View Poll Results: Would you purchase an ad-free version of RadioTime?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

42 60.00%
  • No.

28 40.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Hello WebOSers,

I'm just gauging interest here with a little poll. I'm thinking about creating a RadioTime Pro version of the application with a one time charge that will be ad-free. I've had several requests from people to make one but before getting it out the door, I want to get a better feeling for how many people are interested in it.

So, basic question. Would you purchase an ad-free version of RadioTime?

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    I would to support what you have done the ads really don't bother me.
    I would pay for your app, I think I did already, or was it free? LOL!

But the ads are not that intrusive but I would pay, but in the end suspect that you could not be financially stable without some ads.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

In all honesty, the ads really don't bother me since they are pretty unobtrusive. You will never make everyone happy, so go the route that puts more income in your hands as the dev. If you only offered a pay version, I'd most likely end up buying that from you too. I love the app
    didn't I already pay for radio time app? Pretty sure I paid for it... I use it all the time...
    You might ask your users, how many of them block your ads. Yes there's a patch that updates the Pre's hosts file to redirect ad server urls to 127.0.0.1.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'd pay for an ad-free version. Great app.
    I don't really pay attention to the ads, but would purchase a "Pro" version in support!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I would to support what you have done the ads really don't bother me.
    +1
    I have to be honest, as long as there is a free version available, I probably wouldn't pay for a version that the only difference was the ads.

Now if there were other new features available - such as the ability to record streaming radio - then I would purchase the version with more features.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    zcorder gives that option now
    I know... but that means two apps have to be involved. I would love to have the ability to "one tap" start recording from the same app that's streaming the radio...

Though to be honest, I wasn't really throwing that out as a serious feature request, just an example. With an app like Radio Time that already does so much, you have to stretch to think of things that could be added. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Only if it can connect to my Siruis internet Radio.
    yeah, I would pay for the app although I barely notice the ads.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    yes, and I'll buy ads free Radio Time app. I can't wait.
    only if its gona support my radio stations, like bbc radio 1
    I would purchase a "Pro" edition to support your programming efforts - the ads are of no consequence to me; I never see them because the device is holstered in an armband pouch while I'm walking.
    Vegas89134
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    For all of you saying that you don't notice the ads, that's actually part of the problem. There are only so many CPM ads available. CPM ads are just "show it and get paid" ads. Advertisers aren't really looking for CPM ads on WebOS because of the limited market compared to Android and iOS. So, in order to generate revenue, ads need to be clicked. That's one reason why in the latest version, I implemented the in-app ad opening that prevents the program from being minimized and opening up a new browser card. Ads can be dismissed by just hitting the Close button.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_dov View Post
    only if its gona support my radio stations, like bbc radio 1
    BBC Radio 1 streams in Windows Media Audio which is not supported by WebOS at all. You'd have to take that up with HP/Palm.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrykel View Post
    Only if it can connect to my Siruis internet Radio.
    We're RadioTime...not Sirius/XM. We have no authorization or license to list Sirius/XM streams and if memory serves me correct (from their old widget I disassembled a few years back), these streams are in Windows Media Audio which is not supported by WebOS.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast