1.    #1  
    I haven't gotten a single game for my Pre other than solitaire and a jumping game thing...what are some good 3d games, in your opinion? And I'm slightly confused about the PDK thing...are these PDK apps in the app catalog, or elsewhere? Anywhoo, what should I get?
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    I haven't gotten a single game for my Pre other than solitaire and a jumping game thing...what are some good 3d games, in your opinion? And I'm slightly confused about the PDK thing...are these PDK apps in the app catalog, or elsewhere? Anywhoo, what should I get?
    PDK games are in the Palm App Catalog just like the others, the difference is in the core code which allows devs to use "C" based code in their apps in addition to the standard html, css, java. For usage purposes that are the same as any other app.

As for the "best" game?? Are you a gamer? What genre of games do you like?

For FPS games there's:

Brothers in Arms 1 & 2
    N.O.V.A

Racing:

Need for Speed Undercover
    Asphalt 5

Flying:

HAWX
    X-plane series

Sports:

FIFA 2010
    Tiger Woods Golf
    NFL 2010

It depends on what you like?
  3.    #3  
    awesome! Thanks! I'll look up those apps and read some reviews, and try some out!
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Honestly, I find most of the PDK games I've bought (and I've bought a lot) to be relatively unplayable.

I'd suggest shying away from anything with a virtual on-screen joystick.... including Sandstorm, Castle of Magic, Earthworm Jim, Assassin's Creed, Gangstar, and many others.

The ones that I find to be much better have a more-optimized for a touchscreen way of controls. Jump O'Clock is good, though it takes too long to get difficult, anything that uses the accelerometer is good (Asphalt, NFS, X-Plane, Glyder, HAWX), and then I find that the other random stuff is good as well, Radiant, Battleship, Scrabble, Monopoly, Smiles, Ancient Frog, Cronk, etc.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I actually like the onscreen joystick games.
    Assassin's Creed, Gangstar, I think they play very well. I also like Need for Speed and Dungeon Hunter.

-1 for use of "Anywhoo"!
    Have a look for the Drag radius patch on Preware. Makes those virtual joystick controls respond better as it lowers the threshold to detect a finger movement.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I thought that radius patch only applied to the launcher. I'm goona give it a try in AC.
    The ones I play the most are N.O.V.A and Tiger Woods.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I am not a huge gamer, but I do like to have a few in my phone for those bored moments when I need something to do.

I really like when they have a demo that you can try, first.

I have to admit, however, that while I have purchased a few, there are some that ended up getting deleted. When I have a touchscreen phone and try a game that doesn't make full use of it or is made like games for my old Treo, it kind of disappoints me.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    i cant find links can anyone advice thanks
    best game ever, Angry Birds. There is a paid version, which I have, but here is the free version to give you that "taste".

[url= USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.[/url]
    The game I would recommend would be none other than the famous... NFSU. Awesome Game.