Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks you are awesome!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I'll be checking out this app. thanks
  3.    #43  
    Hey guys, thanks for following the progress as I wrap up this app. Tonight I finally figured out the code to Bench or Start players and Add or Drop players. I now have to fold that code into the app and rearrange a few things on how players and teams get refreshed.

I also fell a couple of days behind this week due to the demands of the old day job! Sheesh, how's a guy supposed to build apps when he has to write code for the man all day!

So I had promised a public beta by the end of the week, don't worry its very close, but will probably not hit till the end of the weekend, Sunday afternoon or night.

So while you're waiting, do me a favor and go here to register for the beta. It's the support page for my other app, but the submission form will work well for collecting your email. Just enter "Fantasy Sports App" in the subject and message fields.

There will be no limit on how many people can beta the app, but I do need your feedback, for both bugs and feature requests.

Thanks again for your support so far!

David
    --
    twitter: cybler
    apps: nearMe, Fantasy Sports
    Wow, good ...

I really want to get like this

I'll look for this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarkman View Post
    So while you're waiting, do me a favor and go here to register for the beta. It's the support page for my other app, but the submission form will work well for collecting your email. Just enter "Fantasy Sports App" in the subject and message fields.

There will be no limit on how many people can beta the app, but I do need your feedback, for both bugs and feature requests.
    BUMP

Signing up now...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    @dbarkman:

Thanks for your efforts on this, I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of hearing the Android-ers in my leagues gloat about mobile ff apps!

Thanks,

/sml_blok
    Any updates on the app. Pretty excited to see and use it. Thanks

JF
    Bumpity bump bump...

What's the status, dbarkman?
  9.    #49  
    Very close to a beta release, shooting for Monday now. Got the hard code figured out, but implementing it has been harder than I expected. I'll send out an update on Monday.

David B.
    David,

Great news... lots of people will enjoy this one, I just wish I had realized it before I signed up with NFL.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    you guys do realize the new Sprint football app will let you manage all fantasy teams from any site on it cbs,yahoo,espn,etc? should be out soon.
    Where did you get this info?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Where did you get this info?
    This is the news release. It claims you will be able to make lineup changes on yahoo, foxsports, espn & cbssports....

Sprint | News Release

But it doesn't include nfl.com
    Last edited by rlangley21; 08/30/2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: update info
  12.    #52  
    Alright sports fans! I have just submitted the public beta of Fantasy Sports to the Palm Beta Feed. It will take a couple of hours to get published and for them to send me the address. Once I have the address, I'll email it to everyone who registered for the beta along with some other instructions, probably mid-morning MST.

If you haven't registered yet and you still want to, please click here to register.

I plan to have a non-beta, first release in the catalog by Monday September 6th.

Thank you everyone for your comments and support so far. Now, time for sleep!

David
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    This is the news release. It claims you will be able to make lineup changes on yahoo, foxsports, espn & cbssports....

Sprint | News Release

But it doesn't include nfl.com

App on my device says "still under construction for 2010 season."

Well - the 2010 season has started if you count pre-season, and if you don't the NCAA starts this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    App on my device says "still under construction for 2010 season."

Well - the 2010 season has started if you count pre-season, and if you don't the NCAA starts this weekend.
    There is a new app that's been pushed by Sprint to Android devices. It has everything the news release said it would have. It just hasn't been updated for webOS. Not sure if/when this will be updated for us.

I just checked out my friend's EVO and there's no direct fantasy manager. It's just a link that takes you to the main page for each of the sites (ie. Yahoo, ESPN, etc.). They couldn't put nfl.com on there because they are not a licensed NFL partner.

This app dbarkman has made for Yahoo will be the only stand-alone fantasy football manager app that webOS has. The rest will probably only be available via the web browser.
    I use MyFantasyLeague.com. They have apps for IPhone and Blackberry. They are looking for a developer to develope a Palm app.
  16.    #56  
    The initial beta invite email has just gone out! If you haven't registered yet and still want to, click here. Once I get your request, I'll send you the email.

At this point, I will not be following this thread very closely. To continue discussing the Fantasy Sports app, please use my PreCentral developer forum here.

Thanks!

David B.
    --
    I'm digging this app so far. Very simple and useful.
    So I have been playing with the app a bit and think it is a great design. I do have one issue though. When I restart the phone and launch the app I have to redo the O-Auth steps again. Anyway to fix this?
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    So I have been playing with the app a bit and think it is a great design. I do have one issue though. When I restart the phone and launch the app I have to redo the O-Auth steps again. Anyway to fix this?
    Yep, confirmed. Bummer, better work on a better way to store the OAuth tokens. This will take a higher priority. Please do me a favor and go to Fantasy Sports Feedback and log this one for me. That way I wont lose track of it.

Thanks!

David
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarkman View Post
    Yep, confirmed. Bummer, better work on a better way to store the OAuth tokens. This will take a higher priority. Please do me a favor and go to Fantasy Sports Feedback and log this one for me. That way I wont lose track of it.

Thanks!

David
    Done ... thanks for getting on this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast