Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Its in the App scoop, so that means its still beta!..I just tried it and it works. It shows the address and everything. Awesome app.

Your phone, found!! Misplaced your phone? No problem. Use Mobile Recovery's Phone Alarm feature to sound a loud tone from your phone until you are able to locate it. If your phone is outside the audible range, Mobile Recovery can locate your phone on a map and give you turn-by-turn directions to its location. Your privacy, secure!! If your phone is ever lost, use Mobile Recovery to remotely erase the contacts from your device and lock your phone from use to keep your private information from falling into the wrong hands.
    Download now - webOS Link: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...coverybuild112

It works and it ROCKS!
    One of the most important apps so far.
    Last edited by Jason Black; 08/17/2010 at 10:17 PM.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    How much does it cost?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I saw it in the list, it looks like a really good app.. However I wonder if it would means I will have to leave GPS on all the time? Or would it automatically turn GPS on once the mobile recovery app is activated?
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    How much does it cost?
    App is free, but oftentimes the service costs $$. That's why I was looking for more info on their website.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
  6.    #6  
    It's free. There's no fee to anything It doesn't ask for your card info at anytime.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Is this website giving anyone else the "Bing Maps is unavailable" message? The screenshots for the app look a little different from the app (the battery level is missing in the app).

Supposedly the app is paid for with your Verizon Total Equipment Coverage...I wonder how they check? Lol, I don't even have Verizon, much less their TEC.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    It will install with a Sprint Pre, and it will even let you open an account but there doesn't appear to be any functionality - I have yet to get the GPS or alarm to work.
    I just downloaded the app and then went through all the motions setting it up....went to their website afterwards to look for phone...it is spot on...not just a dot on a map but my actual address. As far as functions beyond finding a lost phone who knows. Does all I would want it for.
    Seems to work good for me
    Sprint Pre, finally got both of them to work. Apparently the website does not like Chrome (at least on Ubuntu). Opened up Firefox, pulled up the maps. Location grabbed the house next to me (accuracy only to 25m). The phone did manage to send the Sound Alarm and Secure Lock features, but it's kind of funny. I sent them when my phone had coverage, but they didn't pop up until after my phone hit its scheduled airplane mode (1 am). I think that's because my location was set to retrieve again at 1:06 and that's when the app woke up to sound the triggers rather than doing it immediately? Idk. We'll see again at 1:36 lol!

The way the Secure Lock works is kind of funny. Basically the MobileRecovery app refuses to go out of focus. I couldn't swipe it up, but I could click on the twitter notification to move it to the side, but it refocuses itself if you do that. Next time I will see what happens if you restart the phone.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I just installed this but I'm not sure if it works yet (my check-in time is 2:02). One weird thing that is happening on my install is that when I click on the launcher icon to open it up, two instances of the app open. If I update or close either of the cards, the other is also updated or closed. I can't see that this is supposed to happen.

Edit: Well, about the time of the post I had used the send alarm and lock phone feature from the mobile recovery website. Both activated 6 minutes later, at 1:48.
    Last edited by dmglouis; 08/18/2010 at 12:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    I just downloaded the app and then went through all the motions setting it up....went to their website afterwards to look for phone...it is spot on...not just a dot on a map but my actual address. As far as functions beyond finding a lost phone who knows. Does all I would want it for.
    Deleting now...

Reason is that the max setting for updating is 60 minutes...and when it updates it minimizes card being used and presents itself in place...and if you disable updates then it alerts you in the same obtrusive way to let you know you have disabled it (every 60 minutes)...will see later about messing with any options on the website that may fix these obtrusive interuptions....It needs to use the notification system we have grown accustomed to instead of notifying you by completely interrupting whatever you may be doing...other than that it's very accurate on my end...
    Yeah thats kind of annoying...
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Yeah thats kind of annoying...
    Yep!...I can't imagine a notification system that is worse than this app. (laughing)
    interesting that their website says "You must be a Verizon Wireless Total Equipment Coverage (TEC) subscriber to download Mobile Recovery " sooooo is it not supposed to work for sprint?
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by ferriskeanu View Post
    Yep!...I can't imagine a notification system that is worse than this app. (laughing)
    Contacted them and let them know about the problem. Also considering its still in the beta feed there is most likely gonna be an update, hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Contacted them and let them know about the problem. Also considering its still in the beta feed there is most likely gonna be an update, hopefully.
    I agree with you...I am indeed going to email them about the "notification" issue. I also concur on what you said about the fact that it is afterall still in beta....If they reply to my email I will share here with everybody...

