1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been asked multiple times in the past but am just curious to see how many Pre Members are satisfied with their YouMail service currently.

Any problems with delays in recieving messages, battery drain, etc?

I'm currently job hunting so my biggest fear would be a voicemail getting lost or not be recorded at all due to a faulty voicemail service.

Thanks in advance to everyone's opinions......
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    yes.....its reliable......well at least for me. i have a sprint palm pre.
    I would deffinately recommend it. I have been using it since the early beta days and like it alot. The only downfall (as of now) is the fact that the message plays back through the external speaker.
    I love youmail
    YouMail has worked really well for me, and it's free. I suggest using the email notification option and configuring YouMail to send a Plain-Text email message and attach the audio as MP3. The Pre's mail app can play these inline with a single tap so it's very easy to check your voicemail via email.

Accessing voicemail this way means you only need a data connection, so if you have no phone signal but Wi-Fi access you can still receive voice messages.

Once you're comfortable with how that works and want to step up to a more sophisticated way to manage your voicemail, purchase the YouView app—like an email client for your voicemail—and enjoy some handy new features:

• Full random access to voicemail. Access messages (tagged with caller ID or contact info and location) in any order, and full playback controls allow you to quickly seek/scrub to any point in the message
    • Deleting messages removes them directly from your YouMail account, which makes it easier to stay under the 100-message limit for free accounts
    • Quick access controls for returning the call or responding via email, flagging messages, callback reminders, and viewing transcripts (if enabled)
    • Saved and Spam folders for sorting messages

There's been an issue with notifications sometimes not appearing until you'd run the YouView app once after a restart, but since 1.4.5 I haven't experienced this problem.

YouView won the hot apps competition, so a few people out there like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    yes.....its reliable......well at least for me. i have a sprint palm pre.
    I'm having problems with YouMail on a Sprint Pre. There is about a 5 second delay between the time the phone stops ringing (from the caller's perspective) and the greeting plays. Do you have that delay?

I started a thread about it here.

I checked the YouMail forums and people were reporting the same problem with different networks. I've contacted YouMail support as well as Sprint and haven't been able to resolve the issue.

Is anyone having similar issues on AT&T?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    YouMail has worked really well for me, and it's free. I suggest using the email notification option and configuring YouMail to send a Plain-Text email message and attach the audio as MP3. The Pre's mail app can play these inline with a single tap so it's very easy to check your voicemail via email.

Accessing voicemail this way means you only need a data connection, so if you have no phone signal but Wi-Fi access you can still receive voice messages.

Once you're comfortable with how that works and want to step up to a more sophisticated way to manage your voicemail, purchase the YouView app—like an email client for your voicemail—and enjoy some handy new features:

• Full random access to voicemail. Access messages (tagged with caller ID or contact info and location) in any order, and full playback controls allow you to quickly seek/scrub to any point in the message
    • Deleting messages removes them directly from your YouMail account, which makes it easier to stay under the 100-message limit for free accounts
    • Quick access controls for returning the call or responding via email, flagging messages, callback reminders, and viewing transcripts (if enabled)
    • Saved and Spam folders for sorting messages

There's been an issue with notifications sometimes not appearing until you'd run the YouView app once after a restart, but since 1.4.5 I haven't experienced this problem.

YouView won the hot apps competition, so a few people out there like it.
    Thanks for that good response and some good information to know when configuring YouMail- I just picked up the YouMail app so I''l be playing with the configuration this weekend

Thanks to everyone else for the responses, seems like YouMail is the way to go
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    YouView is one of the two best apps I have ever purchased!
    if I download the app from preware does it work in canada? When I look it up in the app catalogue it says not available in your country