Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hi Brian

HP is - beside others - shutting down the beta apps feed in the next hours or days.
    The Homebrew feed will (to my knowledge) remain.

It is said, that international (geo-unlimited) access is coming to webOS 3.0.
    However, I have no information if older webOS version will have this access as well, and when that will happen.
    What-so-ever, at the moment, I still have no access to paid apps. And therefore still using the beta version of your apps.

But with the beta feed being cut off (from PreWare), I won't have access to your apps at all.

Could you please therefore move your beta versions to the homebrew feed?

Update:
    Just read in a posting, that there is a way to provide links to beta apps.
    Could you eventually put a link to the Noted! beta app into your 1st post?

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Last edited by rgloor; 06/08/2011 at 11:21 AM.
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post

But with the beta feed being cut off (from PreWare), I won't have access to your apps at all.

Could you please therefore move your beta versions to the homebrew feed?

Rolf
    Rolf,

The "beta feed" being cut off is HP's official developer beta feed. This is completely different than the PreCentral homebrew feeds, which should continue to function.

I can always host the .ipk's on my website at | Tiger Country Software - I haven't done so yet just because it's easier to get them from Preware.
    Will you be migrating Noted to WebOS 3.0 for the Touchpad?
  4.    #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbarcus View Post
    Will you be migrating Noted to WebOS 3.0 for the Touchpad?
    Glad you asked!

Yes, I am migrating Noted to the TouchPad.

However, for several reasons, it is a completely different app. And a new company name.

Look for pondNotes from smallPondapps - it's available in the app catalog. But it may still be a bit buggy as I've had no good way to test it except for my own account. Also see our new site: smallpondapps.com | smallpondapps

It was difficult to make the switch to a new appid for the TouchPad, because I knew it meant that users would have to repurchase the app for webOS 3.0. On the other hand, it is completely rewritten in enyo, so there's a lot of work that goes into it. I don't know yet what PreCentral plans to do for webOS 3.0 homebrew apps, but I will make the .ipk available either here or on the smallpondapps website for beta testing purposes (and same deal as before, feel free to use the beta as long as you like without having to purchase anything).

As for the reasons for a new app:

1) HP only last week made it possible to package a mojo app along with an enyo app, and at that point I'd already committed to the new app name, appid, company name, etc.

2) smallPondapps was chosen because I think it's a better name to create a "brand" than Tiger Country Software. Eventually everything will be migrated to smallPondapps.

[edit to add a screenshot]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by haeffb; 07/09/2011 at 11:40 PM.
  5.    #165  
    pondNotes | smallpondapps.com now has a link at the bottom of the page to download the current .ipk
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    So I just purchased pondNotes in the catalog (v0.1.0). However, it wouldn't complete a first sync. It basically hangs at " Retrieving 329 modified notes (I only have about 90 notes in Simplenote) from Simplenote" with the TP coming to a slow but sure halt (every other open apps becomes less and less responsive). Is there anything I can try?

Update: I manually installed pondNotes 0.1.1 (via Dropbox + Preware) on my TP. Again the sync seems to take forever. So I stopped it after 10 minutes or so. Strangely after I closed and opened pontNotes again all notes were there. When I tapped on sync it again takes forever again. So I closed and re-opened it (all notes were still present). I added a test note on the TP and started syncing. It also takes forever (I usually stop after 10 minutes)

I also tried Noted! (0.2.6) on my Pre- and it syncs just nicely to the same Simplenote account.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 07/03/2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    just bought both and they are both working great! Adiós Evernote, hello Simplenote! (also, hello to an easy accent over the O)!
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    So I just purchased pondNotes in the catalog (v0.1.0). However, it wouldn't complete a first sync. It basically hangs at " Retrieving 329 modified notes (I only have about 90 notes in Simplenote) from Simplenote" with the TP coming to a slow but sure halt (every other open apps becomes less and less responsive). Is there anything I can try?

Update: I manually installed pondNotes 0.1.1 (via Dropbox + Preware) on my TP. Again the sync seems to take forever. So I stopped it after 10 minutes or so. Strangely after I closed and opened pontNotes again all notes were there. When I tapped on sync it again takes forever again. So I closed and re-opened it (all notes were still present). I added a test note on the TP and started syncing. It also takes forever (I usually stop after 10 minutes)

I also tried Noted! (0.2.6) on my Pre- and it syncs just nicely to the same Simplenote account.
    There are some issue with the sync process that I haven't yet been able to resolve, related to the speed with which the TouchPad handles database and API transactions.

Someone else suggested that turning off the screen during the sync seems to speed it up, almost as though the TP is limiting the API/database calls to try to keep the rest of the device responsive -- although I haven't verified this myself you might give it a shot.

Also, if the sync says you have 329 notes, it's getting that number from Simplenote. Do you perhaps have notes in the Simplenote trash? If so, try emptying the trash first... How many notes did you get on intial sync to the Pre?

For comparison purposes, I have about 200 notes and my initial sync takes right at a minute, over 10Mbps wifi.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    There are some issue with the sync process that I haven't yet been able to resolve, related to the speed with which the TouchPad handles database and API transactions.

Someone else suggested that turning off the screen during the sync seems to speed it up, almost as though the TP is limiting the API/database calls to try to keep the rest of the device responsive -- although I haven't verified this myself you might give it a shot.

Also, if the sync says you have 329 notes, it's getting that number from Simplenote. Do you perhaps have notes in the Simplenote trash? If so, try emptying the trash first... How many notes did you get on intial sync to the Pre?

For comparison purposes, I have about 200 notes and my initial sync takes right at a minute, over 10Mbps wifi.
    I tried turning of the screen (hope exhibition mode counts too) but it doesn't make a difference for me. I also tried emptying the trash in Simplenote and again it doesn't make a difference. Syncing takes awefully long.

I don't remember the initial note count when I first synched to Noted! on my Pre. This was such al long time ago. But it was definitively less as most of the notes are taken with the Pre.
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I tried turning of the screen (hope exhibition mode counts too) but it doesn't make a difference for me. I also tried emptying the trash in Simplenote and again it doesn't make a difference. Syncing takes awefully long.

I don't remember the initial note count when I first synched to Noted! on my Pre. This was such al long time ago. But it was definitively less as most of the notes are taken with the Pre.
    At this point, all I can say is that I'm still working on trying to smooth out the sync. You could try letting the sync run overnight to see if it ever finishes. Once the initial sync is done, subsequent syncs only transfer changes, so they should be much faster.
  11.    #171  
    Just uploaded Noted beta v0.2.7 - small bugfix for loading notes with certain formatting. None of the new pondNotes goodies just yet. But, hey, at least it syncs!
    can't find noted! in german-catalog with pre3. Do we get it soon?
    prego
    Quote Originally Posted by prego View Post
    I second that!

haeffb, any planned release for this? Not crazy urgent for me as the beta version in preware seems bug-free but still, would be good to know

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prego View Post
    Noted! isn't currently available in the US app catalog either on my AT&T Pre 3. Done! is available and works great.

Edit: The v.0.2.7 beta is working fine on my Pre 3.
    Last edited by Yellowhammer; 10/09/2011 at 10:47 AM.
  15.    #175  
    I submitted Noted to HP for the Pre3, but it was rejected - they said the sync didn't work. Trying to get more details. Works fine here.
    My entire brain is in my Noted! bought a pre 3 and now I can't work LOL Please don't give up! It's a great app!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    Noted! isn't currently available in the US app catalog either on my AT&T Pre 3. Done! is available and works great.

Edit: The v.0.2.7 beta is working fine on my Pre 3.
    I have a stock pre 3 can I get the beta or do I have to do the preware to get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by techyforyou View Post
    I have a stock pre 3 can I get the beta or do I have to do the preware to get it?
    You need Preware to get the beta. I'm like you - too much info in Simplenote to do without it for long.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    I submitted Noted to HP for the Pre3, but it was rejected - they said the sync didn't work. Trying to get more details. Works fine here.
    Hi Brian

Have you included the (one line) fix to utilize the lower portion of the screen* from the Pre3?

*this else black band at the bottom of the screen?
    v 0.2.7 still shows the (unused) black band on the bottom.

Thanks for your great work.

Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Hi Brian

I searched around and found the fix. A simple one-line-fix, to adjust the app to the Pre 3 full screen.
    A fix actually everybody could do himself!*
    I have modified my installed version of Noted! (Beta) with Internalz Pro and it works like a charm!

Here is the fix:

1.) With an editor like Internalz Pro go to the root folder of the app.
    For the beta version it is:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tiger.beta.noted

2.) Search for the index.html file and open it .

3.) Go the the initial <html> tag (pretty much at the top).

4.) Insert a new line right below the <html> tag and then add that tag below:

Code:
    <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>
    It will then look something like that:
    Code:
    <html>
    <meta name='viewport' content='height=device-height'>
    <head>

5.)
    Save the modified file and exit

-> No rocket science, so anybody who wants it, can do it themselves.

Brian, could you please add the fix to Noted! (and Noted! Beta) as well, so all users could benefit from it?
    Thanks in advance for applying the fix and your great work.

Greetings,
    Rolf
    Last edited by rgloor; 02/21/2012 at 01:46 PM.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast