Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21  
    hey if anyone has the PCE file for street fight II world edition please PM me, will pay for that direct file, I dont have a computer at the moment so I would be emailing the file directly to my phone and placing the file into the dreamengine folder through internalz thanks.
  2. #22  
    Hi all,

    As you may know already, we have released Dream Engine in Palm app catalog. Initially, we decided to release it as a time-limited version as we do currently for the demo version outside the app catalog. We didn't want to submit the full, unlimited version to the app catalog because Palm does not provide a reliable DRM mechanism that prevents applications from getting extracted and illegally distributed outside the catalog. Instead, the demo version could be upgraded to the full version by activating it with a purchased license from KalemSoft. This unfortunately created lots of negative feedback and bad reviews shadowing the effort we put behind this emulator.

    Therefore, we are removing the time-limitation from the free version that is currently available in the catalog. Once Palm approves our updated submission, you will be able to play games for unlimited time. However, you won't be able to save states or configure the emulator for full screen landscape mode. These features will be available in the paid version. We hope this makes it fair for everyone.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
  3. #23  
    I haven't seen this mentioned yet, forgive me if it has been. I get an error from the App Catalog when attempting to download this -- says "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates app to install the system update and try again." I assume this is because I don't have WebOS 1.4.5. If it's not this, does anyone know what's standing in the way?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    I haven't seen this mentioned yet, forgive me if it has been. I get an error from the App Catalog when attempting to download this -- says "This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates app to install the system update and try again." I assume this is because I don't have WebOS 1.4.5. If it's not this, does anyone know what's standing in the way?


    Have you tried to install the most recent version of the DreamEngine right from the Kalemsoft web site? There is a new version that supports WebOS version 1.4.5.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  5. #25  
    The new versions of DreamEngine and NesEm REQUIRE WebOS 1.4.5
  6. #26  
    I guess I should have gone to the Web site in the first place -- it's plain as day there that they have different versions for different OSs. It's strange that they only offer the 1.4.5 version through the App Catalog, considering there is no mention in the app description that it's only compatible with 1.4.5. For all of the Pre owners out there who come across this app and are on Verizon or AT&T, they'll come away with the wrong impression unless they're also PreCentral readers. Thanks for the help.

    For the record, downloading the app from the Kalemsoft Web site through the Pre's Web browser was easy -- it installed just like through the App Catalog. I hadn't installed an app that way before. I found it strange when clicking on the "register" button for the NES app (which I also just downloaded) that it defaults to having you buy two copies of the app instead of one.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    I guess I should have gone to the Web site in the first place -- it's plain as day there that they have different versions for different OSs. It's strange that they only offer the 1.4.5 version through the App Catalog, considering there is no mention in the app description that it's only compatible with 1.4.5. For all of the Pre owners out there who come across this app and are on Verizon or AT&T, they'll come away with the wrong impression unless they're also PreCentral readers. Thanks for the help.

    For the record, downloading the app from the Kalemsoft Web site through the Pre's Web browser was easy -- it installed just like through the App Catalog. I hadn't installed an app that way before. I found it strange when clicking on the "register" button for the NES app (which I also just downloaded) that it defaults to having you buy two copies of the app instead of one.
    People that download apps from the Palm App Store and then post horrible reviews, tend to be users who don't use sites like this. They complain about issues that can be easily solved if they read through this site. That is why developers need to explain as much as possible, in the app discription.

    How did you download the emulator through the Pre's browser? I haven't ever been able to install apps that way. Normally I just use FileCoaster to download apps directly. When you do download it that way, how does it install? When I have downloaded raw files without an app like FileCoaster, they never install. They just download to the USB drive.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  8. #28  
    I'm not sure what was unusual about it -- I went to the site, clicked the download link for that particular app, as soon as it finished downloading (automatically handled by the Internalz file management app) a screen popped up asking if I wanted to install it. Voila.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all,

    As you may know already, we have released Dream Engine in Palm app catalog. Initially, we decided to release it as a time-limited version as we do currently for the demo version outside the app catalog. We didn't want to submit the full, unlimited version to the app catalog because Palm does not provide a reliable DRM mechanism that prevents applications from getting extracted and illegally distributed outside the catalog. Instead, the demo version could be upgraded to the full version by activating it with a purchased license from KalemSoft. This unfortunately created lots of negative feedback and bad reviews shadowing the effort we put behind this emulator.

    Therefore, we are removing the time-limitation from the free version that is currently available in the catalog. Once Palm approves our updated submission, you will be able to play games for unlimited time. However, you won't be able to save states or configure the emulator for full screen landscape mode. These features will be available in the paid version. We hope this makes it fair for everyone.

    Regards,

    KalemSoft
    It wasn't the time limit itself that people did not like. It was the fact that you made absolutely no mention of it in the app description. Read the reviews (including mine under the name "Dan P.") and you'll see this is true.

    There are plenty of time-limited demos in the catalog. You just have to be honest and open about it with your customers. If you had revealed this in your app description, I think you would have found people would have downloaded it anyway to try it out. I know I would have. But now people who might have paid the activation fee may not because they feel they were deceived.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    I'm not sure what was unusual about it -- I went to the site, clicked the download link for that particular app, as soon as it finished downloading (automatically handled by the Internalz file management app) a screen popped up asking if I wanted to install it. Voila.

    You used the Internalz app for the download. That makes more sense.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    It wasn't the time limit itself that people did not like. It was the fact that you made absolutely no mention of it in the app description. Read the reviews (including mine under the name "Dan P.") and you'll see this is true.

    There are plenty of time-limited demos in the catalog. You just have to be honest and open about it with your customers. If you had revealed this in your app description, I think you would have found people would have downloaded it anyway to try it out. I know I would have. But now people who might have paid the activation fee may not because they feel they were deceived.
    Dan,

    It wasn't intentional. We updated the description as soon as we realized it from the review feedback, but the application goes through Palm's review again even if you only change the description and this may take a while with too many applications waiting to be reviewed in their queue. As a matter of fact, this first update is now accepted by Palm and the new application description states this time limitation. As we mentioned, the next update once gets accepted will totally remove the time-limitation. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

    Regards.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Dan,

    It wasn't intentional. We updated the description as soon as we realized it from the review feedback, but the application goes through Palm's review again even if you only change the description and this may take a while with too many applications waiting to be reviewed in their queue. As a matter of fact, this first update is now accepted by Palm and the new application description states this time limitation. As we mentioned, the next update once gets accepted will totally remove the time-limitation. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

    Regards.
    Does anyone know why it takes so long for Palm to approve an app? I have seen many apps have their reviews ruined, because it took too long for Palm to update that app.

    Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Dan,

    It wasn't intentional. We updated the description as soon as we realized it from the review feedback, but the application goes through Palm's review again even if you only change the description and this may take a while with too many applications waiting to be reviewed in their queue. As a matter of fact, this first update is now accepted by Palm and the new application description states this time limitation. As we mentioned, the next update once gets accepted will totally remove the time-limitation. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

    Regards.
    I definitely understand the review process time. I have been there myself. However the original app description was written by you or your team and therefore the original reason for the negative reviews lies squarely on your shoulders. It's ok to release demos...just always be upfront about its limitations.

    Now that you've updated your app description, I'll modify my initial rating.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  14. #34  
    A word of warning to anyone that has the full version to NOT update it in preware because you will lose all of your savestates. I used the update all feature in preware and later discovered that I was now using the free version of Dream Engine. Had to completely remove it before installing the previous version.
  15. #35  
    anybody have the street fighter pce file, if you do im me im willing to donate for it too.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions