with me. That way I won't have to start over again. There is a way to share those saves, but I have never done it before. I just know that trading saves is a core feature of the Save/Restore app.

You should like Gangstar. It's basically like GTA. You can either play missions, or just free-roam, doing whatever you want. The city within the game is pretty large, and you get a lot of different vehicles and weapons. Plus the AI for the police is nice, because you can outrace them when you get a star. It's not like Driver, where the police just keep smasing into you until your vehicle is distoyed. Whenever I have gotten a star, I just jump out of the vehicle and hide behind a building. The stars fade after a while and you can start playing the mission again. The only problem with the game is that vehicles don't stop when your crossing the street. So if you don't look first, a vehicle will run you over. That issue isn't a big deal though. Gangstar is just a really fun game.

And I agree that Need For Speed is way better then Asphault. Need For Speed has better handling and the missions are a lot more fun. It's a game that deals with racing, but they give you cleaver ways of racing. Where as Asphault is all about racing around race tracks.