Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    We wanted to let all the Pre users here know about our game for Palm Pre. The game is called Sparkle and it's a really high quality game with a lot of content and offers a great amount of entertainment. The game was originally created as a PC game so it has a lot more depth and content than many other mobile games.

You should be able to find it in the Palm app catalogue. Because of forum rules we weren't able to post a direct link

There's also a iphone gameplay video on Youtube. It has some iPhone graphics in there, but the Palm Pre version is identical as even the resolution is the same. Also, you can find reviews on the web about the iPhone version.

Also, we appreciate any feedback on the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by 10tonsLtd View Post
    We wanted to let all the Pre users here know about our game for Palm Pre. The game is called Sparkle and it's a really high quality game with a lot of content and offers a great amount of entertainment. The game was originally created as a PC game so it has a lot more depth and content than many other mobile games.

You should be able to find it in the Palm app catalogue. Because of forum rules we weren't able to post a direct link

There's also a iphone gameplay video on Youtube. It has some iPhone graphics in there, but the Palm Pre version is identical as even the resolution is the same. Also, you can find reviews on the web about the iPhone version.

Also, we appreciate any feedback on the game!
    Game looks rather interesting. I think I might try it.
    Also since the OP is awaiting 10 posts, here is the link to Sparkle in the mean time
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.10tons.app.sparkle&applicationid=4693

OP, you might look to add it to your signature.
    Pip
    just downloaded it, seems fun!
    Looks nice.

I just played it for about 10 minutes. It seems really well built, very pretty, with nice music.

There are special skills (awarded as Amulets) that you can earn. I just earned my first - the ability makes the pitched balls faster. I can wear it when I think I need it.

There is a COLORBLIND mode. (not yelling just want to make sure it is noticed ). I do not need it, but I have colorblind family members. I'm really glad you added the accessibility. The developer should mention this in the description. If I had serious color deficits, I probably wouldn't look twice at a fast moving "match the colored balls" game. This one is worth trying out.

I liked Zuma on the PC. I didn't try Cronk. Sparkle is a big step up from Zuma.

I wouldn't have any problem recommending it.
    sorry, I can't comment on the game b/c I'm using a pre+ on att & we don't have 1.4.5. Carryon!
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Got it soon as I saw this thread. Love these types of games since days of Bust-a-Move in the arcade on the Neo-Geo machines.
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Looks like a great game!
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion to mention the color blind mode in the description text. I think we'll do that. Also thanks for the nice words on Sparkle! We're preparing more games for the webOS platform as we speak. We'll probably release two of our other games Azkend and Miriel the Magical Merchant quite soon also
    Last edited by 10tonsLtd; 08/20/2010 at 03:12 PM.
    just bought it a little while ago. Fantastic game. Graphics and sounds are sharp and I love the music.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Well done! Looks like my type o' game!
    Really fun game... between this and Cosmic Nitro I haven't put my Pre down for very long the last few days. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I had the WM version of this game on my old Treo 800w. Fun game...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    Well done! Looks like my type o' game!
    It IS my type o' game!

I downloaded it last night and played it for more than two hours straight. Gonna have to be careful to keep an eye on my battery level with this one...it's so addictive!
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    sorry, I can't comment on the game b/c I'm using a pre+ on att & we don't have 1.4.5. Carryon!
    It looks pretty similar to cronk, which you should be able to get a copy of.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Damn, I didn't want to have to spend any more money this week, but this looks too good.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Damn, I didn't want to have to spend any more money this week, but this looks too good.
    it's definitely well worth the money...which ain't much
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    There's now also a Palm dedicated video of our games on YouTube. You can find it by navigating to our YouTube channel "10tonsLtd".
    Check out our Palm Pre games: http://www.10tons.com/Games/webos.html
    Although I thought it was originally a little expensive for a game app, compared to what I already own I must admit, I'm so hooked on this game, I feel like I need a car battery to supply the juice to keep my phone going. This, and Angry Birds are preventing my phone from being used as anything but a gaming gadget! Great work 10tons! I love it. Applied to be beta of others. Since we have 3 Pre owners in my home, It's going to be an race for the best amulets!

Leaderboards... !?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Sparkle doesn't actually have scores in the traditional sense so leaderboards wouldn't come that naturally. Instead it has the ranks, achievements, and things like that in the survival mode.

Maybe if we create a sequel. Today when mobile gaming with connected devices is becoming more and more popular leaderboards make a lot more sense than a couple of years ago when our games were played mainly on the PC and Mac. Also, the audience was more casual gaming oriented where scores didn't matter that much.
    Check out our Palm Pre games: http://www.10tons.com/Games/webos.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast