Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    @all

Concerning the previous question about changes at simplenote here are a few lines I received today.

We listened, and we're launching a big new version of Simplenote very soon.

Part of this new version includes a redesigned web app. We'd love for you to be the first to check it out. In addition to a new interface that is much easier to use, you'll notice several new features, including:

---
    TAGS: You can tag notes to help you organize them.

TRASH: A special "trash" tag collects your deleted notes. (The "empty" button doesn't work yet).

PINS: You can pin important notes to the top of your list.

VERSIONS: You can go back in time to see previous versions of your notes. As premium subscribers, you can go further back in time than free users (currently 30 versions).

Cheers, T.
    @all (Mac-Users)

Just wanted to share an article with you I recently came across.
    Over at TUAW they were talking about a nice way how to download files to your mac using simplenote and "MobileDL".

Cheers, T.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    any ETA on the app version of Noted! ?
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    any ETA on the app version of Noted! ?
    Submitted to Palm last week. I expect it soon...maybe tomorrow...?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Hoo Rah!
  6.    #46  
    it's been published, should show up in the catalog soon...
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Bought it, thanks!

Of course I have a request for next update: would it be possible to add option just to see the title the note without the second line?
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    Bought it, thanks!

Of course I have a request for next update: would it be possible to add option just to see the title the note without the second line?
    I think that would be possible....
  9.    #49  
    Version 0.1.1 uploaded.

Equivalent to app catalog version plus preference for showing the preview(second) line in the notes list.
    does this version has USCL implemented? thanks
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    does this version has USCL implemented? thanks
    No, it does not. I'm not even sure what it takes to has USCL implemented. I don't think it would be difficult on my end, but have no idea on the other end.
    moin,

I use the payed version: if I make a note e.g. like this:

08.09./09.09.2010: adfadfdsf

the date string in the note overview is shown as a link. Tapping on it the telephon app starts up in order to dial .

Regards, IchWeissNix
    Bought it and replaced the Evernote app for text notes. With Done! and Noted!, I now have fully synchronized PIM functionality on the Pre. Awesome, and thanks!

One request: tags!

Buy this app people and leave a review if you like it. It rocks.
    Last edited by Yellowhammer; 08/29/2010 at 04:58 PM.
    @all

If you're not familiar with Simplenote, check out this Lifehacker overview:

The Holy Grail of Ubiquitous Plain-Text Capture
    Love Noted! Gives me back a big chunk of the functionality I loved about my Palm PDAs. Thanks, haeffb!

I did run into an issue today but was able to resolve it by deleting and reinstalling the app (which I did once I saw there wasn't an update available). The app couldn't see the account. I don't recall the exact error message, but it wasn't related to the username or password. I lost a few minor note edits, but it re-enforces to me the importance of syncing often, esp right after edits to make sure any changes are synced.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    @all

If you're not familiar with Simplenote, check out this Lifehacker overview:

The Holy Grail of Ubiquitous Plain-Text Capture
    I like and use both Notes (Google Docs) and Noted! (Simplenote). I use Notes for my rich text formatted notes, and Noted! for my just plain text notes. It gets confusing at times which one to go to...but they both have enough advantages to use each of them! I love the Simplenote integration on my iPad so that I can manage and view all my notes on any device or web browser (same can be said for Notes too with Google Docs).

I also use Shopping Manager for my shopping lists and gift ideas lists (this syncs to Google Docs). For my gift ideas list database, I create a separate category for each person. It's very cool once you learn how it all works. I can easily update this list in Google Docs and have it sync back to Shopping Manager.

And of course Done! for my to do lists...which also works great on the iPad when you buy the ToodleDo app.

Oh...and I can't forget about Scratchpad! I use this to input anything going on in my head that needs to get processed later into one of the above apps (how I do GTD...).

It's funny how many apps I now use compared to the Palm days of having just Tasks and Memos...
    Had the error again today but figured out the problem.

It is my work's public wifi that makes it unhappy. When I turn off wifi, (I make sure to do it with the app closed) I can sync w/o a problem.

I have the same issue with Preware - can't use my work wifi for it, either.

Posting to help anyone else who experiences this issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Noted! will follow whatever Simplenote does. They have said they are considering adding categories, but I have no idea if they will and/or a timeframe.
    Hi Brian

Just installed Noted!
    Thanks for this great, simple app!
    And thanks to Eric's How-To here, I finally found a possibility to get my old Palm memos into my Pre+ and sync with the cloud.

In order to organize my load of notes, I converted my categories (from PalmOS) to the tags in SimpleNote. I also used the possibility to add multiple tags to one note.

Are you working on an implementation of tags?

I really like the way ResophNotes has implemented the tags. Which presently is better done that in SimpleNote itself.
    In ResophNotes, you can very easily select from a list of existing tags (and simply add new tags when required).

While in SimpleNote you have to re-type already existing tags. Which of course has the high risks of 'duplicating' tags due to typos, singular-plural variations, etc.!

It would be nice and very helpful if you could implement tags similar as ResophNotes.
    And also provide filtering by tags through a new filter button on the lefthand side. And keep the sorting (button) on the righthand side.

Thanks in advance for implementing it. ;-)

And of course, thank you very much for your great work.

Greetings from Switzerland,
    Rolf
    Last edited by rgloor; 10/21/2010 at 12:54 PM.
  19.    #59  
    Tag support is coming sometime. May be some time before I can get to it, though.

And first, I have to figure out how to update the database with new fields without losing all your existing data...
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Tag support is coming sometime. May be some time before I can get to it, though.
    Great. Let's hope that you find soon some time and that the fix is easy done.

And first, I have to figure out how to update the database with new fields without losing all your existing data...
    In case this is difficult, there could be a work around:

Are there many people using Noted! as stand-alone (without synching to SimpleNote)?

Else, it could be "easy".
    a) Sync before update (SimpleNote = up-to-date)
    b) uninstall old version of Noted!
    c) install new version of Noted!
    d) sync again (= load data from SimpleNote to Noted!)

Greetings,
    Rolf
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast