Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Want to get 5 more of my dollars? Here's how!

So I just downloaded VLC remote yesterday, and it is one of the best things I have ever seen. I seriously do not know how I lived without it, especially since VLC is my choice for video playing. The problem? I do not like it's music interface, nor do I care for iTunes. I use Songbird.

So my request is obvious, I would like for you to make a Songbird Remote. None exist on the app catalog currently, so you would have a monopoly on the market. Media Remote has talks of bringing it into their app, but they seem to suffer from quantity over quality, and their app is not nearly as robust as yours for music playback. I say you have a good enterprise here, and I know I would not be the only one to go for this.

Now, I am unfamiliar with building applications on webos. In fact, I am not a programmer at all. But I really want this to happen, and am willing to contribute funds for this project. I really would like it, you see.

So wot do you think?
    Songbird - Phones Supported

Apparently it's supported? :S
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ^I like the enthusiasm! But it looks like that page just refers to the ability to sync music to the Pre, not to remote access songbird from the Pre. Also, wot kind of bullet point is

'Standard headphone jack lets you plug in your favorite headphones'

Is that seriously a selling point for the Pre, lol?
    thanks for pinging me - I missed this thread.

songbird looks interesting, but as far as I can tell it just isn't anywhere nearly as popular as VLC - and frankly VLC Remote isn't making much for me on web os.

this means I'm unlikely to take on this task.

sorry.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre