Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #81  
    Noted! | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

The link there takes me to some third-party site. Don't know what, but something's wrong with Precentral.

I don't have the .ipk hosted elsewhere. Hopefully they can get Precentral fixed, because currently I can't change Noted! or submit an update.
    If you are interested, you can email me the IPK and I an host it at my site (HBConcepts) along my app (CryptoNotes) and remove it when PreCentral fixes the problem. PM me for my e-mail.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Noted! | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

The link there takes me to some third-party site. Don't know what, but something's wrong with Precentral.

I don't have the .ipk hosted elsewhere. Hopefully they can get Precentral fixed, because currently I can't change Noted! or submit an update.
    The link you are posting just works fine for me, brings me to the Noted! page where I can download.
    The PreCentral feed is back in Preware and I was able to install Noted! Beta on my Pre2 and sync. I'll use the beta for now.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Hi Brian,

Is there a more recent version than 1.0 in the app catalog? I'd like to try using Noted again but that version didn't use tags.....
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    Hi Brian,

Is there a more recent version than 1.0 in the app catalog? I'd like to try using Noted again but that version didn't use tags.....
    No. The catalog version is still 0.1 and does not support tags. Still working on the updates to allow tags and other Simplenote 2.0 API features.
  7.    #87  
    Version 0.1.7 uploaded

Adds support for tags in notes and a new tag filter for the notes list.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.7 uploaded

Wow! Super!

Just what I missed most so far.

Thanks a lot.

Rolf
  9.    #89  
    I just re-uploaded 0.1.7 with a bug fix and slightly improved header layout.

Rolf - I think you're the only person who downloaded the first 0.1.7, so you may want to delete and re-install.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I just re-uploaded 0.1.7 with a bug fix and slightly improved header layout.

Rolf - I think you're the only person who downloaded the first 0.1.7, so you may want to delete and re-install.
    Hi Brian
    No. Haven't installed yet. (Tried, but was not yet showing in Preware. )
    Just read in on the Forum and was excited.

Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.7 uploaded

Hi Brian

Installed it as soon as available.

It looks as it does not support multiple tags.
    So beside the available single tags, it creates all variations of used multiple tag combinations as new tags.

Would it be too difficult, to implement something similar to ResophNotes has?
    They have the tags better implemented than simplenote themself.

Ideally, a pulldown with checkboxes for the tags. So one could filter from several tags. And an ALL tags box.
    (Or at least as ResophNotes has it, that one could select 1 individual tag for filtering. But not multi-tag-combinations.)

For notes creation, it would be helpful as well, if one could select from existing ones, rather than retyping them (risk of mistyping), or if desired, create a new tag.

Thanks for your great work and for considering this.

Greetings,
    Rolf
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post

It looks as it does not support multiple tags.
    So beside the available single tags, it creates all variations of used multiple tag combinations as new tags.
    Yes, I need to do some more work to separate out the tag combinations and create a list of unique tags.

Would it be too difficult, to implement something similar to ResophNotes has?
    They have the tags better implemented than simplenote themself.
    I haven't used ResophNotes, but will take a look.

Ideally, a pulldown with checkboxes for the tags. So one could filter from several tags. And an ALL tags box.
    (Or at least as ResophNotes has it, that one could select 1 individual tag for filtering. But not multi-tag-combinations.)
    I thought about a list with checkboxes, but felt this approach was a more efficient UI. How often do you need to multi-select tags to find your notes?

For notes creation, it would be helpful as well, if one could select from existing ones, rather than retyping them (risk of mistyping), or if desired, create a new tag.
    Yes, that would be helpful, but it's not easy to do with webOS widgets. I have a few thoughts on how to improve tag entry, but want to get something simpler working first.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Yes, I need to do some more work to separate out the tag combinations and create a list of unique tags.
    Yes. That would really be helpfull.
    This is the most important issue. (Must have.)

I haven't used ResophNotes, but will take a look.
    Great. This is not perfect, but very well done.

I thought about a list with checkboxes, but felt this approach was a more efficient UI. How often do you need to multi-select tags to find your notes?
    You are right. Assigning multiple tags is much, much more important, than filtering by multiple tags.
    Assigning: Must have
    Filtering: Nice to have (low priority)

Yes, that would be helpful, but it's not easy to do with webOS widgets. I have a few thoughts on how to improve tag entry, but want to get something simpler working first.
    If there is reasonable way, that would be great.
    Because, especially on a small device, entering data is not always comfortable. And mistakes come in easy.
    Also you do not always remember if you wrote a tag all small caps, started with a big letter or wrote it all caps.

Possible solution?
    One way could be, proposing tags (autocomplete - with neglecting small or capital letter of first letter) which are already in the database.
    So one could press enter if the desired tag is shown or else continue typing.
    Just an idea.

And thanks for your great app.

It's getting better and better.

Greetings,
    Rolf

PS: Sorry for the delayed response. I had a major computer crash. Trying to setup again failed over and over. (MS Windows and hardware drivers....!!!)
    So I am on Linux now. With a VirtualBox installed, where I can run Windows left over apps, which I need and are not available under Linux.
    Works fine so far.
  14.    #94  
    Version 0.1.9 uploaded.

Splits the tag filters out into individual tags.
    Last edited by haeffb; 02/01/2011 at 05:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Version 0.1.9 uploaded.

Splits the tag filters out into individual tags.
    Just downloaded it and gave it a test run. ........

Wow! SUPER!!
    Works like a charme!
    Exactly what was missing. Now, this tool is incredible good!

Brian, thanks a lot. You are just awesome!
  16.    #96  
    Version 0.1.11 fixes a bug that would delete a note entered on device when synced. Adds display of tags for each on the notes list. Will likely make this an option in preferences.
    @haeffb Thx for your efforts, Brian. Much appreciated!
    Maybe I did get you wrong but unfortunately I don´t get my tags displayed when looking at my complete list of entries (Sorting: left - all tags // right: modified).
    It case I got you wrong I´d highly appreciate if you were able to add such a feature ´cause imho it´s absolutely convenient to see the tags of your entries at a glance.

In terms of space this should be no problem. The only odd thing seems to happen with one of my entries. This one has two tags namely "Dissertation" and "Uni". If I choose to display the first one something is odd. If I take the second one, everything´s fine. I´ll send you a screenie.

Thx, Toby

edit: I didn´t sync properly. All tags are being displayed now where they should be
    Last edited by tklr; 02/03/2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: my bad...
    moin,

upcoming with the latest beta I've got a problem with special characters:
    eg. an entry "me & you" ends up as "me =& you". Prior versions didn't show this problem.

A part from that a very clear, useful and efficient app which I don't want to miss!

Thanks! IchWeissNix
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Adds display of tags for each on the notes list. Will likely make this an option in preferences.
    Great. That really is a great. It is really handy and helpful.

Thanks a lot, you are my hero.
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by IchWeissNix View Post
    moin,

upcoming with the latest beta I've got a problem with special characters:
    eg. an entry "me & you" ends up as "me =& you". Prior versions didn't show this problem.

A part from that a very clear, useful and efficient app which I don't want to miss!

Thanks! IchWeissNix
    Fixed in v 0.1.13 which should be available shortly. Also adds the preference for displaying tags for each note in the notes list.