1.    #1  
    Just saw an app called "MediPedia" hit the app catalog.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...alog/medipedia

Seems a bit pricey at $6.75 - has anybody thought about trying it?

(I already have Gray's Anatomy - think it's a homebrew app - is the Gray's Anatomy portion of this app identical?)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    i thought about it but i already got Gray's Anatomy somewhere, cant remember if its the app catalog or appscoop.
  3.    #3  
    So what's up with the price? They really think people are going to pay nearly 7 bucks?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Hey jjeffcoat,

I'm the developer of MediPedia, Thanks for your interest!

MediPedia is just an advanced version of Gray's Anatomy that's already out on homebrew. The reason why MediPedia is a bit pricey (I admit) is because I plan on releasing a lot more updates as time goes on.

It already has enhanced functionality past Gray's Anatomy available in homebrew and will eventually be a lot more robust as time goes on. I also plan on including more reference material (past just anatomy reference) in it as time goes on. Hence the title of "MediPedia" and not just Anatomy.

If Gray's Anatomy already meets your needs, then truly there's no reason for you to spend money on MediPedia (yet).

Hope that helps!
    thanks for being honest and taking that positively man. I appreciate your effort and will await what will come next in the update. a Physiology section perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Just saw an app called "MediPedia" hit the app catalog.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...alog/medipedia

Seems a bit pricey at $6.75 - has anybody thought about trying it?

(I already have Gray's Anatomy - think it's a homebrew app - is the Gray's Anatomy portion of this app identical?)
    The Gray's Anatomy app is really outdated version. I don't think it's even comparable to the MediPedia app. The MediPedia app is really really good. It loads really fast and it has all this information. It's basically a medical encyclopedia, but hey what do I know? :P

The Animal Anatomy was my favorite part.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    thanks for being honest and taking that positively man. I appreciate your effort and will await what will come next in the update. a Physiology section perhaps?
    No problemo! Honestly, I was kinda coerced into the higher price point, but I figured I would make it up to my customers by improving the app as I go on.

I'm definitely interested in a Physiology section, but Ive been kind of hard-pressed to find a valid source of information (that won't hunt me down if I use it). If you can find a freely available online Physiology reference/text (as in HTML webpage) I would LOVE to turn it into an app. Please let me know if you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    The Gray's Anatomy app is really outdated version. I don't think it's even comparable to the MediPedia app. The MediPedia app is really really good. It loads really fast and it has all this information. It's basically a medical encyclopedia, but hey what do I know? :P

The Animal Anatomy was my favorite part.
    Thanks for the kind words, Jakeeeee! I spent a lot of time on the Gray's Anatomy app to turn it into MediPedia. I also don't plan on updating Gray's Anatomy anymore. I will still support it, but I may even take it off the beta feed soon. I really want to emphasize all my efforts into MediPedia and make it well worth the money.

Once again, thanks for the support!

And for everyone else:

PLEASE feel free to contact me about anything! Any kind of criticism is welcome. I'm just trying to provide something useful and beneficial for everyone on WebOS, and a little compensation doesn't hurt either. .
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    MediPedia is just an advanced version of Gray's Anatomy that's already out on homebrew. The reason why MediPedia is a bit pricey (I admit) is because I plan on releasing a lot more updates as time goes on.

It already has enhanced functionality past Gray's Anatomy available in homebrew and will eventually be a lot more robust as time goes on. I also plan on including more reference material (past just anatomy reference) in it as time goes on. Hence the title of "MediPedia" and not just Anatomy.

If Gray's Anatomy already meets your needs, then truly there's no reason for you to spend money on MediPedia (yet).

Thanks for your input! I checked the app catalog for reviews just before coming back to this thread and there is only one, but it is very favorable and the reviewer stated that it is easily worth $10.

I will probably at some point purchase it to replace my homebrew version of Grays Anatomy.

Interesting sidenote: I remember well from the Palm OS days that anything under $10 was considered inexpensive (as long as it was a quality app!). Now with the flood of $0.99 and $1.99 apps in our catalog, anything over $2 seems expensive!

I guess it all depends on your perspective.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Jjeffcoat, no problem. Appreciate you starting the thread and asking questions. I'm more than open to any input, criticism or praise. . I really appreciate the guy who reviewed it too, unfortunately the app doesn't have a lot of downloads yet so I guess not many people have reviewed it. I do wish I got more reviews (be they negative or what) so I know what to change/improve.

As I stated above, you really don't have to replace the homebrew Gray's Anatomy if it suits your needs. Just downloading/using Gray's Anatomy shows your support. .

I totally agree with you on the old PalmOS days of programming. I think programming for PalmOS in general was a bit harder than here so devs wanted a bit more compensation.

It's really brainlessly easy on WebOS. I'm kind of trying to up the quality of apps, as I don't support the flood of $0.99 apps that people make. A LOT of them (no offense to those that don't know or can't) seem like people just throw them together to make a quick buck. I absolutely disagree with that. I think when you make an app it's like a work of art, a reflection of yourself... I guess i'm kinda nerdy in that way >.<.

What I mean to say is: I think when you do something (like make an app) and especially charge for it, it should be of quality. That's why I try to put as much time/effort/polish into my apps as I can before I send them out. It took me a long time to turn Gray's Anatomy into MediPedia because I really wanted it to be quality. I personally think it is, but we'll see as more downloads/reviews come in.
    can it be a medical dictionary of some sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    can it be a medical dictionary of some sort?
    Did you mean can Medipedia be one?

Like this one?

I'll probably incorporate it into MediPedia, to be honest, once it gets better looking/substantial enough.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I am hoping the Pre2 will have a bigger screen, to make it easier to show pts the pics on screen instead of having to find where my pt ed anatomy books got carted off to again. Of course the Palm Pad should be better that way....