Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 62
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<threads merged - title renamed to reflect conversation>>

    Yeah... it's not 'new' news... read the thread above your post (some email replies from them the day after this article). They are "looking" at it, but not committed yet.
    Thank you. Didn't know about this discussion..
  2. #22  
    Hulu tech support sent this nice email in response to asking about a WebOS app.


    Anton, Aug 14 15:58 (PDT):
    Hi there,
    Thank you for your email. You're not alone - we've gotten lots of requests for webOS. I'm afraid I have not heard anything about Hulu Plus supporting webOS at this time. That said, we are continually evaluating new technologies - keeping a close eye on the mobile landscape - and will be adding more devices based on user demand. I'll forward your request to our product team and I'll let you know if I get any updates.
    Let me know if there are any more questions I can answer for you.
    Thanks,
    Anton
    Hulu Support
    Visit our newly updated Help site: Hulu - Support
    Follow us on Twitter for immediate Customer Support updates: Hulu Support (hulu_support) on Twitter
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
  3. #23  
    <<thread merged>>

    Instead of worrying about Hulu... you should be joining us in contacting PlayOn (which streams Hulu too). We will have a much better chance of getting PlayOn to port their app well before Hulu does anything. Read the above posts...
  4. #24  
    So I decided to go looking to see what is preventing us from viewing it.

    Playon wants the exact iPhone UA string (i.e. "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3 "), not something that just has iPhone added in (i.e. "Mozilla/5.0_(iPhone;_U;_en)(webOS/1.4.1.1;_U;_en-US)_AppleWebKit/532.2_Version/1.0_Safari/532.2_Pre/1.1_-CET")

    When I used the iPhone UA string in Chrome on my Win7 laptop, it returned different XML than when using Firefox.

    The XML that was different simply includes a pointer to an m3u8 (m3u UTF-8 format) file that points to another m3u8 file. I stopped looking.

    So this has to be enabled by PlayOn before we can access it from our Pre/Pixi devices. Sorry to say it, as the program has tons of potential.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  5. #25  
    Just got my invite for hulu plus preview. The only hand-held devices listed are Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Sniff.

    Hulu - Support
  6. #26  
    Why does that surprise you?
  7. #27  
    <<Hulu thread merged>>
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by SDoo1965 View Post
    Hulu tech support sent this nice email in response to asking about a WebOS app.


    Anton, Aug 14 15:58 (PDT):
    Hi there,
    Thank you for your email. You're not alone - we've gotten lots of requests for webOS. I'm afraid I have not heard anything about Hulu Plus supporting webOS at this time. That said, we are continually evaluating new technologies - keeping a close eye on the mobile landscape - and will be adding more devices based on user demand. I'll forward your request to our product team and I'll let you know if I get any updates.
    Let me know if there are any more questions I can answer for you.
    Thanks,
    Anton
    Hulu Support
    Visit our newly updated Help site: Hulu - Support
    Follow us on Twitter for immediate Customer Support updates: Hulu Support (hulu_support) on Twitter
    funny ... I emailed HULU months ago with the webOS request - and just 2 days ago received the exact same email, from the same agent, Anton ..
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  9. #29  
    Guys,
    PlayOn just released a new version of their software and it does work partially on the webOS. I was able to find my computer using their browser app, list all the channels and then drill it down to the individual video level.

    Although, I was not able to play any video on it though.
  10. #30  
    Yeah, if you get to the play button (iPhone spoof needed), it ends up downloading a file called main.m3u8....whatever that is.

    But hopefully this means we they do get to webOS it won't be so hard.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  11. #31  
    Lets all hope and flood PlayOn's mail box with the PlayOn support for webOS request.
  12. flea's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #32  


    so... gotta wonder whats going on there

    Hosts related to m.hulu.com right now:

    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    m.hulu.com. 284 IN CNAME m.hulu.com.edgesuite.net.
    m.hulu.com.edgesuite.net. 19984 IN CNAME a756.b.akamai.net.
    a756.b.akamai.net. 20 IN A 72.246.94.33
    a756.b.akamai.net. 20 IN A 72.246.94.81
    Additionally, other vhosts listening ...

    GET / HTTP/1.1
    Host: m.hulu.com.edgesuite.net

    HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
    Server: AkamaiGHost
    Mime-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/html
    Content-Length: 194
    Expires: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 00:40:29 GMT
    Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 00:40:29 GMT
    Connection: close

    <HTML><HEAD>
    <TITLE>Invalid URL</TITLE>
    </HEAD><BODY>
    <H1>Invalid URL</H1>
    The requested URL "/", is invalid.<p>
    Reference #9.4d5ef648.1285288829.1c24382b
    </BODY></HTML>
    Connection closed by foreign host.
    Last edited by flea; 09/23/2010 at 07:43 PM.
  13. #33  
    if there is it won't be free
  14. #34  
    404 means there is no 'there' there.

    it's available for other mobile platforms, so they could do a webOS version if they thougt it would sell. It would be at least $10 per month.
  15. flea's Avatar
    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    404 means there is no 'there' there.

    it's available for other mobile platforms, so they could do a webOS version if they thougt it would sell. It would be at least $10 per month.
    ;; ANSWER SECTION:
    m.hulu.com. 284 IN CNAME m.hulu.com.edgesuite.net.
    m.hulu.com.edgesuite.net. 19984 IN CNAME a756.b.akamai.net.
    a756.b.akamai.net. 20 IN A 72.246.94.33
    a756.b.akamai.net. 20 IN A 72.246.94.81

    cname is enough proof to say something is there
  16. #36  
    probably a redirect for iPads.
  17. #37  
    hmmm why havent you guys tried ORB in orb.com i got it working on the pre only thing is that you cant rewind or fast forward but if u have a tv tuner u can watch live tv from ur pc and you dont have to be on wifi. any video or audio or pics u can access damn near every file on your pc. the iphone has a dedicated app that i wish was ported to webOS. if anyone have any new news on this let me know
  18. #38  
    There's also a small forum thread on this topic on PlayOn's site. Maybe more of us can post there too!

    webOS client? | PlayOn forums
  19. #39  
    There, even though I've never heard of this site/app before today, I sent my request in with thanks for their speedy reply and even speedier app development.

    Looks kinda cool, Netflix just came to Canada the other day, and I started my membership (with a free month) as well. Interesting to see that the Canadian price is $1 cheaper than in the USA, not even counting the exchange rate.

    --ED-- In less than half an hour, I got this reply:

    Dear Derek,

    We will look into WebOS after we complete a few other projects. We can’t say if we will or will not be adding it shortly but it is one avenue that we do plan to look at as a possible entry to mobile access.

    Regards,
    Alex

    PlayOn Support
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/25/2010 at 03:47 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    There, even though I've never heard of this site/app before today, I sent my request in with thanks for their speedy reply and even speedier app development.

    Looks kinda cool, Netflix just came to Canada the other day, and I started my membership (with a free month) as well. Interesting to see that the Canadian price is $1 cheaper than in the USA, not even counting the exchange rate.

    --ED-- In less than half an hour, I got this reply:

    Dear Derek,

    We will look into WebOS after we complete a few other projects. We can’t say if we will or will not be adding it shortly but it is one avenue that we do plan to look at as a possible entry to mobile access.

    Regards,
    Alex

    PlayOn Support
    Alex is the same rep that responded to my email LOL. Get it done Alex! :-P
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions