1.    #1  
    I know the WeatherIcon developer updates his app all the time which is awesome! But I also use Simpleweather so I have 2 sources of weather that update via the Icon.

I love simpleweathers crisp icons, and the option to have cartoon or realistic icons. This app only manually updates, and I dont think its a connection issue with the weather source since it updates manually...but can be inaccurate also.

Its a paid app which I'd hope for support/updates, but I have yet to see any feedback or updates for Simpleweather.

Anyone elses still working? Or is everyones messed up too?
    SimpleWeather is created by Leetcom pregrounds.com and they have a Contact Us form on their site.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  3.    #3  
    I emailed them some time ago, but no reply. Others had posted about no replies too in the reviews area of palms apps. Hopefully they are working on a fix though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    This app only manually updates, and I dont think its a connection issue with the weather source since it updates manually...but can be inaccurate also.

Anyone elses still working? Or is everyones messed up too?
    I have been having the same issue. The app never updates on it's own, and the weather icon only shows the current weather after I have manually updated the weather. I have half a dozen weather apps, so the fact that Simpleweather doesn't fully work for me, isn't that big of a deal. Hopefully though, this issue will be fixed soon. Have you tried the Weather Dashboard app? That is a good weather app that displays the current weather conditions through a small icon on the bottom of the screen. Or Weatherman, which displays the weather over your wallpaper. That app does use up a lot of resources though. No-Nonsense Weather is also a good weather app.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

5.    #5  
    I like the idea of the icon apps updating.

I just got no nonse after you said this. Looks good too. I also bookmarked weather.com's site w/ my zip...could make it a launcher icon too if I wanted. But a good accurate resource, just not as cool to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I like the idea of the icon apps updating.

I just got no nonse after you said this. Looks good too. I also bookmarked weather.com's site w/ my zip...could make it a launcher icon too if I wanted. But a good accurate resource, just not as cool to use.
    Yeah, No-Nonsense is a very good weather app. It's so basic and that is why I like it. If your looking for other free weather apps, or apps that have a free version; you should try:

1. The Weather Channel
    2. AniWeather
    3. Gonna Rain
    4. Do I Need?
    5. AccuWeather
    6. Weather Icon
    7. Weather Window Lite
    8. Ultimate Wallpaper (Has A Good Weather Function That Covers The Wallpaper.)
    9. Where
    10. Weather Dashboard Lite
    11. FreeWeather
    12. Whendle
    13. World Weather (Isn't Free, But Lets You Compare The Weather Of Different Locations.)
    14. MyClock (Also Not Free, But It's An Alarm Clock With Weather Updates.)

Those are the weather apps that I have on my phone as of now, but I have the full versions; not the lite. The Lite versions are still great, if you don't mind seeing banner-ads. I personally would rather not seen banners. Each of those apps has their own PRO's and CON's, but overall are great weather apps.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 08/07/2010 at 11:02 PM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel