Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    After the filters I have in place in Preware and considering I do not let Preware display anything from a theme site, yesterday, the app total was in the 3020 to 3030 range. Don't know the exact number.

Today, that number is 3007.

Do apps get removed sometimes?

Anyone else notice a decline? Or is this just some oddity when I ran my Preware today effecting only me?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Yes I think it has to do with the 1.4.5 tag on those apps... i could be wrong
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I have no clue what you're seeing. But I'm on a ATT Pre Plus running 1.4.1 and I seeing 3,275 apps in the app cat. If you take into account that I can't see pdk apps because I don't have 1.4.5, there is prolly something like 3,330 apps. But I also have not altered my phone using Preware so I'm not looking at an altered device.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I am on Verizon 1.4.1.1 (We won't have 1.4.5.1 until the end of the year) and I show 3,427 Applications and 10 Linux Apps.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    I am on Verizon 1.4.1.1 (We won't have 1.4.5.1 until the end of the year) and I show 3,427 Applications and 10 Linux Apps.
    are you on a stock device? Because I am and I just checked the app cat again and I'm not seeing 3,427. And I'm not counting beta apps; strictly app cat on a stock device. So as to not confuse.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    well on my sprint pre I see 3345 in the app catalog.. Looks like the developers not moving how palm wanted
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    If I remove the filters, I have many more apps than I posted. It was just interesting to note that for me, the number of apps went DOWN from one day to the next. I am guessing, also, like Major Payne above, that with 1.4.5 there were apps that are being pulled as the developer can't or won't be updating to the new release.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    are you on a stock device? Because I am and I just checked the app cat again and I'm not seeing 3,427. And I'm not counting beta apps; strictly app cat on a stock device. So as to not confuse.
    Yep! Stock all the way except for 26 patches and 64 applications (no Kernels).
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Theres 3818 in the catalog worldwide.

And i think it's moving at an "okay" rate.. This thousand is going alot faster than the last. Definitely faster than the one before that, and don't even get me started on the first thousand.

It took somewhere around like 2 months to release 50 apps. Things will speed up significantly when palm introduces the 20 or maybe the 100 million hot apps program (won't actually happen)
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    The explanation in the new apps post on Precentral tells the story. There was a glitch in the app feeds hiding some new apps.