Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone else tried the Turbografx 16 DreamEngine Emulator? No one has reviewed the app so far, so I thought I would give a quick review. The emulator is a lot like the NesEm, but the screen settings are better. You can now set the screen to 1 of 3 Landscape modes; which I like. Or just leave the screen upright in Portrait mode. The Turbografx games do look better then the NES games, but there is only something like 95 Turbo games. Whereas the NES has almost 800 games. The games load just like they do in the NesEm, where they open in a second screen; which is what I prefer. The DreamEngine emulator keeps the (Save) progress feature, that can also be found in the NesEm emulator. Overall I think it is well worth the $3.99 price-tag. It just depends on if you are a fan of older video games.

Last edited by the2ndflood; 08/09/2010 at 03:37 PM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

is it in the catalog i love the turbografx 16 i even have an express.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by first_adam2k View Post
    You have to download it from: KalemSoft - Products

You can either download the emulator and install it using Quick-Install, or use Filecoaster to download the app using the download link: http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/..._0.1.0_all.ipk

The app might be in Preware, I haven't looked though.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 08/08/2010 at 06:55 PM.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by first_adam2k View Post
    I had the TurboExpress with the TV tuner and the TurboGrafx-CD add-on for the home console. First real gaming system I ever bought. Loved the flexibility of using the same game cards at home or on the road.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdavis113 View Post
    I had the TurboExpress with the TV tuner and the TurboGrafx-CD add-on for the home console. First real gaming system I ever bought. Loved the flexibility of using the same game cards at home or on the road.
    I never knew there were TurboGrafx 16 emulators until I found this one. I always thought the Turbo was one of those many lost gaming consoles that was unable to compete against Nintendo and Sega, because they lacked enough game titles. So it's cool that I can now play the games from that system on my phone. I can't wait for the Sega emulator to be ported over to the WebOS though. The Sega Master System was my very first advanced gaming system when I was a child. We had Sega before the Nintendo ever came out. So I really miss those games. Hopefully that will be out soon, but the Turbo emulator will keep me busy in the mean time. I am loving the game Bonk's Adventure, which if I remember correctly, was the TurboGrafx 16's marquee game.

I still have a TurboGrafx 16, and I still play Bonk's Adventure and (by far the best version of) Galaga on it! This is neat! I will have to look into it? Any videos of this in action to see?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I'd like to try it out, but I have no Paypal so I believe that's a no-go for me. However, I LOVE the Turbografx/PC Engine. Awesome system, my family still has a functioning console. I would recommend trying out..

Keith Courage - Zelda-like sidescrolling adventure game, super fun
    Sinistar - sidescrolling shooter, sorta like Gradius
    any Bonk's Adventure game - you know the drill on this one
    Splatterhouse 1 and 2 - epic cult classic gory beat-em-up. They're remaking this one after over a decade on new consoles!

and this link has a good list of top 20 games - Top 20 Turbografx-16 Games - Retrogaming Roundtable

Meanwhile... I'm waiting on my GP2X Wiz to arrive before hitting these up again.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    I'd like to try it out, but I have no Paypal so I believe that's a no-go for me. However, I LOVE the Turbografx/PC Engine. Awesome system, my family still has a functioning console. I would recommend trying out..
    If you open a trouble ticket on their web site, they might be able to let you buy the app using a check or money order. Paypal is the easiest, but may not be the only way.

And thanks for posting that link! It's a good source for what games should be tried.

9.    #9  
    I found these sites last night and I thought they might be beneficial to other Turbo gamers. A gaming system isn't complete without a list of cheat codes.

CCG: TurboGrafx-16 Cheats

TurboGrafx-16 Cheats, Codes, Cheat Codes - ConsoleCheatCodes.com

Whoa. Does it support PC Engine CD-ROM games? Portable Dracula X would be awesome.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Whoa. Does it support PC Engine CD-ROM games? Portable Dracula X would be awesome.
    Here is a basic Q&A from the developers web site. I didn't see it mention your question, but there is other things that users will want to know:

KalemSoft Frequently Asked Questions Emulators

As for the PC Engine games; what format are they in? The emulator plays the PCE formats. You can also try and put some of the PC Engine games on your phone and see if they will run. I just don't know much about the PC Engine, so I don't fully know what to tell you. Just add the ROMS to the emulator folder, like you do with the other games, and see if it will work. If it doesn't, then you can always delete it.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 08/10/2010 at 09:25 PM.

Tried to download from my pre and it says unable to read document format when i try to open the file.
    Anyone has a clue?
    what about kid ikarus??
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
    Tried to download from my pre and it says unable to read document format when i try to open the file.
    Anyone has a clue?
    You have to install the emulator, you can't download and install it from the Pre. Use Quick Install. I posted some tips at the top of this forum.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    good find! I've been craving some return to my old TG16 gaming that I enjoyed in my college days....

How easy are the ROMs to find online? I did some quick searches and they seem to be readily available.... Is the conversion process too tedious or is it pretty seamless?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by stomsf View Post
    good find! I've been craving some return to my old TG16 gaming that I enjoyed in my college days....

How easy are the ROMs to find online? I did some quick searches and they seem to be readily available.... Is the conversion process too tedious or is it pretty seamless?

We can't really talk about ROM's on this site, you will just have to find them yourself. The game play within the emulator is easy to use. Just load a game and it plays. Not much else is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    what about kid ikarus??
    kid icarus was a nintendo game, wasn't it?
    Samsung A850< Sanyo Katana< Palm Centro< Samsung Instinct< Palm Pre

<-Daft Punk in the Avatar!
  18.    #18  
    Everyone remember that you now have to manually create the "dreamengine" folder, then place all of your ROM files in that folder. With both the NesEm and DreamEngine emulators, unlike how it was in the past, you now have to create the ROM folders yourself

So for the DreamEngine, make a folder called "dreamengine".

For the NesEm, make a folder called "nesem".

Make sure all of the letters are lower case. It's an extra step, but that is how it has to be done with WebOS 1.4.5.

And i thought i was the only one with a tg16 i also have an express coolest thing is it plays all my hu cards. I will have to wait till there is controller sapport though tried dif configs could not find one that worked.
    does anyone know where to find roms at> Im looking for street fighter II
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast