1.    #1  
    I really wanna get this game, but the reviews are too random and the price is too high. How many of you purchased this game and what are you thoughts?
    Hi Hrolf, I bought it when it was first released and have played it for over 10 hours off and on. At first I thought it was great due to the full 3D world and smooth graphics (I'm on a Pre Plus, not sure how it runs on a Pre). I'd still recommend it but it has areas that could be better. The landscapes are sometimes pretty bland. There's no compass so using the maps can be frustrating. There's no level up choice, all the new powers you get are automatically assigned. And to get new kit you have to kill a lot of creatures then sell what they drop when they die, which means the gameplay can get pretty repetitive for long stretches. Despite the above drawbacks I'd still score the game as a solid 7.5/10.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I am running on the pixi. Not plus. imy problem is I have to restart before playing it or I get the too many cards message, with zero cards open$

this might be because flickr addict pro and weather icon run in the background, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by raines43 View Post
    There's no level up choice, all the new powers you get are automatically assigned.
    Thats not quite true: you get 1 skill point extra after level up that can be spend on one of the skill lines (melee, bow, magic). To set them go to the trainer in Harmony Acres.

Without that, some of the hihger skils wouldn't be easily accessible. E.g. Live drain is skill level 70.
    More points also enhance the damage done to monsters.

So you can specialize in magic by spending all points there.
    I bought it and enjoyed for about 4 hours or so totalled up time on my uber overclocked sprint pre. Things were good and I enjoyed playing it but I was starting to get a little bored and then suddenly the game locked my pre. After a battery pool to reset (only option) I found my saved game gone. Given this I decided I was done as I didn't want to start over and can't recommend the game to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    I bought it and enjoyed for about 4 hours or so totalled up time on my uber overclocked sprint pre. Things were good and I enjoyed playing it but I was starting to get a little bored and then suddenly the game locked my pre. After a battery pool to reset (only option) I found my saved game gone. Given this I decided I was done as I didn't want to start over and can't recommend the game to others.
    You're saying you can't recommend the game because you failed to save the game before doing an unsafe battery pull? That doesn't seem like the games fault to me

Pip
    So should I have left it on a locked screen cap of the game forever? I had saved the game many times and when the game locked forcing me to pull the battery my saved data was gone.

NO Pip you can't have any more soup
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    So should I have left it on a locked screen cap of the game forever? I had saved the game many times and when the game locked forcing me to pull the battery my saved data was gone.

NO Pip you can't have any more soup
    Was there any life in the gesture area, sometimes when it appears to lock it just needs a few seconds, enough time to flick the card up and closed and then reboot the phone. You running a custom kernel, I'm wondering if you reached critical memory if you had a lock up, 4hours is a lot of time. A batt pull when the pre is on can have detrimental effects such as this, kind of like a computer does.

Please sir, can I have some more?

Pip
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the imput folks. Grinding won't bug me as I have plenty of time getting loaded/unloaded and resting at truck stops. Haven't had a tmc error since overclocking except when I have a lot of apps open.
    It was only about 10 minutes of play time for me and it was totally unresponsive in all ways for over a minute or two when I finally pulled the battery because again nothing else worked. It was about 4 hours TOTAL time into the game added up over many different session.

:Begrudgingly ladels Pip more gruel:
    Just bought the game yesterday. It's fun despite the silly spelling error of "Critial" instead of "Critical" and so-so landscape graphics. The enemy character models are decent though I'm not a fan of the design for the humanoid characters with the bizarre-looking eyes. I agree with prior reviews regarding the camera angle control problems. So far no crashes on my 1.4.5 Sprint Pre. Keeping my fingers crossed about this.

BTW, which one in Harmony Acres is the "Goblin Cave"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    I really wanna get this game, but the reviews are too random and the price is too high. How many of you purchased this game and what are you thoughts?
    There is a 40% off sale right now so it's a good time to get it.