1.    #1  
    If you use Gowalla don't expect an update to the app for a while. I use Foursquare and Gowalla. Both have their pluses and their minuses. I started using Gowalla a little bit more because of the ability to upload photos, trips and I kept wining stuff :-). After a while I would not use it to check in because it took about 2 minutes to load the app. I sent in feedback to Gowalla stating that the app was too slow (painfully slow) and I constantly had problems uploading photo. A few others had similar problems. A representative responded quickly and said they basically are not updating the app until they figure out what is going on with HP and Palm.

Companies buy other companies all the time. I don't think it is right they are letting their users suffer until things get worked out. Even if for some reason they stop making Pres, Pixies and development on WebOS, they should still fix their app because people will still have and use the phones and OS even after Palm stops making/supporting it.

Here is the thread so I am not paraphrasing them incorrectly: http://feedback.gowalla.com/gowalla/..._app_very_slow

They even went on to mark the issue as closed. Is anyone else having problems using Gowalla on thier Pre or Pixi?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/12/2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Gowalla is painfully slow and the UI is sluggish and needs a huge upgrade. It's all over the reviews in the App Catalog. If that is their view toward Palm/HP then all I can say is........

Foursquare All The Way.............
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Jeebus, what a load out of Gowalla.
    This issue has been known for several months now. At this point, it seems like Gowalla users are becoming more and more angry and frustrated and may be on the point of jumping ship to Foursquare. Personally, I don't want to do that, since I think Foursquare is more like the Myspace of location-based apps, but it's getting frustrating.

Are there any developers out there who have the know how and time to either develop something similar that can tap into Gowalla or otherwise port it over from iPhone/Android, both of which work much better and have more of the various features (like search)? I think whoever that is would be completely loved.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Gowalla seems to have backtracked some on their words and on some very odd reply removal on that thread in GetSatisfaction...
  6.    #6  
    The thread is still there. I guess with the responses of the Precentral peeps they changed the status to acknowledged. I guess they didn't know they had that many WebOS lovers and users :-).

edit: but I see they've been deleting user's comments. hmmm very weird and tricky ...
    Last edited by missu; 08/12/2010 at 04:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Was excited to see the Gowalla announcement of their new "highlights" feature until I saw this line:

"We’ll be adding the feature soon to our mobile apps on iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry"

sigh
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    hey ppl, please go on that feedback site mentioned above and please give feedback!

you can also use the thread i have reported:

Gowalla 2.0.1 on webOS lacks performance

just give em some work to do, community.
    Quote Originally Posted by missu View Post
    A representative responded quickly and said they basically are not updating the app until they figure out what is going on with HP and Palm.

Here is the thread so I am not paraphrasing them incorrectly: Palm App Very slow

They even went on to mark the issue as closed. Is anyone else having problems using Gowalla on thier Pre or Pixi?
    Note to self, don't use Gowalla. If they are worried about "what is going on with HP and Palm" they clearly don't have the business skills to stay in business. That's almost as bad as developers that "stopped" working on apps when Mark Hurd made his famous statement about not buying Palm to "get in to the phone business".

That comment from Gowalla makes it seem like the company is being run a group of 8th graders in a Junior Achievement club.

And you can tell them I said so, too.
  10. 3FC
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Lol. I'm trying to get to the thread... but it's opening as slowly as their app x.x

It IS painfully slow to use. I like the service way more than foursquare, but I downloaded that app to try out and it's lightning fast compare to gowalla On the bright side, that gives me hope.. it can be done.. but now reading this... not so much hope left. What a silly reason to disappoint otherwise happy users and send them off to someone else when they WANT to stay.

Honestly... what exactly are they waiting to see. At what point will they feel confident enough to update their app... geez.