View Poll Results: Would you purchase an ad-free version of RadioTime?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    42 60.00%
  • No.

    28 40.00%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83
  1. #61  
    I would pay for it but only if when I start the app, it go straight into my last played station.

    For example if I could use the app mode switcher and set a mode to open radiotime and it starts playing music right away.
  2. #62  
    After listening today i think i would def pay depending on the price. i was listening to a local station today on my motorcycle and was looking forward to a particular morning segment and when it came on i missed almost all of it due to the ads.
  3. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    After listening today i think i would def pay depending on the price. i was listening to a local station today on my motorcycle and was looking forward to a particular morning segment and when it came on i missed almost all of it due to the ads.
    There are no audio ads in the application itself. If you hear audio ads, those are ads that are inserted directly by the stations themselves. We have no control over how a station wants to monetize their online stream.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  4. #64  
    Hey Doc.

    I have been trying to help by "clicking" ads. All that happens is a white 'shade' comes up from the bottom and nothing more.


    I am willing to help you folks get some click-through credit. But, I am unsure if it is working.
  5. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Hey Doc.

    I have been trying to help by "clicking" ads. All that happens is a white 'shade' comes up from the bottom and nothing more.


    I am willing to help you folks get some click-through credit. But, I am unsure if it is working.
    It's definitely working, but sometimes there is just a limit as to how many ads can be clicked. After that, they stop service once an ad's limit has been reached (i.e. the advertiser is out of funds).

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  6. #66  
    Any possibility in the future of a (C coded, I guess) WMA decoder PDK plugin (and therefore hybrid app)? I know I'd definitely pay a few bucks for a version that would let me listen to WMA streams, as my favorite station is WMA.
  7. jckatz's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #67  
    DocLee, I am listening to the Chicago Bears pre-game, while playing poker online.

    Is it better for you guys if I:
    a) use my WEBOS app
    b) try to find it on your website (didn't have any luck)
    c) stream it directly from the NFL's webpage.
  8. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Any possibility in the future of a (C coded, I guess) WMA decoder PDK plugin (and therefore hybrid app)? I know I'd definitely pay a few bucks for a version that would let me listen to WMA streams, as my favorite station is WMA.
    The PDK doesn't work that way. You can't just drop a WMA decoder into the system like that. In fact, right now, the PDK has less audio codec support than the SDK. Only mp3 and ogg are currently supported by the PDK.

    The solution is to wait for HP to invest in the WMA audio codec. I think it's going to be coming soon.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  9. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    DocLee, I am listening to the Chicago Bears pre-game, while playing poker online.

    Is it better for you guys if I:
    a) use my WEBOS app
    b) try to find it on your website (didn't have any luck)
    c) stream it directly from the NFL's webpage.
    From the WebOS or desktop would be good for us. If you were able to find the stream on the WebOS app, then it should also be on the website as well. Of course, sometimes streams get removed because of the blackouts.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  10. mapenn's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #70  
    Radio Time Rocks! I use it every day -- several hours a day. I would absolutely pay for a "pro" / ad-free version.

    I have noticed recently that the ads have become very adult in nature -- gay/lesbian themes & online dating services with racy images.

    To protect my kids and co-workers from seeing these images on my phone, I would definitely pay. And, unfortunately, if I can't find a way to get rid of them, I will find another app. I really hope you find a solution! Let us pay you!
  11. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    Radio Time Rocks! I use it every day -- several hours a day. I would absolutely pay for a "pro" / ad-free version.

    I have noticed recently that the ads have become very adult in nature -- gay/lesbian themes & online dating services with racy images.

    To protect my kids and co-workers from seeing these images on my phone, I would definitely pay. And, unfortunately, if I can't find a way to get rid of them, I will find another app. I really hope you find a solution! Let us pay you!
    Those are most likely coming from Quattro Wireless. Quattro Wireless just recently announced that they will only be doing iAds which are ads for the Iphone only. They are cleaning out their supply right now which tends to be bottom of the barrel stuff. We have an update coming in a few days that removes Quattro Wireless from our ad chain and that should take care of the problem.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  12. rrob13's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Those are most likely coming from Quattro Wireless. Quattro Wireless just recently announced that they will only be doing iAds which are ads for the Iphone only. They are cleaning out their supply right now which tends to be bottom of the barrel stuff. We have an update coming in a few days that removes Quattro Wireless from our ad chain and that should take care of the problem.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    That's great news, Doc. I have noticed the shift in ads that Mapenn mentioned, too. I'm glad it is likely to change in the future.

    I'm still all for a paid Pro version that would be ad-free, too. Are you leaning one way or another about making that app?

    Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
  13. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    That's great news, Doc. I have noticed the shift in ads that Mapenn mentioned, too. I'm glad it is likely to change in the future.

    I'm still all for a paid Pro version that would be ad-free, too. Are you leaning one way or another about making that app?

    Rob
    It's all a numbers game and I'm still running numbers. Ads are doing quite well right now so we'll see.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  14. mapenn's Avatar
    Posts
    161 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #74  
    Thanks for the response Doc! I appreciate the update and your understanding regarding the ads.
  15. rrob13's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    It's all a numbers game and I'm still running numbers. Ads are doing quite well right now so we'll see.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    That makes sense. I'm glad to hear that the ads are performing well for you.

    Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
  16. #76  
    Doc,

    I haven't noticed the "Alvin & the Chipmunks" effect lately on any of the streams I've listened to -- was that bug fixed with the most recent webOS update?
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  17. #77  
    I'm sorry to say ~ I've never use Radio Time. :[
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I'm sorry to say ~ I've never use Radio Time. :[
    It's a really cool app & I highly recommend it.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  19. #79  
    If you recommend it > then I'll try it. ^_^
  20. DocLee's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
       #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Doc,

    I haven't noticed the "Alvin & the Chipmunks" effect lately on any of the streams I've listened to -- was that bug fixed with the most recent webOS update?
    It definitely hasn't been fixed. We have it set to prefer mp3 streams for the app. Lots of streams have both mp3 and aac so if the mp3 stream goes down, then the aac stream will play. In those cases or when a station only has an aac stream, it'll go haywire.

    Doc

    RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions