View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the App or YouTube Mobile?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 27.78%
  • No

52 72.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Ok, I've been patient... but no more.

It is second half of of 2010 and I still have the same features that were available on my Treo 2 YEARS AGO.

I want to start a campaign to UPDATE THIS STUPID APP.

Cons about the App:
    -have you ever used its search feature, hardly a search and more like a feed from non-signed-in recommended listings.

-often times have to click on a vid multiple times before it actually loads

-3gp ... in 2010 ... buffer fail

Overall: FAIL .. wheres the love?

Does anyone have the scoop on when this app (or youtube mobile site) will be updated? I'm growing more impatient by the minute folks.
    Last edited by flea; 08/09/2010 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Ok, I've been patient... but no more.

It is second half of of 2010 and I still have the same features that were available on my Treo 2 YEARS AGO.

I want to start a campaign to 1) either update the YouTube Mobile site to support WebOS or 2) UPDATE THIS STUPID APP.

Cons about the App:
    -have you ever used its search feature, hardly a search and more like a feed from non-signed-in recommended listings.

-often times have to click on a vid multiple times before it actually loads

-3gp ... in 2010 ... buffer fail

-Login: yea right, i have to use YouTube Desktop version and see "UNSUPPORTED DEVICE" on every page... which is already difficult to read/navigate since the layout is for a Desktop

Overall: FAIL .. wheres the love?

Does anyone have the scoop on when this app (or youtube mobile site) will be updated? I'm growing more impatient by the minute folks.
    Have you tried m.youtube.com ?
    As the Op have stated: It is second half of of 2010 and I still have the same features that were available on my Treo 2 YEARS AGO. Personally, I want a better youtube app. This app seem useless, when it come to finding out things about the video your watching.

I don't want to have to type in anything, there should be a useful app for our phones.
    <poll edited for language>
    The built-in Youtube player is just the default WebOS media player. If you goto sites with Non-Flash videos, they open in the default player. The main problem I have with Youtube being opened by the default player, is that it takes so much time to buffer. It's easier to just download the video, watch it, then delete the video. There is a Youtube app in the App Store, but it also opens videos in the default WebOS media player. Palm might be working on a better way to view videos, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm actually surprised that no developer has taken the time to make a better all around media player. With my old PalmOS phones, I had a lot of players to choose from. Hopefully a new player comes out soon. I would gladly pay for a better media player. One that doesn't take several minutes to buffer, even the smallest of videos.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 08/09/2010 at 09:34 PM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

YouTube should be renamed YouTube Basic Viewer. Hate how you can't comment, can't search with time filter (day/week/month), no account login for favorites/subscriptions, etc... egh
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    YouTube should be renamed YouTube Basic Viewer. Hate how you can't comment, can't search with time filter (day/week/month), no account login for favorites/subscriptions, etc... egh
    The app YouTube Mini gives you some of these features. It's pathetic though, that the built-in Youtube player doesn't give us access to any other features. I understand why, but I wish Palm would make using Youtube easier.

I'm surprised people even used YouTube on their mobile phones to watch videos. I only used youtube once since I got my Pre about a year ago to watch/listen to a jon lajoie video on a party. Are you watching so many videos from the web when you're on the go? :?
    Quote Originally Posted by roar View Post
    I'm surprised people even used YouTube on their mobile phones to watch videos. I only used youtube once since I got my Pre about a year ago to watch/listen to a jon lajoie video on a party. Are you watching so many videos from the web when you're on the go? :?
    A lot of articles from my rss feeds and different websites use Youtube videos, so yes.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I use youtube daily. I login with the mobile site. M.youtube.com which allows me to save to and access my favorites., playlists and subscriptions, read and make comments. And it does a much better search than the player (it does the exact search the full site does). The only thing you can't do is check your inbox, which is no big deal for me because I get them sent to my gmail anyways.

I never type the url, I have the mobile site bookmarked and put a shortcut into my launcher. Same for the mobile versions of igoogle and the google reader (who needs an rss app when the google reader works great on on my phone?).
    Last edited by Ferenczy; 08/30/2010 at 05:49 AM.
    The youtube app should be updated to allow login, and higher quality videos..
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    The youtube app should be updated to allow login, and higher quality videos..
    I don't know if it's relevant, but some of the vids I watch are pretty decent quality. On the FunnyorDie mobile site (Will Farrel & Judd Apatow's - and others - comedy site) I always choose the high def version.
    would be nice to be able to save the clips...
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilainteractive View Post
    would be nice to be able to save the clips...
    There is a patch that lets you download videos if that is what you are inquiring. It is in Preware under the You Tube category. I don't remember the name but installed it a while ago

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Would be nice to be able to log into your Youtube account, view/edit favorites, read & post comments, etc. Better search also is needed.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Would be nice to be able to log into your Youtube account, view/edit favorites, read & post comments, etc. Better search also is needed.
    i think u said it all right there. those features right there would def make me content....
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    goto the YouTube html5 beta site on your pre and click join the beta. I did yesterday for the first time I guess. I really think the videos are buffering faster
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 11/20/2010 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    goto [url= YouTube html5 beta site[/url] on your pre and click join the beta. I did yesterday for the first time I guess. I really think the videos are buffering faster

The Palm Pre's browser isn't supported yet. How did you get the videos to work?

just go down to where it sais "join the beta" and click on it. Then you are in the html5 beta. You use the same youtube app to watch videos, but I'm getting much faster buffering.
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 11/21/2010 at 01:58 AM.
    I cant believe you'd even poll youtube mobile, its just an awful slow crappy app, the only thing that it has going for it is that it works most of the time eventually, but not what someone should expect from the palm pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast