Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Question: I can't seem to go back to any level I want. I seem to be stuck in 2-x and I can't (re)play the first levels. Is this normal or is there something wrong on my phone?
    I have the exact same issue! I click the first world and it takes me to the second! Yet the second world icon is shown as locked
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ok...so I have 1.4.5 installed...running UberKernel and patches.
    Whenever I try to open Angry Birds the app opens a blank screen and then closes immediately. Restarted a few times...uninstalled and re-installed...no luck. Any thoughts? Well, aside from doctoring?
    Quote Originally Posted by CauseHavoc View Post
    Whenever I try to open Angry Birds the app opens a blank screen and then closes immediately. Restarted a few times...uninstalled and re-installed...no luck. Any thoughts? Well, aside from doctoring?
    What have you tried?
    Pre restart?
    Uninstalling/reinstalling?
    Emergency Fstab Fixer?

Pip
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    What have you tried?
    Pre restart?
    Uninstalling/reinstalling?
    Emergency Fstab Fixer?

Pip
    I tried restarting my PRE a few times...uninstalling/reinstalling and then restarting and also ran emergency Fstab Fixer...still same deal. Also does the same thing when I try to run 'glow hockey'...blah
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    Question: I can't seem to go back to any level I want. I seem to be stuck in 2-x and I can't (re)play the first levels. Is this normal or is there something wrong on my phone?
    There are multiple "themes" to each world (level). It will automatically open to the theme where your current unsolved puzzle is located. Try swiping left or right on the puzzle select screen.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CauseHavoc View Post
    Looks like I found the problem!!! The kernel I had installed apparently wasn't compatible with 1.4.5! I reinstalled the original kernel via preware, then installed the new, as of today, kernel for UberKernal, and now I'm running at full force again Time for the addiction to start!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    I have the exact same issue! I click the first world and it takes me to the second! Yet the second world icon is shown as locked
    You are misunderstanding the game is 3 "stories" Poached Eggs,Mighty Hoax, and Danger Above, all have multiple levels. For poached eggs, you have 1-x, 2-x, 3-x. If you are in Poached Eggs looking at 2-x and want to go to 1-x swipe as someone said in the thread. At the bottom of the page you will see an indicator (3 dots, one lit) and a number for what level you are in. When you get to Mighty Hoax, you will then be in world 4-x, etc.

This is why when you look at the main page 2 is still locked, you have to complete 1-x, 2-x, and 3-x in poached eggs to unlock Mighty Hoax. Hope that helped.
    Does anybody else have the feeling that angry birds is leaking memory? Everytime I play it (it usually takes at least an hour until i can drag myself of the screen again ( my phone becomes extremely laggy afterwards. Does anybody have a similar experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    Does anybody else have the feeling that angry birds is leaking memory? Everytime I play it (it usually takes at least an hour until i can drag myself of the screen again ( my phone becomes extremely laggy afterwards. Does anybody have a similar experience?
    I'm not sure if I've experienced that; however after playing for awhile, I seem to be getting the "Too many cards" error pop up during the game. This is the first time this has happened while playing a PDK game. Most PDK games will generate that error when first loading, but with Angry Birds it only happens after playing for awhile. And I don't have any other cards open at the time. That leads me to believe there is some type of memory leak, or the app just keeps using more and more memory until you get that error.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I'm almost sure now this game is leaking memory. After an hour of playing or two my phone becomes useless until i restart it.
    Are the developers following this thread? If so: seriously, please run a profiler on the game, just to be sure.
    Absolutely no issues with AB for me. Running 720 OC.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    no issues for me either. i'm on uber 1ghz.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjpuczko View Post
    no issues for me either. i'm on uber 1ghz.
    Hm, me too. Whats the longest time you have been playing?
    I am running TChief at Screenstate 500/1005 with 32mb compcache and slightly tweaked voltages. Never had an issue running AB (really enjoying the game) but I am the type of user that regularly disables/enables compcache via govnah to clear the swap etc.

Usually I play AB for no more than 30 minutes per session.
    Running U Kernal and it works great
    Well, I guess its just me then. Never mind.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I love Angry Birds! I play it way too often and for far too long! LOL But has anybody else noticed how slow the game play is sometimes? Like waiting for a bird to disintegrate after it's been fired from the slingshot? Sometimes even after the bird has finally blown itself up, it takes several seconds of seemingly no activity at all before the screen will pan over to the left side again. Not sure if this is common to all versions of Angry Birds or is this slowness in the game play only apparent in the WebOS version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    I love Angry Birds! I play it way too often and for far too long! LOL But has anybody else noticed how slow the game play is sometimes? Like waiting for a bird to disintegrate after it's been fired from the slingshot? Sometimes even after the bird has finally blown itself up, it takes several seconds of seemingly no activity at all before the screen will pan over to the left side again. Not sure if this is common to all versions of Angry Birds or is this slowness in the game play only apparent in the WebOS version?
    I noticed that a couple of times just chalked it up to maybe webos was running something in the background at the time so it took a little power away.
    I wonder if it's waiting for the physics engine. Sometimes I've noticed a teetering plank or something that if you wait long enough will tip over. Since this can make a difference between life and death for the pigs, it makes sense that it gives gravity a chance to sort things out before moving on.
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    I wonder if it's waiting for the physics engine. Sometimes I've noticed a teetering plank or something that if you wait long enough will tip over. Since this can make a difference between life and death for the pigs, it makes sense that it gives gravity a chance to sort things out before moving on.
    I thought something like that as well because as I was getting ready to launch sometimes I would hear a crash and would go back to see what happened.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast