Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkr View Post
    I bought the Pixi version, so would I have to buy the Pre version as well if I got a pre?
    I think you would have to rebuy it, unless maybe HPalm or Rovio would give you a credit. The problem is because the app doesn't scale from Pre to Pixi and is 2 separate apps so the while you have rights to DL the Pixi version, it would be hidden in the app cataloge on the Pre.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I hope this is not true. The selling tickets point of webos is scaling. If it can't between 2.8 and 3. 1 that's kinda sad. On android for example I can go from 3.1" to 10.1" with the same app purchase on multiple devices.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Angry Birds Rio broke my Pre+ running 1.4.5. I was playing a game after finishing all of the levels, getting them up to 3 stars, and the screen locked up. Nothing would respond after that, not the screen, not the buttons, not the keyboard. It wouldn't even answer calls.

I ended up pulling the battery, and that reset the phone to operational. But now, AB Rio won't start up. Before I reinstall it, has anyone else had a similar issue?
    Help! I was playing Angry Birds Rio when the game completely froze like I've read in other posts. I had to do a battery pull to restart the phone, now the game will not launch. It looks like its going to and then it kicks me back to the home screen. I know if I uninstall and reinstall it will most likely fix the game but I want to know if that will wipe my scores? I almost have 3 star on all levels and I don't want to loose that. Is there any way to extract the game history file so I can restore it? It doesn't look like the save/restore app can backup angry birds. Please save my score!
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    Is there any way to extract the game history file so I can restore it? It doesn't look like the save/restore app can backup angry birds. Please save my score!
    mmm... the latest version does support Rio, but maybe you have to get it from the testing feeds (I have those feeds enabled and I remember that one of the last updates mentioned Angry Birds Rio)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I'll have to hit up the testing feeds, Thanks. I'm running Save/Restore v1.0.0. What version do you have?
    I'll have to hit up the testing feeds, Thanks. I'm running Save/Restore v1.0.0. What version do you have?
    1.3.8, you may be just a tiny bit outdated.... o_O
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    it's never showed an update available. I'm looking right now in the Webos Internals feed and the Webos Internals Testing feed and it doesn't show up?? Am I looking in the right place?
    it's never showed an update available. I'm looking right now in the Webos Internals feed and the Webos Internals Testing feed and it doesn't show up?? Am I looking in the right place?
    Maybe here?
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    Thanks, I had to find it with webos quickinstall maybe my preware is jacked up, something is just not right. I save the rio history, then uninstalled rio, and then reinstalled rio. it's still not working. Now I'm uninstalling uberkernal and reinstalling as suggested in an earlier post. Fingers are crossed, but thanks to you I have the game history saved.
    Thanks, I had to find it with webos quickinstall maybe my preware is jacked up, something is just not right. I save the rio history, then uninstalled rio, and then reinstalled rio. it's still not working. Now I'm uninstalling uberkernal and reinstalling as suggested in an earlier post. Fingers are crossed, but thanks to you I have the game history saved.
    No love on the Uberkernal uninstall/reinstall. Now I'm trying Webos Repair Utility.
    No love on the Uberkernal uninstall/reinstall. Now I'm trying Webos Repair Utility.
    So it looks like my game history file is corrupt and the game will not load if I restore it using save/restore.

Is it possible to get a save/restore file from another user and put in on my game so I don't have to play all the levels over again to unlock them? If so Anyone want to share there saved game history for Rio with all of the levels won but maybe not all @ 3 stars

So sad my victories are gone, wish I had known my save/restore app was so out dated.
    Last edited by housetube; 04/14/2011 at 09:01 PM.
    what's the diffrence between angry birds rio free and the paid angry birds ? Same question I have with normal angry birds
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    what's the diffrence between angry birds rio free and the paid angry birds ? Same question I have with normal angry birds
    The free version of the original Angry Birds is 15 or 20 levels, and the paid is over 200. I'd venture a guess that it's roughly the same with Rio, although I think Rio only has 2 out of 6 stages of levels complete. The other 4 stages are due to come out as updates to those that paid for it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    The free version of the original Angry Birds is 15 or 20 levels, and the paid is over 200. I'd venture a guess that it's roughly the same with Rio, although I think Rio only has 2 out of 6 stages of levels complete. The other 4 stages are due to come out as updates to those that paid for it.
    So does anyone know what happened to the May update?
    ^

Wondering the same thing!
    Last time I tweeted them, I got no response. Previously they had said they were still working on the update.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post
    So does anyone know what happened to the May update?
    This:
    Angry Birds for Pre and Pixi not likely to get updates anytime soon|PreCentral.net
    If you have a Palm Pre, Pre Plus or Pixi you won't ever see an update. I received an e-mail from Rovio yesterday, after waiting over three weeks for a response:

[Rovio Mobile Ltd] Re: : If it is true there will be no more updates for any of the Angry Birds on my Palm Pre Plus ...‏

6/23/11
    Reply ▼

Rovio Support

To Steve H
    Ticket #29584: : If it is true there will be no more updates for any of the ...

Your request (#29584) has been updated.

To review the status of the request and add additional comments, follow the link below:

You can also add a comment by replying to this email.

Rovio Support, Jun-23 16:23 (EEST):

Hello,

and thank you for your patience in waiting for an answer from us.

We have been investigating performance issues on Palm devices for a long time now. Palm Pre and Pre Plus have some severe firmware issues which prevent latest versions of Angry Birds running properly. Unfortunately Palm has decided not to support them with firmware updates anymore.

We are working very hard to solve those issues but unfortunately can not guarantee Angry Birds games to work perfectly on those devices.

The good thing is that when Palm is starting to roll out new devices, we will be able to support them all.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Sami
    Angry Birds Team

Steve H, Jun-01 00:14 (EEST):

: If it is true there will be no more updates for any of the Angry Birds on my Palm Pre Plus then I would like a refund please.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

Nice to know!! Especially since they already have my $1.99. The game played fine on my Pre Plus, the two levels I have anyway; I just won't be getting the updates the rest of the world will. Because I bought a Palm! I hope HP/Palm/Rovio enjoyed spending my $1.99, they will never get another penny of my money. I wouldn't have bought ABR if I'd known I was only going to get two levels! My contract is up next month and this faithful Palm user (since Treo 600) is buying an iPhone. I'm thinking, "Class action lawsuit." Who's with me?
    Uhmmm I don't believe you are guaranteed lifetime updates with your purchase of 1.99

Buy a newer device, you still own the content and you will have support. Just curious you firing up a class action suit against microsoft for all the versions of windows they no longer support?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...