1.    #1  
    After downloading an update for "track my work" a new app space-no app- appeared on my app list. When I click on it I get a (this task could not be completed. try again later.)I've try everyway I CAN THINK OF TO DELETE IT!! Nothing has worked. Any ideas?? Please HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by aquilonianrock View Post
    After downloading an update for "track my work" a new app space-no app- appeared on my app list. When I click on it I get a (this task could not be completed. try again later.)I've try everyway I CAN THINK OF TO DELETE IT!! Nothing has worked. Any ideas?? Please HELP!
    A hard reset might fix it. (Battery Pull)
    if you can't delete it from the launcher or the app catalog, you can always log in with webOS QuickInstall and delete it from there.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Same thing here. Having trouble downloading specifically from the App Catalog. I tried other feeds through Preware & no probleming downloading a few games/apps. Have about 3 official Palm paid apps that have updates & they are hung up and won't download. Tried downloadong free apps thru Palm App catalog & thye get hung up too. When I access my installed apps there is a "ghost app" at the top of list. No icon. I tried WebOS repair utility & it found 1 error & fixed. But ghost app is still there. I tried Web OS Quick Install & when I acess 'Device info" it lists apps but NOT ghost app so I can't delete what WebOS QI can't see. Can anyone help with this or do I have to Doctor my Pre. Kinda don't want to if I can help it. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Having exactly same issue. Did you ever get this resolved? Any help?
    Here's a list of all the threads I found:
    /webos-apps-software/239465-ghost-mystery-app.html#post2352565

Solution:

From a terminal window, type the following commands:

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot

You can use Internalz to navigate to the folder and delete the file.
    Thanks...that was the solution as the program now installs.

The reason that I deleted it in the first place is because the news feeds were not working in my Top Stocks app. I am guessing that I need to delete the app, any data that I have associated with that app, reinstall the app and it will be a fresh install and fix the news feeds.

So how do I do that?

Greg