Edit: On their "forum" somebody has mentioned the "notification" issue already a few moments ago with no reply yet. Here is the link to page and you'll see a Pre user has posted there.
    http://help.mymobilerecovery.com/mymr
    Last edited by ferriskeanu; 08/18/2010 at 01:45 AM.
    I got this from their terms and conditions. is everyone sure its free? i hate fine print and trying to understand it so if someone could correct me that would be great. is this just saying if you use a data plan this app uses data so you'd have to pay your cell provider or is it saying there are fees for using this app?

"1. Payment

You agree to pay all fees charged, if any, to Your wireless service account for the availability of Mobile Recovery and any associated data usage charges related to the use of Mobile Recovery. Any fees for Mobile Recovery, or the related service package, will be charged to Your wireless service account on a monthly basis for so long as You have subscribed to the Mobile Recovery or related service package, regardless of whether You have electronically downloaded, installed or used Mobile Recovery. Asurion Mobile reserves the right to change the fees for Mobile Recovery or the related service package at any time; provided that Asurion Mobile will take commercially reasonable efforts to provide You with prior notice of any such change. If You fail to pay the charges for Mobile Recovery when due, Your wireless carrier will be entitled to pursue any and all legal remedies to collect the amounts owed by You, including fees for Mobile Recovery or the related service package]. Additionally, if You fail to pay the fees for Mobile Recovery or the related service package, Your wireless carrier will be entitled to, and is hereby authorized to, suspend the provision of the Mobile Recovery service and disable Your use of Mobile Recovery until such fees have been fully paid. "

Kindof sounds like the beta app is free but the official one could have a monthly fee does it not?

EDIT: Also, it doesn't seem to list the Palm Pre as a supported phone. Only plus models. that's funny. can they have 3rd party apps specific to service provider and not Palm?

https://www.mymobilerecovery.com/pub..._supported.jsp
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    I got this from their terms and conditions. is everyone sure its free? i hate fine print and trying to understand it so if someone could correct me that would be great. is this just saying if you use a data plan this app uses data so you'd have to pay your cell provider or is it saying there are fees for using this app?

"1. Payment

You agree to pay all fees charged, if any, to Your wireless service account for the availability of Mobile Recovery and any associated data usage charges related to the use of Mobile Recovery. Any fees for Mobile Recovery, or the related service package, will be charged to Your wireless service account on a monthly basis for so long as You have subscribed to the Mobile Recovery or related service package, regardless of whether You have electronically downloaded, installed or used Mobile Recovery. Asurion Mobile reserves the right to change the fees for Mobile Recovery or the related service package at any time; provided that Asurion Mobile will take commercially reasonable efforts to provide You with prior notice of any such change. If You fail to pay the charges for Mobile Recovery when due, Your wireless carrier will be entitled to pursue any and all legal remedies to collect the amounts owed by You, including fees for Mobile Recovery or the related service package]. Additionally, if You fail to pay the fees for Mobile Recovery or the related service package, Your wireless carrier will be entitled to, and is hereby authorized to, suspend the provision of the Mobile Recovery service and disable Your use of Mobile Recovery until such fees have been fully paid. "

Kindof sounds like the beta app is free but the official one could have a monthly fee does it not?

EDIT: Also, it doesn't seem to list the Palm Pre as a supported phone. Only plus models. that's funny. can they have 3rd party apps specific to service provider and not Palm?

https://www.mymobilerecovery.com/pub..._supported.jsp
    its says "service package", probably meaning asurion TEC insurance with verizon.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast