Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I am having problems syncing my notes. It has been hanging most of the time on a note that has numbers in it that look like a phone number, although it isn't. I have deleted and re-installed Noted! many times but nothing seems to work. Any idea what the problem is?
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I am having problems syncing my notes. It has been hanging most of the time on a note that has numbers in it that look like a phone number, although it isn't. I have deleted and re-installed Noted! many times but nothing seems to work. Any idea what the problem is?
    I've used Noted since it came out & not run into this. The only issue I've had is w/my work wifi a (can't use it for this sync).

If you delete the numbers in that entry (or the entire entry) does it work? Just to confim that is the problem.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    thanks a lot for the fast fix! very much appreciated,

IchWeissNix aka DrB1ne
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by retirecom View Post
    I've used Noted since it came out & not run into this. The only issue I've had is w/my work wifi a (can't use it for this sync).

If you delete the numbers in that entry (or the entire entry) does it work? Just to confim that is the problem.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Yes, if I delete that note my other notes sync fine. This one in particular is the problem. If I add it from my phone it deletes it right away (see attachments) if I add it from Simplenote it hangs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Yes, if I delete that note my other notes sync fine. This one in particular is the problem. If I add it from my phone it deletes it right away (see attachments) if I add it from Simplenote it hangs.
    Here's a picture of it hanging. And the format is:

SSN
    (My wife's name) XXX-XX-XXXX
    (My son's name) XXX-XX-XXXX

Settings
    Show preview - No
    Show tags - Yes
    Allow landscape - Yes
    Color - White
    Local wins on conflict - Yes
    Sync at launch - Yes
    Sync at exit - Yes
    Auto-sync - No
    Sync only on wi-fi - No
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6.    #106  
    If you're sure that a particular note is causing the problem, please email me the note contents (tigercountrysoftware at gmail) so that I can do some testing. Thanks!

Edit: Well, if it's your SSN's, you probably don't want to do that. I'll try some things to see if I can reproduce the problem here...

Also, can you please confirm that the problem still exists in 0.1.13?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post

Also, can you please confirm that the problem still exists in 0.1.13?
    Yes, it is happening on 0.1.13. Thanks for looking into this.
  8.    #108  
    Yes, it is happening on 0.1.13. Thanks for looking into this.
    I have not been able to reproduce he problem. Is there any other information about the note that you can share?
    Is anyone having problems with syncing notes edited on Pixi with SimpleNote? I am using the 0.1.13.
    Notes edited on my Pixi are not syncing over to SimpleNote (even when I have not edited it in SimpleNote, i.e. no conflict). If try again later, the note from SimpleNote override Noted! (again, even when the latest change was made in Noted!).

If I change the setting in Noted! to have "local wins in conflicts", the sync hangs and does not complete.

Thanks for any insight.
    I'm having the same override problem as petdr. I'm on a Pre+ with 0.1.13. The basic version from the App Store does not have issues, and I don't believe 0.1.12 did, either. Do you think you could fix this?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I have the same issue with 0.1.13.

What ever I do on Noted!, it does revert it at the next synchronization.
    New notes disappear, modifications are reverted, deleted notes return.

So it actually downgrades Noted! to a pure mobile viewer.

A fix will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by rgloor; 02/16/2011 at 02:48 AM.
  12.    #112  
    Sorry, folks. I'll try take a look at it tomorrow evening, but may not get to it until Thursday.
  13.    #113  
    Well...I can't reproduce the issue. I'm creating, editing, syncing notes just fine.

For those of you with problems with 0.1.13, please delete and reinstall and let me know if it is still broken.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    I have the same issue with 0.1.13.
    What ever I do on Noted!, it does revert it at the next synchronization.
    New notes disappear, modifications are reverted, deleted notes return.
    I experienced the same problem with 0.1.13. But since I removed it and then installed it again syncing works fine for me.

However, I do have different issue with 0.1.13: When I enter a new note and enter a new tag (e.g. Test) the note arriving in Simplenote after the sync actually has 4 tags, namely "t", "e", "s", and "t". I noticed this after all of a sudden the number of tags in Simplenote exploded. I hope this can be fixed.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    However, I do have different issue with 0.1.13: When I enter a new note and enter a new tag (e.g. Test) the note arriving in Simplenote after the sync actually has 4 tags, namely "t", "e", "s", and "t". I noticed this after all of a sudden the number of tags in Simplenote exploded. I hope this can be fixed.
    Ok, that is strange. I'm seeing the same thing now, but haven't changed anything in Noted related to syncing or tags.

Maybe there's a bug in Simplenote's API? I've left a message on their developer forum to see what's up.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Well...I can't reproduce the issue. I'm creating, editing, syncing notes just fine.

For those of you with problems with 0.1.13, please delete and reinstall and let me know if it is still broken.
    Hi Brian

Sorry for not mentioning in my previous posting. But I have in fact deleted and re-installed Noted!
    But got still the same results.
    I even went as far as to completely erase my device, create a new profile and newly install the (few needed) apps from scratch
    However, still having experienced the issue with Noted!

After the posting from STBXXL...
    I experienced the same problem with 0.1.13. But since I removed it and then installed it again syncing works fine for me.
    ...where he indicates his success, I just have again deleted the app. I even went into the .app-storage folder and deleted the ....tigers.beta.noted_0 folder. (Which was still there after the app was deleted.)

Then re-installed Noted! and tested:
    Still the same results!

Here some additional infos:
    - European Palm Pre Plus (QWERTZ)|(Modell: P101UEU)|(Hardwareversion A)
    - webOS 1.4.5 (build 222)
    - Don't have a data plan -> only use WiFi (preference: WiFi only)

For my test - I created (1) new note on the device, nothing touched on the web - here are the Sync messages:

Code:
    Starting Sync Process Sending Modified Notes to Web: 0 notes Sending New Notes to Web: 1 notes Retrieved Notes Index: 0 notes Getting Web Modified Notes: 0 notes Deleting Notes from Web: 1 notes Finishing Syncing!
    It looks as it copies the new note to the web but then goes on an deletes it again.

Hope that helps to track down the bug and fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Rolf
    Last edited by rgloor; 02/18/2011 at 07:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Well I have to take this back. Yesterday evening I entered a somewhat long note into Noted Beta 0.1.13 and after I hit the sync button it disappeared. There was also no copy on SimpleNote. I hope this can be fixed.
    I know that Simplenote recently upgraded to 2.0, but since I rarely use the web interface, I don't remember what was changed. I've been using the basic paid/supported version of Noted from the App Catalog since the bug with .13, and it works just fine.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddencharms View Post
    I know that Simplenote recently upgraded to 2.0, but since I rarely use the web interface, I don't remember what was changed. I've been using the basic paid/supported version of Noted from the App Catalog since the bug with .13, and it works just fine.
    Good for you!

I wished I could do that too.
    However, from Switzerland I do not have access to paid apps catalog.

Rolf
  20.    #120  
    I'm still not able to reproduce a syncing issue. I have the tags issue resolved in 0.1.15, which I've just uploaded.

If you're still having sync problems in 0.1.15, are you using tags? If so, what is the note content and tags that result in the problem?

Thanks!