Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    no, there isn't a problem with the files showing up in the app, i just want all the files bought on AmazonMP3 also put in a folder/playlist, to keep track of what I bought. (Actually iTunes has this exact folder: "purchased") - I was just wondering if Remix could do this too...

It would also make it easier to back-up those files to a PC....
    Ok. I rarely use iTunes, especially to buy music, so I was just going by the "recently added" part.

I just looked at the filesystem on my pre with Internalz and the stuff I've bought via Amazon went into /media/internal/AmazonMP3, so it should be easy to back up. I agree that having them all show up in a playlist in the music app would be nice.
    Dan is you worried about once Webos 2.0 hit and if Palm redesign the music that they don't steal all your ideas ? Or do you want them to take features from your app and use it for a new music player (if they redesign it) ??
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Dan is you worried about once Webos 2.0 hit and if Palm redesign the music that they don't steal all your ideas ? Or do you want them to take features from your app and use it for a new music player (if they redesign it) ??
    I hope Palm re-designs some of their built-in apps for webOS 2.0. If you're going to call something "2.0", it better be strikingly different than what is in your 1.x product. Also they really need to make a big splash with the new product line. Coming out with the same exact OS doesn't make much sense.

But no I'm not worried about them stealing my ideas for webOS 2.0. We know there is some new release scheduled for the fall. My gut is telling me it isn't webOS 2.0. I think it'll be webOS 1.5. If that's true, then my app would be released before webOS 2.0.

I think webOS 2.0 will be a major overhaul of the OS and include support for new devices (higher-res phones, tablets, etc.). I would be flattered if Palm considered some of the concepts I've created in Music Player (Remix) 2.0 worthy of webOS 2.0.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Yep PreCentral does have a copy of Remix 2.0 to play with.
    So all the sudden precentral is more important then me?

When did that happen?
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    So all the sudden precentral is more important then me?

When did that happen?
    Well it is their website that we're on right now.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Well it is their website that we're on right now.
    is that just for others to see? should i check my inbox and keep it to myself?

(Hint, Hint)
  7.    #147  
    is that just for others to see? should i check my inbox and keep it to myself?

(Hint, Hint)

my inbox is still empty... (and i'm not just saying that to cover it up, it seriously is empty..)
  9.    #149  
    my inbox is still empty... (and i'm not just saying that to cover it up, it seriously is empty..)
    I can PM you and say hi if it'll make you feel better. But it won't have anything else in there.

I can PM you and say hi if it'll make you feel better. But it won't have anything else in there.
    yea, that i'll make me feel better.. (seriously, it will)

edit: Thanks for the post, It helped...

Sorry for going off topic for so long...
    Last edited by nimer55; 08/18/2010 at 08:23 PM.
    question will locking the screen at a specific angle still be locked if you close the app then start it again.or will i have to constantly lock it each time i start the app.not a big deal if you cant though it would be nice
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmoon280 View Post
    question will locking the screen at a specific angle still be locked if you close the app then start it again.or will i have to constantly lock it each time i start the app.not a big deal if you cant though it would be nice
    Good question. All the settings at the top of the home screen are saved and then restored when you load the app. So yes, it will remember your lock preference, as well as which orientation to keep it locked in.
    YAY!!!! Can't freaking wait!!! Dan the man!!!!!
    A suggestion: I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love it if you could provide a more finely grained volume control. Sometimes I want to listen to something at a level right in between two of the few pre-defined settings offered by the Pre. Is this something you could in theory have Music Player (Remix) control, or is it an inalterable system-wide property?
    put me down for a beta tester when your ready to start one up
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Samizdat2003 View Post
    A suggestion: I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love it if you could provide a more finely grained volume control. Sometimes I want to listen to something at a level right in between two of the few pre-defined settings offered by the Pre. Is this something you could in theory have Music Player (Remix) control, or is it an inalterable system-wide property?
    Currently there is no way to do this in the SDK. But I agree, I would love more finely grained volume controls.

17.    #157  
    I've received tons of suggestions over the past year of ways to improve the app, but there has been one in particular that kept popping up.

So for fans of Last.FM and scrobbling, I'm pleased to announce that Music Player (Remix) 2.0 now has full scrobbling support implemented. Here's a video demonstrating scrobbling with the app: (I'd suggest watching it in 720p or higher so you can see the text clearly).

I'm in the process right now of contacting Last.FM in regards to signing up for their commercial API (for paid apps). So hopefully that will go well and I'll get approval to release the app with full scrobbling support.

I've received tons of suggestions over the past year of ways to improve the app, but there has been one in particular that kept popping up.

So for fans of Last.FM and scrobbling, I'm pleased to announce that Music Player (Remix) 2.0 now has full scrobbling support implemented. Here's a video demonstrating scrobbling with the app: (I'd suggest watching it in 720p or higher so you can see the text clearly).

I'm in the process right now of contacting Last.FM in regards to signing up for their commercial API (for paid apps). So hopefully that will go well and I'll get approval to release the app with full scrobbling support.
    oh man. that is glorious.
    Scrobbling! At last This is something I've really missed after switching to webOS. Looks really good DanPLC!
    I really can't wait for this.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast