View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the App or YouTube Mobile?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 27.78%
  • No

52 72.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    just go down to where it sais "join the beta" and click on it. Then you are in the html5 beta. You use the same youtube app to watch videos, but I'm getting much faster buffering.

So does Youtube log my IP address or place a cookie on my Pre? How does Youtube keep track of the fact that I want to be part of the Beta testing? Do I search for the videos through the HTML site and then open the videos with the default video player on my device? I would like to be part of the Beta, but I'm not sure how to use it.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    So does Youtube log my IP address or place a cookie on my Pre? How does Youtube keep track of the fact that I want to be part of the Beta testing? Do I search for the videos through the HTML site and then open the videos with the default video player on my device? I would like to be part of the Beta, but I'm not sure how to use it.
    Yeah, something like remembering your IP, but I don't know. You search for YouTube videos where ever you want, like in the YouTube app. You just join the test once and it'll remember until u want to get out of the test.
    Only YouTube videos that have been recoded in html5 will automatically play in that format, which are videos with more views than not. The only difference you'll be able to see is that it buffers faster.

This actually goes for all devices and computers, and everyone should turn this on on their computers, but especially mobile devices. I was testing this with an iPad I put on the html5 test, and one that wasn't, playing the same video at the same time on the same wifi network. The html5 YouTube video played smoothly, wile the other hung up several time waiting for it's flash video to load. This will make YouTube tolerable on a pre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12