1.    #1  
    This app shows the date and time in Final Fantasy XIV (Eorzea time). At the present, this app also shows a count down timer for the release of both the standard and collector’s editions. As more information is known, I will add air ship schedules, ferry times, etc.

My app is based off of Pyogenes FFXI timer source which can be found here. All I have done is modify it to work on WebOS with FFXIV.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them here.

P|C link: http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...lock-for-ffxiv

Last edited by sinime; 10/07/2010 at 11:33 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Version 1.0.2 is out now! It changes the upper middle icon to display the current in game moon phase, current Guardian symbol next to the date and fixes the elemental chart (was showing FFXI chart).

Any beta testers, feel free to shoot me a PM or reply to this thread with any corrections / suggestions to make this app better / more correct.
    Last edited by sinime; 08/26/2010 at 01:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Maybe it's because I have been starving for information, but could you make the element chart link to more information about the element? With an idea that in the future it can list spells and abilities.

Also, can you add a clock only mode? (Pretty much what you have now only with no cards.)

To complement the previous idea adding a "Preferences" option to the drop down menu to set background rotation speed would be nice too.

Last and maybe the most complicated, add the building blocks to read RSS feeds from sites like wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/ No real telling at this point which wiki will be accepted as "The Best" but adding the base will make changing or adding sites with feeds easier. Looks like the official site has a feed for the Updates page (probably a good one to start with).

Keep up the good work on this app! It's very clean and WebOS-ish in operation making it easy to jump into and use.
    Last edited by Honis; 08/26/2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: 26 days EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Maybe it's because I have been starving for information, but could you make the element chart link to more information about the element? With an idea that in the future it can list spells and abilities.

Also, can you add a clock only mode? (Pretty much what you have now only with no cards.)

To complement the previous idea adding a "Preferences" option to the drop down menu to set background rotation speed would be nice too.

Last and maybe the most complicated, add the building blocks to read RSS feeds from sites like wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/ No real telling at this point which wiki will be accepted as "The Best" but adding the base will make changing or adding sites with feeds easier. Looks like the official site has a feed for the Updates page (probably a good one to start with).

Keep up the good work on this app! It's very clean and WebOS-ish in operation making it easy to jump into and use.
    Those are some interesting ideas. I will definitely consider them. The RSS feed reader could be implemented pre-release of the game. I was thinking about the adjustable fade times for the background, but my wife mentioned it might be better to have a picture for each card (Scene of dock for ferry times, airship harbor for it’s schedule, crafting scene for store hours, etc.) Not sure but it wouldn’t be too difficult to implement both and make it optional.

On the options note, I was considering making the time adjustable. For example, your phone gets it’s time from your carrier, but that time is more then likely off from the servers. This way you could tweak the time to get it spot on or at least closer. I know it doesn’t sound all that important, but it could also help if SE pulls the rug out from everyone and changes the start date for in game time calculations upon the games official release. You would be able to adjust the time to be correct long before the 2-3+ days for Palm to get an update from me approved.

I was originally headed a different direction and trying to just get those items that were valuable to a clock back in the days of FFXI. Actually, I was asked if it would be possible to make an XI clock for the Pre. It’s basically the same code and going from XI to XIV and back is very easy (granted not much is known to the public about XIV. Anyhow, I started messing with the crafting schedule and came up with this… (granted it still has XIV pics for background, but please bare with me)

vanadielclock_2010-24-08_095355.png

I didn’t like the look of the list in that “window” so I started playing with it and came up with this…

vanadielclock_2010-27-08_083246.png

Not sure which I prefer, but would be interested to know your thoughts. Which layout looks better to you? Maybe a combination of both?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I like the second one. It's easier to read at a glance. I like your Wife's idea of set backgrounds which would also make finding pages easier when glancing. Combined with my idea would be cool.

I still play XI but I'm not a crafter so I can't really comment on how useful an 11 app would be at this point.

I'd ask around about tower clock consistency. Keep in mind you can ping certain web sites or servers for a current time to compare against (no idea how easy that would be to do compared to user calibration).

I hope you're getting more users than just me for this app. I appreciate you picking it up instead of forcing me to learn how to code up my phone.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  6.    #6  
    Meh, having issues with how the overall look should be. IDK, but here is where I am at right now...

vanadielclock_2010-13-09_104421.png

Bottom row of icons would be for selecting Airships, Ferry, Guilds, Moon Phase, RSE and/or Racing Schedule.

Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Meh, having issues with how the overall look should be. IDK, but here is where I am at right now...

vanadielclock_2010-13-09_104421.png

Bottom row of icons would be for selecting Airships, Ferry, Guilds, Moon Phase, RSE and/or Racing Schedule.

Any thoughts?
    That interface looks great! I was popping back to add a few more ideas now that I've had a chance to play.

Enter and save character information and load pictures of the character(s).

Down the road features...
    Once the clocks are done:
    Links to recipe books or an offline recipe book. May require teaming up with one of the many wiki sites cropping up.

Once it's figured out and published:
    Calculators for damage, evasion, etc.
  8.    #8  
    Argggg, I'm getting caught up in little things and don't seem to be making fast progress. The background images are still there on the home and possibly options screen. The lists just seem to hard to read at times when the background is see through. I need to get at least the Guild Leve reset clock on the XIV app, which is reset every 36 hours.

Again though, here are some screens I've been toying with on the XI clock...

vanadielclock_2010-27-09_195334.png

vanadielclock_2010-27-09_195346.png

vanadielclock_2010-27-09_195349.png

vanadielclock_2010-27-09_195353.png
  9.    #9  
    EDIT: It's out.

Quick update, Version 1.0.3 of the FFXIV Eorzea Clock has been submitted. Once Palm approves it, it should show up in the catalog. (usually 2-3 days)

- I fixed the Guardian icons to match those found in the game. (Was a pain because the only place I could find them was on the character select screen, so I had to make 12 characters, each under a different Guardian.)

- Updated the element chart with lines linking the opposing elements and changed the icons to that of the Guardians.

- Added Leve reset timer to the center card.

Enjoy...

eorzeaclock_2010-05-10_082621.png

eorzeaclock_2010-05-10_082625.png
    Last edited by sinime; 10/06/2010 at 07:28 PM.