Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Jealous. So there are no API's to make this possible for CBSSports? (please keep in mind I have no idea what API's are)
    API = Application Programming Interface, basically how we communicate with external services such as Yahoo! or Twitter and others to get data for our apps.

Yahoo! was the first content provider to offer a free and open API for Fantasy Sports. I believe ESPN and CBS both have APIs, but their not free or open. Now that Yahoo! has made the move, theirs only opened in June of this year, I believe others will follow. Once they do, I'll be looking at their APIs and get them included into Fantasy Sports.

Thanks

David
    --
    twitter: cybler
    apps: nearMe, Fantasy Sports
    Kudos on undertaking this project... I'd love to stop pinching/zooming on the Yahoo webpage for my fantasy teams. Plus, the price sounds fantastic!
    Will one be able to draft via the app? Or will it just get the info for your team after the draft is over?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Right now there are no APIs for drafting or for starting/benching players
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    OP says edit starting lineup and add/drop/trade players, so I thought maybe it was similar...
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    oh,well I'm wrong about lineups then. Still don't think you can draft, but I clearly am clueless...
    It's not a deal-breaker by any stretch. I will gladly beta test this app as soon as it's released. I was just wondering about the draft since it will be hard to test an app given player trades and editing line-ups is all done at least a week after the season starts and most drafts take place in the few days just before opening day. It's going to be cutting it close if there is debugging to do. This might end up being really good after a few weeks of the season have gone by...a little buggy at first...but I will still rather use an app then go to the website.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    You are right for drafting, Yahoo! forces everyone into their flash based interface for drafting. If you have an offline draft, I think you might enter that in a different way, but regardless, no support for drafting in the API.

The API does however support transactions, Add/Drop/Trade and Starting Lineup edits.

True too about a buggy first couple of weeks. Right now when looking at 2010 teams, everything is all 0's. Luckily I can switch the code to pull in my 2009 teams and see solid data, so I may get close by kickoff. That too may be a post-kickoff feature, set your preferences to see your previous years teams, the data is there, so why not?

Thanks for all the comments and support so far, this has been a much bigger project than I imagined from the start.

Thanks

David
    --
    You are a true hero! This is awesome. I was just starting to miss my droid eris for the sheer reason that I had an app for yahoo. Now I can be fully at peace with my pre (everything else is amazing).

Thanks again for your work and can't wait to test it out
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    thank you for this
    Thank you so much for this! This is why I love the webOS community.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    BUMP

dbarkman - how's the app coming?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlangley21 View Post
    BUMP

dbarkman - how's the app coming?
    Thanks for checking in, I'm looking at having a beta release out by the 27th and a release submitted to the app catalog by the September 3rd, meaning you guys will get your hands on a non-beta release early in the week of September 6th.

We'll finally get to see live data on the 9th and all that weekend so I'm sure I'll be doing some debugging and cleaning up and an app catalog update right after opening weekend. Then look for a lot of iteration the first few weeks but I think by mid season the app should be in pretty good shape.

I do a little more updating on twitter as @cybler using the hashtag #FantasySportsApp.

Thanks

David
    --
    sounds cool can't wait ! ! ! Football is LIFE ! ! !
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Hopefully ESPN opens their API's soon. I used Yahoo last year, and so far this year I like ESPN better.

Thanks for making this app anyways, I know a lot of people will love it!
    Sweet - the dumb league manager for one of my leagues is drafting on the 26th, so I'll look for the beta release and can put my team right in. I'll let you know if I find any issues.
    Hell yeah! I was hoping we would get a Yahoo ffb app! Thanks man!
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    aren't fantasy sports the same as Dungeons and Dragons? "Yeah .. I got points for something my character did!"
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Just made my weekend and it's only Tuesday. Thank you! Draft this Friday, can't wait to fire this up and get going. Thanks again.
    you guys do realize the new Sprint football app will let you manage all fantasy teams from any site on it cbs,yahoo,espn,etc? should be out soon.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast