Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Have you seen the datpiff app in the catalog? One thing I love about it is that when you are listening to music on the app and close the card, the music still plays because a player stays on the notification area. Is itpossible for you to integrate that on your app?
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyslim View Post
    Wow, this looks amazing. I stopped using music (remix) when I got nanplayer, now this 2.0 might make me want to switch back. I really like the new UI but it seems that nanplayer is much faster. Can't wait for this app.
    Ask yourself these questions:

- How fast can you find any song, album, artist, genre, or playlist? I can do it in a second with universal search or by tapping the song/album/artist info on the "now playing" screen.

- How fast can you play your favorite songs, albums, artists, genres, or playlists? I can do it in a second with my Faves list.

- How long does it take to drag and move a song in your current playlist up the list to play next in the queue? I can do it in a second with a single tap of a button.

While overall app speed is important (and Music Player Remix 2.0 has improved quite a bit and will continue to do so), the real gain in speed is achieved by reducing the number of actions (taps, swipes, etc.) it takes to complete a task. Eliminating unnecessary, non-value-added steps is the key.

Take another look at the videos I posted and you'll see many little examples of ways I've reduced the number of actions needed to be taken. It really makes a difference throughout a day of using the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #83  
    Have you seen the datpiff app in the catalog? One thing I love about it is that when you are listening to music on the app and close the card, the music still plays because a player stays on the notification area. Is itpossible for you to integrate that on your app?
    Yes it would be possible and it is something I've considered (i.e. leaving the mini-player running without the card). However I'm not sure how beneficial this really is with webOS. The great thing about webOS is its card/multitasking system. Leaving a card open is not a big deal. The only negative would be that your wallpaper is not visible while you have cards open, but if you're worried about that you can use the "use device's wallpaper" feature which makes the Music Player (Remix) card semi-transparent while in card mode.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I didn't see anything about the icon you tap for lyrics. Or did I miss something?
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by sondo8 View Post
    I didn't see anything about the icon you tap for lyrics. Or did I miss something?
    (this link will fast-forward you to the relevant section of the video)

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think this is the post you're referring to: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post2501789

However I didn't say it would necessarily be in the next release. But yes I do plan on thinking about ways for other apps to launch Music Player (Remix). I haven't had a chance to put any thought into this yet though.
    Well I did say "if I remember correctly"....
    I obviously remembered wrong.

No problems. I appreciate you giving the idea some thoughts and I sure hope to see it added.

Thanks.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Not yet, but it is on my list to do.

Yes, you can tap the "Resume Play" button on the home screen to resume where you last left off.
    I am looking to have Resume Play start when the App opens with no need to push any button.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am looking to have Resume Play start when the App opens with no need to push any button.
    Yeah I've been thinking of having that as an option.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Genius! Best UI's I've ever seen. Well done. I can't wait to show it off to my Iphone friends. I love my Pre.
    It reminds me of blackberrys os 6.
    Yes it would be possible and it is something I've considered (i.e. leaving the mini-player running without the card). However I'm not sure how beneficial this really is with webOS. The great thing about webOS is its card/multitasking system. Leaving a card open is not a big deal. The only negative would be that your wallpaper is not visible while you have cards open, but if you're worried about that you can use the "use device's wallpaper" feature which makes the Music Player (Remix) card semi-transparent while in card mode.
    Can you put it as an option to turn it off or on if someone, like myself, want's it?
  12.    #92  
    Can you put it as an option to turn it off or on if someone, like myself, want's it?
    Can you help me understand why this would be a desirable feature for you? I guess I just don't see why having the app's card open is a big deal in webOS.

Sometimes I have a lot of cards open and I go back and forth and having one less card might make a diff. If you do add it that's cool same think if you don't.
  14.    #94  
    Sometimes I have a lot of cards open and I go back and forth and having one less card might make a diff. If you do add it that's cool same think if you don't.
    While in card view, have you tried tapping right below the cards? This makes all the cards smaller and allows you to view more of them while swiping through them. It might be easier for you to handle if you're the type that keeps a lot of cards open.

But anyway back on topic... I'll definitely consider this. I'll have to think about it some more.

While in card view, have you tried tapping right below the cards? This makes all the cards smaller and allows you to view more of them while swiping through them. It might be easier for you to handle if you're the type that keeps a lot of cards open.

But anyway back on topic... I'll definitely consider this. I'll have to think about it some more.
    Yes, I do that. That kinda leads me to another topic, nothing to do with your app. I wish Palm would update that view so you could have a 3x3 column showing your cards instead of showing them in a row.
  16.    #96  
    Yes, I do that. That kinda leads me to another topic, nothing to do with your app. I wish Palm would update that view so you could have a 3x3 column showing your cards instead of showing them in a row.
    Yeah I think the "card swiping" interface was really meant for running just a few apps at most at a time. If you run tons of apps at a time, it can be cumbersome to have to swipe through them all to reach the last one in the stack.

However I usually run only a few apps at most at a time, so it works well for me.

This looks awesome Dan. Can't wait for it to be released.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    This looks awesome Dan. Can't wait for it to be released.
    Thanks!

looks awesome.
    question: is it impossible to build in scrobbling to last.fm? i had an htc hero & there were 2 music apps in the market that scrobbled to last.fm.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    This looks fantastic.

Let me tell you the single most coveted feature I wish for in a music player:

In the absence of metadata, the player identifies files based on filename.

That's it. I have zillions of mp3's which are homemade, made by small run indie artists, off the grid, what-have-you.. and are made without tags or metadata of any kind. These songs, even on NanPlayer, come up as "Unknown Artist - Unknown Title". Even though the filename clearly identifies who and what it is.

Please, please, please. Find a way to go with file name if there's no tag or metadata.

Thank you and I can't wait!!

;