webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Avatar Game Hints?

Old 08/09/2010, 01:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

I hope this hasn't been covered, and I'm just unable to find a thread...but I'm playing Avatar, and I've come to a place where I can't seem to figure out what to do. Sounds like a teachable moment doesn't it?

Well, I was wondering if someone out there could teach me what to do.

It is in Chapter 10. This is one of those chapters where you are hanging out in the tree...and different Na'vi keep coming up with new tasks for you to complete. I've done several of them, but now I've been given the task of stopping this convoy of 3 vehicles that are apparently carrying a bunch of captured Na'vi away. I can't seem to do anything to these vehicles. I stand in front of them and they push me away. I try jumping onto them and that doesn't work.

I try using my special 'Sprit of Enwya' power, and that doesn't seem to do it. So this convoy just keeps driving in a big figure 8-like loop over and over again, while I seem to be able to do nothing to it. Can someone give me a hint?

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2010, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hey...I'm still standing out there with those convoy vehicles driving over and through me...and since it's been about 3 months, I'm starting to get a little dejected.

Has anyone gotten past this level? Help me out...I'm getting all black and blue from getting run over...of course, I started out all blue...

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Old 11/16/2010, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm not entirely sure as I beat like a month after it came out, which was a while back, but I think you have to either attack the vehicle on the ground or climb on and attack it. Or try sniping it with an arrow, you might hit something or the driver or something.
ChickenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Rockbeast
Old 11/16/2010, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

I give it some more...I have tried to attack it from the ground, to shoot it with the gun, and I'm pretty sure I've tried to shoot it with the arrow. But I didn't focus on hitting something specific, like the driver. I'll try some more. I've tried to jump up on it and I just fall through it onto the ground inside of it and it drives on past me...kind of like I'm just a ghost. I wonder if I attack a specific vehicle? There are 3 of them I think. So far, I think I've focused on the first one.

Old 11/16/2010, 12:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've googled it and from what I could piece together, I think you're supposed to get on your horse and use your bow to attack the one leading the other 2 either on the front or the back of it until it breaks down and then you climb onto the back of em.
Old 11/17/2010, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the help guys, I was able to do it! Basically, I was able to jump onto the thing while it was moving...jumping up on the side and then the top. Once I was on the top, sky people came out and fought with me on the top of the moving vehicle. At some point, maybe from a lot of fighting, the vehicle stopped and I finished off the skypeople, then jumped to the ground and fought a group of skypeople at each of the other two vehicles. There was one more quest to fulfill after that, then the chapter was complete and I have moved onto the next chapter.

One thing that is puzzling to me, when I was performing the quests from Chapter 10, all based out of the Tree, when I was out and about, I could drag the view to look around and behind me. Now, in Chapter 11 (I think that is the one I'm in now), I can't tap and drag the screen to change my view. Is there some setting that I've messed with that will allow me to look around? Sometimes I need to jump or see where I will be going, but I can't change the view to 'peek' around the corner or over the edge.

Old 11/18/2010, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Is chapter 11 the tree quests also? I think you can only drag the screen when you're out in the open world doing tree quests, and not in regular levels.
Old 12/25/2012, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Great! Playing Avatar on my Palm Pre2 on Xmas 2012, and was stuck on this spot. Will try the jumping, and shooting from the horse...
Thanx
poehoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0