Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Just getting around to reading this thread. Looks excellent....looks like you have included many many little things that will make this a must install.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    If/when you do, please make sure to also add a tag editor. Lord knows how many times I've wanted to tag an MP3 on the fly and have been unable to do so.

Also, do you have automatic album art downloading?
    I don't for the same reason I don't have ratings. There's no way to update the tags in the files. And it just doesn't make sense to store ratings or album art locally since the files on your computer will not get updated.

What I recommend people use is an application like Media Monkey to download or repair the album art in their files. I used it on my computer and now 99% of my files have album art. In my opinion, it's much easier to do it as a one-time batch process on your computer where all your music files reside, than doing it on your portable device which may not even have all of your music files.

However I think being able to edit tag information (song, artist, etc.) in the app would be nice. There have been times when I found a typo that prevented the app from finding lyrics for the song. It would be much more convenient in that case to fix the tag info right there instead of waiting to do so the next time I hook my device up to my computer. But again, this will be dependent upon Palm providing the APIs to accomplish this.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Just getting around to reading this thread. Looks excellent....looks like you have included many many little things that will make this a must install.
    Thanks! That's what I was going for actually... sometimes it's the little things that make it all worthwhile in life.

There are many examples of this in the app, but the one that stands out to me in my everyday use is universal search. It has changed the way I experience my music.

Just like universal search has revolutionized the way people find their information on their smartphones, this will revolutionize the way people listen to their music. Very rarely do I browse the music app in the traditional way. Now if I think of something I want to listen to, I just type out the first few letters and I instantly have it available to me. There may be a song I'm listening to that reminds me of another song or album. Or I may be swiping through my music in preview mode and I find something that reminds me of something else. Without interrupting my current playlist, I can quickly find what I'm looking for and queue it up to play next.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

4.    #184  
    I've just uploaded a new video demonstrating some of the advanced bookmarking features in Music Player (Remix) 2.0. You can view the video here:

The new bookmarking features demonstrated in the video are as follows:

- Manually save multiple bookmarks within a song. The position within the track, as well as the position of the track within the current list is saved.

- Bookmarks within a song are indicated visually with markers on the Now Playing screen scrubber bar. To skip to the next bookmark/chapter, tap on the next button. To go back to a previous bookmark/chapter, tap on the previous button.

- Anytime you exit the app, an automatic bookmark is saved. When reloading the app, tap on the Resume Play button to resume where you left off in the track and the list you were previously playing. Optionally, you can also have the app automatically resume the auto bookmark when you load the app.

- Anytime you listen to a playlist or flylist, the app will remember where you left off within that list. You can restore your position within any of your playlists or flylists by tapping the bookmark icon at the bottom of the playlist/flylist screen.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Any chance of adding the option to turn off album art?
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by veelo2 View Post
    Any chance of adding the option to turn off album art?
    The album art on the Now Playing screen doubles as the play/pause tap button, so no I don't think I can get rid of it. Also it wouldn't look right for there to be a huge blank area in the middle of the screen.

Is there a particular reason why you don't want to see album art on this screen?

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Mostly just a privacy issue - I ride public transportation a lot and I feel like nosy people are always looking to see what I'm listening to. Usually I keep my songs in playlist view to keep the album art from showing, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  8.    #188  
    Mostly just a privacy issue - I ride public transportation a lot and I feel like nosy people are always looking to see what I'm listening to. Usually I keep my songs in playlist view to keep the album art from showing, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    Unless you're listening to something like this, I'm sure you shouldn't be too embarrassed by whatever you're listening to:

I may play around with this type of option to see what it looks like. I'm just not sure about how many people would really use it.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    If I want to rock out to some Careless Whisper, I don't want anyone judging me!

10.    #190  
    If I want to rock out to some Careless Whisper, I don't want anyone judging me!

Hey there's nothing wrong with George Michael or Wham. I rock Wham on my Pre all the time! Really...I'm serious.

This looks AWESOME! I've been using Music (Remix) for a while, mostly for listening to audiobooks (in MP3 format). It's great to hear about the sleep timer and automatically resuming the auto bookmark.

I do have a question. Currently, I have to unselect shuffle when opening Music (Remix). Will there be an option to have the shuffle disabled (as a default). Shuffling doesn't work to well when listening to an audiobook.

Thanks for your hard work.
    E
  12.    #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by econn View Post
    This looks AWESOME! I've been using Music (Remix) for a while, mostly for listening to audiobooks (in MP3 format). It's great to hear about the sleep timer and automatically resuming the auto bookmark.

I do have a question. Currently, I have to unselect shuffle when opening Music (Remix). Will there be an option to have the shuffle disabled (as a default). Shuffling doesn't work to well when listening to an audiobook.

Thanks for your hard work.
    E
    Shuffle is disabled by default in Music Player (Remix) 2.0 unless you select either "Shuffle All" on the home screen or one of the shuffle icons at the bottom-left corner of the screens.

When you load a list (album, artist, genre, playlist, flylist, faves), the songs will play in their original, intended order. Of course you can shuffle them by going to the list view and tapping the shuffle icon.

And when you save a bookmark (either manually or ones automatically saved by the app), and then restore the bookmark, the list will play in its original, non-shuffled order. You can view a demonstration of this in the "Advanced Bookmarks" video I just posted today.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Shuffle is disabled by default in Music Player (Remix) 2.0 unless you select either "Shuffle All" on the home screen or one of the shuffle icons at the bottom-left corner of the screens.

When you load a list (album, artist, genre, playlist, flylist, faves), the songs will play in their original, intended order. Of course you can shuffle them by going to the list view and tapping the shuffle icon.

And when you save a bookmark (either manually or ones automatically saved by the app), and then restore the bookmark, the list will play in its original, non-shuffled order. You can view a demonstration of this in the "Advanced Bookmarks" video I just posted today.
    Thanks, I can't wait to try it.
  14.    #194  
    Thanks, I can't wait to try it.
    Funny you should say that... Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta is now freely available as a homebrew app! Here is the new homebrew discussion thread: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...35#post2641197

The app should be available in Preware shortly, once PreCentral reviews it. However for those who can't wait, the link to the IPK is available in the homebrew thread.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks Dan! I'll definitely try this out.
    i jus downloaded the beta and i am really enjoying it, in your preview video i thought u mentioned something about auto scrolling lyrics. Have u implemented that yet?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i jus downloaded the beta and i am really enjoying it, in your preview video i thought u mentioned something about auto scrolling lyrics. Have u implemented that yet?
    No what I mentioned was that the song title and artist/album information will scroll at the top of the Lyrics screen if they don't fit completely on the screen.

Auto-scrolling lyrics would be cool but I don't think that's possible with the current SDK (at least not accurately).

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Funny you should say that... Music Player (Remix) 2.0 Beta is now freely available as a homebrew app!
    The app should be available in Preware shortly, once PreCentral reviews it. However for those who can't wait, the link to the IPK is available in the homebrew thread.
    Great! Do you reccomend removing the original Music (Remix) before installing the Beta?
  19.    #199  
    Great! Do you reccomend removing the original Music (Remix) before installing the Beta?
    They are both separate apps, so technically you can have both apps installed simultaneously; however I recommend people replace the original app with the new one for the following reasons:

- 2.0 is the next generation version of the app and provides a user experience on a whole other level.

- The old app will no longer be supported. The original support thread in the Hedami developer forum has been closed. 2.0 is now the new standard!

- In addition to the many new features within the app, 2.0 fixes many bugs and issues found in the old version. While it's being labeled as "Beta", it really is much more stable than the old version.

My music (remix) will not scrobble any of my songs. i have gone to preferences and logged in and no luck. not scrobbling any tracks. please help!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910