Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Actually, I was toying with that idea... Gesture area + five fingers to "toggle" the time pause, then you could draw all you wanted. Gesture+5 again to let the particles fall
    I'd love that if you could add that in
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I'd love that if you could add that in
    In the works

Still deciding what gesture would be best for it. Five fingers seems a bit hard to do (plus it blocks your view), so I might go with gesture+2 fingers.

I will use the gesture to turn the mode on, but what about an auto timeout? ie. after 10 sec. the particles will automatically fall. Or would it be better to do a toggle.

Will all of these new things I'm going to have to add a help screen
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    In the works

Still deciding what gesture would be best for it. Five fingers seems a bit hard to do (plus it blocks your view), so I might go with gesture+2 fingers.

I will use the gesture to turn the mode on, but what about an auto timeout? ie. after 10 sec. the particles will automatically fall. Or would it be better to do a toggle.

Will all of these new things I'm going to have to add a help screen
    hmm.. taking that starfield app as an example (I think thats what its called, the one where it simulates traveling through space) a double tap on the screen brings up a in app menu of all the toggles, maybe a forward swipe on the gesture area could bring up the toggles such as having the auto timeout, so its there if people want it.
  4.    #24  
    hmm.. taking that starfield app as an example (I think thats what its called, the one where it simulates traveling through space) a double tap on the screen brings up a in app menu of all the toggles, maybe a forward swipe on the gesture area could bring up the toggles such as having the auto timeout, so its there if people want it.
    Looks like it will be gesture-2 to activate, shake to deactivate. In the future I'll get a help menu in and activate with a forward swipe/options menu type thing.
    Looks like it will be gesture-2 to activate, shake to deactivate. In the future I'll get a help menu in and activate with a forward swipe/options menu type thing.
    sounds perfect, any time frame? This app has been a great one to show to my friends, and they are all like... "well yeah lemme download that on my iphone...oh wait its not there "

and im like
  6.    #26  
    sounds perfect, any time frame? This app has been a great one to show to my friends, and they are all like... "well yeah lemme download that on my iphone...oh wait its not there "

and im like

Hopefully less than a week. Already submitted to Palm, I just have to wait for their approval.

Glad you like the app!
    Nice and please entertain some of the math challenged people like myself on what exactly this app is doing with all those points? The Two Finger Box and Magnet is very cool!

Either way, thanks and keep up the great work! Sorli...

Hopefully less than a week. Already submitted to Palm, I just have to wait for their approval.

Glad you like the app!
    is that the 1.05 update? As I tried two fingers + gesture and it didnt work :/
  9.    #29  
    is that the 1.05 update? As I tried two fingers + gesture and it didnt work :/
    Nope, it is for 1.0.6. 1.0.5 adds in the Gesture + 1 finger. Palm just took a while to push that last update out.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Nice and please entertain some of the math challenged people like myself on what exactly this app is doing with all those points? The Two Finger Box and Magnet is very cool!

Either way, thanks and keep up the great work! Sorli...
    It really is quite basic "physics". I am currently not using any trig or anything, just some simple stuff to make sure it runs at a decent framerate.

Each particle is an object with:

x
    y
    xv (velocity)
    yv (velocity)
    type (color of particle)

I am just calculating the position using the velocity and calculating the velocity using things like the accelerometer or the position of the vortex.
    Nope...didn't help much, but then I wasn't much for physics. Either way, at least I have something I can do some research on. Sorli...

It really is quite basic "physics". I am currently not using any trig or anything, just some simple stuff to make sure it runs at a decent framerate.

Each particle is an object with:

x
    y
    xv (velocity)
    yv (velocity)
    type (color of particle)

I am just calculating the position using the velocity and calculating the velocity using things like the accelerometer or the position of the vortex.
  12.    #32  
    Whoa, that was fast! Palm just released the update with the Gesture Area+2 fingers time stop. Shake your phone to start time again once.
    Whoa, that was fast! Palm just released the update with the Gesture Area+2 fingers time stop. Shake your phone to start time again once.
    Maybe I'm not doing it right, but i have one finger on the gesture area, and tap the screen with two fingers, and particles still fall :/

Does Palm release updates to our phones on the fly...what exactly did Palm do with the update for Gesture Area+2 or was that already in play from your last release and you just didn't notice? Oh...I guess this could also be a Ares thing since it runs from their resources and updates go live instantly...or on the fly.

BTW, the new gestures and options are very interesting. Like the 'finger hold' Faucet option and Accelerometer. Sorli...

PS - and hopefully your science and physics professors are noticing your efforts?
  15.    #35  
    Maybe I'm not doing it right, but i have one finger on the gesture area, and tap the screen with two fingers, and particles still fall :/
    Yeah, there is a weird thing with the input code that prevents me from doing it in any order... When you put your finger in the gesture area I don't see it as a "hold", only as a tap in the gesture area... To get around this, you have to have one or two fingers on the screen and then tap the gesture area.

Still looking for a way around this
    Ah yeah got that working, one thing i noticed though was when I tried taking a screenshot of my picture..it just came up with a black screen.

I feel bad coming up with all this stuff for you to add on to the app :/
  17.    #37  
    Ah yeah got that working, one thing i noticed though was when I tried taking a screenshot of my picture..it just came up with a black screen.

I feel bad coming up with all this stuff for you to add on to the app :/
    Yeah, there are two Palm bugs-- one that doesn't let you take screenshots of PDK apps, and one that prevents me from saving an image to the USB partition. You can save a BMP (always named pixi.bmp, so it overwrites) by just hitting P if you have doctored or have applied the FStab fix (in Preware).
    This is a fun little app....my daughter loves to show it to her friends and then I get to talk about the Pre to the parents. We make quite the marketing duo.
  19.    #39  
    New update submitted. It adds a new vortex gesture
  20.    #40  
    Looks like Palm released my newest update!

If you put your two fingers in the bottom left and top right you can activate the four Pixi Dust fountains!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast