Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Enjoy a classic arcade hit completely free on the Palm Pre! Alien Invaders bringing you hours of fun game play saving the world from alien invaders. This game includes easy to use touch controls. Simply tap the bottom left or right of the screen to move your platform to blast the invaders and evade their endless barrage of missiles. To fire, tap any place on the top half of the screen.



    Download it now

    Unfortunately, this is only available for 1.4.5 users due to the use of the PDK. But don't worry, it will still be here and free when 1.4.5 hits Verizon/AT&T
    Last edited by TIWizard; 08/10/2010 at 10:30 PM.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  2. #2  
    dang. I wanted that app. I guess I'll have to wait
  3. #3  
    You've always got Classic Invaders in Homebrew to tide you over.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Unfortunately, this is only available for 1.4.5 users due to the use of the PDK. But don't worry, it will still be here and free when 1.4.5 hits in the US
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  5. #5  
    Not that I can play this anyway yet (not on 1.4.5) but it might be neat to have accelerometer controls, so that you can tilt to move and tap anywhere on the screen to shoot (I hate onscreen controls, really ).
  6. #6  
    Nicely done. Sound would enhance it.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not that I can play this anyway yet (not on 1.4.5) but it might be neat to have accelerometer controls, so that you can tilt to move and tap anywhere on the screen to shoot (I hate onscreen controls, really ).
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Nicely done. Sound would enhance it.
    Definitely things to look for in an update
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  8.    #8  
    Congrats Sprint users, celebrate 1.4.5 by downloading Alien Invaders

    I have submitted an update to speed up the gameplay a bit. After Palm fixes a few kinks in their submission system, the update should get pushed out in ~7 days (hopefully less!)
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Congrats Sprint users, celebrate 1.4.5 by downloading Alien Invaders

    I have submitted an update to speed up the gameplay a bit. After Palm fixes a few kinks in their submission system, the update should get pushed out in ~7 days (hopefully less!)
    Do you expect sound to be incorperated in a future version? I haven't download the app yet, but just going by what a previous user stated.

    Btw, im on sprint so this is the first day i'll have a chance to try some new pdk applications.

    Does this use tilt controls also?
  10. #10  
    Yes!

    As soon as I'm done updating my patches, this will be first on my list of PDK apps to get.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Do you expect sound to be incorperated in a future version? I haven't download the app yet, but just going by what a previous user stated.

    Btw, im on sprint so this is the first day i'll have a chance to try some new pdk applications.

    Does this use tilt controls also?
    Sound is definitely on the list as well as tilt controls. The next version coming out only fixes the speed issue, but the version after that will incorporate tilt controls.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  12.    #12  
    Still waiting on Palm to fix a bug with their update system... Don't know how long it will be before it is fixed. After it is fixed, the update should fix the speed issues.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive

Posting Permissions