Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I'd rather a NetFlix one than a Hulu one.
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    Lets all hope and flood PlayOn's mail box with the PlayOn support for webOS request.
    Don't flood their mailboxes, they actually use their mailboxes for legitimate service requests. You want to flood something go to the forum topics and flood requests there. They actually do read their forums for such requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    I'd rather a NetFlix one than a Hulu one.
    PlayOn streams BOTH Netflix and Hulu! :-D

Today is the last day for founding members to upgrade to premium. I decided to upgrade to the lifetime premium for $40 and found out during the upgrade process you can sign up for a 14-day trial of RealNetworks (for free) and save $15! So it only cost $25. But you just gotta remember to cancel the trial within 14 days (but not too soon, it's in their terms).
    Do you folks REALLY watch shows / movies on your phones? Why?

I can barely stand to watch a short youtube clip on my Pre.

I've never understood the desire for this. i am all for you getting what you want and hope you folks get this app and you are all deliriously happy. So, please do not mistake this post as being negative towards you.

I just cannot imagine why I would ever watch more than a minute or so of any video on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

I've never understood the desire for this. i am all for you getting what you want and hope you folks get this app and you are all deliriously happy. So, please do not mistake this post as being negative towards you.

I just cannot imagine why I would ever watch more than a minute or so of any video on my Pre.
    I have no desire for this feature as well, but it's better for the platform if we have it. Some people have long rides to work or school on a bus or train, so watching TV or movies is a real benefit for them.

Plus, the next webOS phone may have a bigger screen, and the tablet definitely will be decent for TV watching.

I do. I use SprintTV, but I would love other options. Especially when a 4G phone is released.

It really depends on your lifestyle and schedule. If I have something to watch, then I can watch during my 1-hour lunch break or while I'm running on the elliptical at the gym.

The best times are short bursts and when you're not out in the wilderness so you don't have to worry about your battery.

I have the new Jawbone Icon that transmits full audio to the headset so I don't have to worry about carrying headphones with me. I typically have the headset with me at all times. It's great on the go.

When it's all working properly (my Pre is falling apart), it's a beautiful thing!
    Car rides, lunch breaks, annoying family reunions where opening your laptop outside would be far too conspicuous....and of course, the perpetual, I'm lying in bed wanting to watch something until I fall asleep and my PS3 is in the other room....

Lol, I think Netflix would be great and I'm behind on my streaming queue, plus, tablet! And in the end, even if these things aren't necessary to you, they have a lot of buzz behind them and the first thing some iPhone/Android user is going to ask when they switch is DO YOU HAVE THIS/THAT/WHATEVER APP and then write some long, drawnout boring rant about how webOS doesn't have this/that/whatever app.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM

I do. I have a train ride to work and back that can be 30-60 min each way, so being able to throw a tv show or movie on the device makes the time pass. Having access to Hulu through PlayOn would be awesome.

When you have a desk job like mine it really helps to have a movie or tv show on in the background to break up the day. Listening to movies is almost just as good as watching them sometimes. I would love a netflix app just for this alone.
    Can I suggest that we also encourage the folks over at Orb Networks to make an app as well? The best part about Orb is that its Free, and it can also transcode and stream live broadcasts from your Cable, FIOS, or DirecTV/DishNetwork receivers. Kinda nice for instance to be able to take your HBO, Showtime, Discovery, ESPN, along with NFL Sunday ticket, or anything else with you.

It already basically works on the Pre through the web browser, so it seems like it would take less work than playon; instead just a matter of creating a WebOS app with a polished interface. Maybe something similar to the Sprint TV app interface.

(There's already an iphone app as well, so there surely cant be too much involved to do it.)
    With a Hulu+ subscription, would it be possible to watch Hulu on a Palm Pre 2 device since webOS 2.0 now has flash support.
    Hope they bring it really soon!
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    I wish that netflix would just port over their official app to webOS, as it can already stream movies to the ipod with 3GP I believe. As well instead of using orb or having a dedicated app for it why not just use ampache mobile, it supports all my mp3s as well as lets me stream my videos or movies, it is harder to set up but is well worth it. It kinda creeps me out that a website where I log in has access to every file on my computer so it's nice to know that my computer is it's own server, as well both developers of ampache pre and ampache mobile are great and ampache mobile already has a dashboard with it
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Playon's most recent software update serves up the mobile web client player in flash. Does anyone on this thread have a Pre2 or Pre+ on WebOS 2.1 running flash? Please test it for us at m.playon.tv.
    what's the url?
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    I believe its:

m.playon.tv
    I would really encourage members to go to the PlayOn forums and ask them (politely) to port their new iPhone app over to webOS. They have already done the hard part in building the app for the iPhone... and now if it is compatible, they could have it ported over to webOS in a few days. We just need the community to be vocal and let them know there is a market for it!
    Here's the PlayOn forum post:

webOS client? | PlayOn
    sorry, didn't realize you need to install windows softwares...I don't have a windows pc to try this on. Flash is working good on my Pre Plus though.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Playon (m.playon.tv) is working on my Pre Plus ( Web OS 2.1 with Flash Enabled) , I tried using CBS , Cartoon network both worked fine but it does lag a lot due to flash being very slow on Pre Plus .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast