Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 200
  1. #161  
    OMG you will release a killer application, I wouldn't be surprised if HP contacts you
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I've received tons of suggestions over the past year of ways to improve the app, but there has been one in particular that kept popping up.

    So for fans of Last.FM and scrobbling, I'm pleased to announce that Music Player (Remix) 2.0 now has full scrobbling support implemented. Here's a video demonstrating scrobbling with the app: (I'd suggest watching it in 720p or higher so you can see the text clearly).

    I'm in the process right now of contacting Last.FM in regards to signing up for their commercial API (for paid apps). So hopefully that will go well and I'll get approval to release the app with full scrobbling support.
    If you get their api would you be able to get full lastfm integration (there is that one unofficial app for webos, but it never got out of alpha)
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    If you get their api would you be able to get full lastfm integration (there is that one unofficial app for webos, but it never got out of alpha)
    I have a feeling they would request a portion of the proceeds if I added full Last.FM integration. There are a lot of cool things I could do with this API. But I think for now I'll just stick with scrobbling.

    Before implementing this, I didn't really see the point of scrobbling. But now that I've played with it, it is pretty cool and I definitely see why people find this to be a useful feature.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  4. mk3
    mk3 is offline
    mk3's Avatar
    Posts
    575 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    #164  
    So how long until we can download this?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    So how long until we can download this?
    It'll be available in the app catalog once Palm releases the media indexing API. I'll have some type of beta release once it's ready. There are still some things I need to do before then.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  6. #166  
    so curious will the media indexing api make it possible for 3rd party photo and video apps as well? The photo app is so slow and bland and lacks many features in which a photo album should like multpile levels of subfolders and taging to contacts ect. Posting to specific fb albums. Would be nice for a photos remix as well if anyone was interested
  7.    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    so curious will the media indexing api make it possible for 3rd party photo and video apps as well? The photo app is so slow and bland and lacks many features in which a photo album should like multpile levels of subfolders and taging to contacts ect. Posting to specific fb albums. Would be nice for a photos remix as well if anyone was interested
    Yes I believe all media (music, photos, and video) will be available for developers to list.
  8. mk3
    mk3 is offline
    mk3's Avatar
    Posts
    575 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It'll be available in the app catalog once Palm releases the media indexing API. I'll have some type of beta release once it's ready. There are still some things I need to do before then.

    Arrrg! Hopefully that's soon! I really dig this new music player of yours.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Arrrg! Hopefully that's soon! I really dig this new music player of yours.
    Yeah I hope so too!
  10. #170  
    Keep up the good work!


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  11. #171  
    so does this version of music player use any code from palm?

    iirc the first version modified palm's player.

    if this is still the case, I don't see how you can expect to sell it in the app catalog unless you have some special arrangement with palm...
  12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by newman314 View Post
    so does this version of music player use any code from palm?

    iirc the first version modified palm's player.

    if this is still the case, I don't see how you can expect to sell it in the app catalog unless you have some special arrangement with palm...
    Palm has open-sourced their music player app and some of the other built-in apps (the source code is included in the SDK). Music Player (Remix) 2.0 is based upon the original homebrew app but many portions have been re-written.

    If you read the SDK Licence agreement included with the SDK, you'll find that they allow code based upon the apps they include in the SDK to be submitted to the app catalog.

    Here are the relevant sections of the agreement:

    (b) Limited License for Palm Modifiable Code. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and Section 3.2(c), Palm hereby grants to Developer a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, personal license to:
    (i) create Derivative Works of the Palm Modifiable Code solely for the purpose of developing and testing Applications for Palm Devices; and
    (ii) distribute the Palm Modifiable Code and Derivative Works thereof, solely through the Palm Application Catalog for use with Palm Devices, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the parties.
    The "Palm Modifiable Code" referenced above includes all code included in the SDK, including the built-in apps (which are specifically referenced in the agreement).
    Last edited by DanPLC; 08/21/2010 at 04:28 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13. #173  
    Dan You are doing Unbelievable work!!!!
    I cant believe how many features you packed into this app! Just amazing!
    You should defnitely get a job out of this!
    And I hope Palm approves you to sell this. You deserve to get paid for making such a fine piece of work!
    I cant wait! Keep us informed and keep up the great ideas!
  14.    #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsonspre View Post
    Dan You are doing Unbelievable work!!!!
    I cant believe how many features you packed into this app! Just amazing!
    You should defnitely get a job out of this!
    And I hope Palm approves you to sell this. You deserve to get paid for making such a fine piece of work!
    I cant wait! Keep us informed and keep up the great ideas!
    Thanks a lot! Well Palm is located in California, and I'm definitely not looking to move out there. But hey if they wanted me to work from here, that would be cool!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  15. #175  
    The new Remix looks great. I cannot wait to get it.
    Thanks
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    The new Remix looks great. I cannot wait to get it.
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot! Hopefully I'll have a beta ready soon for people to try out. In the past few days I've worked pretty lightly on the app, except for adding last.FM scrobbling (but that only took one evening). But I'll be getting back into the swing of things and once I finish some cleanup, I'll be able to release something. Once it's ready, I'll post details about the beta release here.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  17. rattical's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #177  
    can't wait... love it now, and looks even better...NICE JOB !!
  18. #178  
    with this new version is it possible to apply a 1-5 star rating to tracks? Or can the feature be added? That is the only reason I still keep my ipod around as my main mp3 player, so I can better populate my "favorites" (i.e. tracks rated 3 stars or higher) auto-playlists created in MediaMonkey. If I can set ratings with my Pre and sync those with MediaMonkey, I can ditch the ipod...

    The new version is looking SLICK, BTW!!!!
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    with this new version is it possible to apply a 1-5 star rating to tracks? Or can the feature be added? That is the only reason I still keep my ipod around as my main mp3 player, so I can better populate my "favorites" (i.e. tracks rated 3 stars or higher) auto-playlists created in MediaMonkey. If I can set ratings with my Pre and sync those with MediaMonkey, I can ditch the ipod...
    I would love to add ratings to the app. Right now there isn't a way to write data back to the music files (such as ratings). And keeping the ratings stored locally doesn't really make sense since as you mentioned the whole point of ratings is being able to sync it back to your PC.

    If Palm adds this ability in the upcoming media indexing API, then yes I'll definitely be adding this feature.

    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    The new version is looking SLICK, BTW!!!!
    Thanks!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I would love to add ratings to the app. Right now there isn't a way to write data back to the music files (such as ratings). And keeping the ratings stored locally doesn't really make sense since as you mentioned the whole point of ratings is being able to sync it back to your PC.

    If Palm adds this ability in the upcoming media indexing API, then yes I'll definitely be adding this feature.



    Thanks!
    If/when you do, please make sure to also add a tag editor. Lord knows how many times I've wanted to tag an MP3 on the fly and have been unable to do so.

    Also, do you have automatic album art downloading?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions