Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    In the past I have found Google Maps very helpful in navigating around traffic snarls in Atlanta. The last couple of weeks the traffic view has been useless -always showing the roads clear when I am sitting in standstill traffic and have no idea where the problem is. Any idea why this has stopped working properly?
    i never knew it worked properly to begin with? try BFGMaps in preware....much better IMO.
    Seems to work OK here in Los Angeles. Maybe just a problem with the local feed of data to Google in Atlanta? Have you checked with Google?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    i never knew it worked properly to begin with? try BFGMaps in preware....much better IMO.
    Thanks I will give that a try
    I've also noticed problems with Google traffic. I've compared it to Bing traffic and Traffic.com, and have come to these conclusions:
    - Google's traffic data is delayed, i.e. traffic caused by an accident will take longer to show up on Google.
    - Google's traffic data is conservative (i.e. biased towards showing less traffic). When I look at the same locations on the 3 different sites, Google always shows less traffic.
    - Bing shows the most accurate traffic data

However, this is all based on observations of I-95 in Connecticut.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjam99 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they use the same information from Google.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.