Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    has anyone found out if the company is the same as the insurance company sprint uses? The logo looks the same and everything. If that is the case maybe if it becomes a paid app it will be included with your insurance plan? just a thought.
    The app is definitely directly linked to Assurion...Oddly I received an alert this morning (saved screenshot but can't post it since I am not near a computer. It was trying to get me to create an account after I did late last night. It says "a feature of total equipment protection" which leads me to believe that they will use this app to sell their plan. In my opinion I am betting it will be included in your insurance with assurion (which I personally already have)...posted on their site with a question on cost...have not received a reply yet...

And yes...same one that Sprint uses...
    i also got a card asking to make an account again. swiped it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i also got a card asking to make an account again. swiped it away.
    My guess is that this is a "beta" issue...
    17 meters accuracy for me

It's the same company that Verizon uses that's for sure
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    just curious. for you, when you log in to their website and your on the page with the map of your phone, in the top left, what does it say as what phone you have?
    Pixi. No Plus or Service Provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    Pixi. No Plus or Service Provider.
    ah, ok. thanks.
    Cool app and idea... but I also had to uninstall due to the popup cards and a max of 60min updates. Sounds like a battery killer to me.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So far this seems like a cool app in theory but it definitely needs to be tweaked. I was able to get the alarm to sound on my phone, cool feature. The accuracy isn't as good for me as others have been reporting. The website says my location is actually about a mile from where I am as the crow flies. My biggest annoyance comes everytime I look at my phone the application is always open!!!! I close it everytime and it seems to open up again as soon as I turn the screen off!!
    Sprint users: Just got a text saying the MR would terminate in 3 days b/c I don't have the insurance (I do, but on Sprint, not Verizon). Soooo yeah.
    yup, just got this.

"FREE MSG Your Mobile Recovery service will terminate in 3 days. Your phone is not enrolled in Equipment Coverage. Call *611 to enroll. Sto"

that's stupid...
    has anyone been able to find an email address for this company. Smebody should email the asking how sprint and att users could use this app?
    I got that text too. But I have verizon and I have TEC insurance. Guess il have to contact them.
    I never saw any statement of cost or fees, you'd think they'd specify how much they charge if anything..

oh well, plenty of free apps available to us that do the same thing as this one. I think that mobile recovery is a great app though.. I wish sprint would include this with their service free..

sj
    I got an email saying its only for Verizon users...
    Did they fix the notfications?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I don't see this app in Preware anymore.. However, there is another app that provides similar service called "where is my pre".. Wondering if anyone is using this?
    been using it since it's release. No problems
    Mobile Recovery has not launched yet, but will officially be launching soon.
    It is only for Verizon TEC subscribers (TEC = Insurance, Extended Warranty, Mobile Recovery) and costs 5.99 or 7.99 based on the phone/advanced device you have.
    There site is currently in beta testing. If you don't have TEC, you will soon be kicked off if you haven't already. Other carriers will launch Mobile Recovery next year.
    It will allow users to locate, lock, sound an alarm and wipe (phonebook only).
    Check out this link to see the official "commercial."
    mymobilerecovery.com/public/verizon/demo.html[/url]
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    I don't see this app in Preware anymore.. However, there is another app that provides similar service called "where is my pre".. Wondering if anyone is using this?
    its a nice app but theres like a 1 or 2 dollar monthly fee.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast