Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I seen these two apps on an android phone and was just wondering, what are the odds of application like these made available on the Palm Pre.
    +1! bump is very cool!
    You can go to bu.mp (<-- that's the full URL) and ask for a WebOS version. I did a while back.

But, push to talk? OP obviously would not agree, but I will never want my phone to be a walkie-talkie.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    You can go to bu.mp (<-- that's the full URL) and ask for a WebOS version. I did a while back.

But, push to talk? OP obviously would not agree, but I will never want my phone to be a walkie-talkie.
    LMAO! That's exactly what I think every time I see someone post about wanting that feature........Hmmmm...I can go to any general merchandise store and buy a set of Walkie Talkies for $10 to $20, I don't need to get a $500 phone!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    That sounds like a lot of math being used to exchange a little information:

"Our CTO has a PhD in Quantum Mechanics and can show the math behind that"
    I emailed about the Bump app and they do not have any plans, at this time, to port it to WebOS. Got a response from someone right away.

She told me it is available for iPhones and Android phones and they are looking into some others and they will gladly let me know if they ever do decide to release it for WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    LMAO! That's exactly what I think every time I see someone post about wanting that feature........Hmmmm...I can go to any general merchandise store and buy a set of Walkie Talkies for $10 to $20, I don't need to get a $500 phone!

I don't see why there are 500 calculator, tip, and other apps that do conversions and simple computations when I can just buy a 1 dollar calculator to do the same thing.

It's just an app. I could use it if it worked on wifi. Nice way to talk to my kids when we're in the Bahamas. The entire resort has wifi enabled. Sadly, I use ipods and wifi sms apps to communicate @ times when they drift from the dock.

Of all the hundreds of thousands of apps out there, I'm sure they are all totally useful, but not a walkie talkie, right?
    oh, and from the sounds of it, you have definitely not used those $50 walkietalkie before or you wouldn't be saying that. Those things are garbage until you start spending serious money.. (150+)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    oh, and from the sounds of it, you have definitely not used those $50 walkietalkie before or you wouldn't be saying that. Those things are garbage until you start spending serious money.. (150+)
    They don't make them to work at the range I would need to be able to communicate with anyone, with whom I actually would carry on a conversation. The nearest is over 100 miles from and we both have cell phones!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    They don't make them to work at the range I would need to be able to communicate with anyone, with whom I actually would carry on a conversation. The nearest is over 100 miles from and we both have cell phones!!!!
    You can conference call with the pre. But yes a PTT app would be useful to some people.
    I wrote bump an email hopefully we can get enough people to email them, so they have to pay attention to us. I would also like a PTT app hopefully one that is crossplatform with android. Just contacted TiKL the maker of the android PTT app via twitter. Hopefully we can get some results.
    Last edited by bullonparade85; 08/12/2010 at 04:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I emailed Bump Technologies and was given this answer:

Thanks for the email and the interest in Bump. Currently, Bump is only available on iPhone and Android devices, though we do plan to expand to other platforms in the future. Unfortunately, I can't say when that will happen or which platforms will be supported.