1.    #1  
    I've been playing this for the past hour,and all i can say is wow!
    strange thing is it only felt like 15 mins i'd been playing.
    it's like having your very own mini world in your pocket.
    I'm more of a FPS kind of a guy,however all i can say is hopefully when 1.4.5 hits the U.S this will get snapped up because this game is superb.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    We still waiting.... Waiting...waiting.
    I bought it the instant i saw it in the app store.

After playing a few hours i must say that i'm partly disappointed. Gameplay is smooth, but i don't like the controls. Maybe it's just me, but i can't navigate with the virtual joystick. I keep zigzagging through the landscape...

Oh, and the game involves quite a bit of grinding. Killing beetles, killing rats, killing bears, killing wasps, killing goblins, ... NPCs keep telling you to come back when you have levelled ... more bears, wasps, etc...

Gets a bit boring.

My third issue is the lack of a compass. You don't know in which direction you face, so you have to walk a bit and check the map to know your direction. I'd very much like to have a compass.

That said: The game is fun. Some things could be better (better storyline, less grinding, game controls) but overall it's fun.

Nevertheless i liked Dungeon Hunter much better!

Oh - did someone figure out how to collect the pearls? I can't attack the mermaids under water and keep getting killed...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I was playing this game the last hour and it really is fun.
    Not comparable to Morrowind etc, but it doesn't have to, beeing just a phone game.

But one thing is absolutely gruel - the german translation. It seems the developers have auto-translated the texts using google translator or similar. It's, in every aspect of grammer and LOGIC wrong.

I stick with playing in english, hoping for an update soon
    What about the story? I find rpgs without a proper storyline are a waste of time because they become boring very quickly. I played Dungeon Hunter for one or two ours but I didn't really feel the urge to play on because the story was too poor.
    I'd like something like a port of final fantasy 7 on webOS. Anyone with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggun View Post
    What about the story? I find rpgs without a proper storyline are a waste of time because they become boring very quickly.
    I'm not very deep into the game yet. but the basic storyline is as follows:

good queen reigns country - bad sister gets jealous - bad sister creates dragon - queen calls for a hero - tadaa, hero appears (you! ) - hero tries to find 5 parts of an artifact - queen puts together artifact - hero kills dragon with artifact - everyone lives happily ever after.

Not very sophisticated. Even the storyline of Dungeon Hunter is better. So if you're mainly into true RPGs, storytelling, tricky quests, etc you might want to install the GBA emulator and play the original final fantasy games. I tried FF 2. It's ok, but the screen is tiny and the sound doesn't work in the emulator.
    This game is sweet. I liked everything about it. There is a good amount of grinding but if you don't die and fight tough enemies it's not too bad.

Took me about 20hrs to beat.

Would love to see expansion packs or more like this.
    I don't know. I have quite mixed feelings.

Overall it's fun, as i already stated. But then there are 2 quests i really hated: The mermaid quest at the beginning and the spirit quest towards the end.

As for the mermaids - 40 pearls in exactly 40 clams in the whole mp. After about an hour and 11 pearls i got so upset from the constant dive/search/flee dive/search/flee... that i abandoned the quest and definitely won't finish it. Fortunately it's just an optional quest (what's the quest reward anyway?).

And the spirit quest: If i wanted a jump and run style game i would have bought one. I simply can't steer exact enough to stay on the bridge (thick fingers...). So i burned about 6000 gold for health potions and still didn't reach the end of the cave. I was so mad that i nearly threw the pre out of the window.

So now i'm level 41 and i don't think that i'll ever finish the game. But that's just me and my thick fingers, anyway.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterH View Post
    As for the mermaids - 40 pearls in exactly 40 clams in the whole mp. After about an hour and 11 pearls i got so upset from the constant dive/search/flee dive/search/flee... that i abandoned the quest and definitely won't finish it. Fortunately it's just an optional quest (what's the quest reward anyway?).
    I've done this one twice now... the reward was only 1000. Twice because my first save game got wiped once when my Pre locked up and I had to pull the battery (no gesture response, no power button response, no sym-alt-r response, no power/mute switch response).

Hate it, hate it hate it. Worst quest I've ever seen. But the best way to do it is to just methodically start in one corner, and swim around the outer rim, getting all the pearls there. Then you can dink around in the middle for a while and eventually find them all. I found I got up to 30 on the first pass, then 36 after criss-crossing the middle of the lake. The last 4 just required some more exploring the middle. Having a bunch of tuna was handy (quite a bit cheaper than potions).

And maps... if I'm going to spend money on a map... label the blasted thing! Show me pearls that aren't picked up. Show me treasure chests. Show me NAMES for the transport-cave-thingies, so I know which way to go to get to the Fire world, etc. Maps were darn near worthless otherwise.

Oh, and compass, as others have said.
    I agree with the general sentiment of most of the previous posts. The graphics and sound is really impressive. The full 3-D world is very nicely modeled. I think that polish on the outside is really what makes me--possibly unfairly--expect more from this game.

The pearl quest was just lazy on the part of the developers and frustrating for the players. As previously mentioned, the 1,000 gold you get makes that quest a letdown and a complete waste of time.

I'm only level 25 and am already bored. Be prepared to go back to the days of NES RPGs (Final Fantasy I comes to mind.) Just nothing but mindless grinding out levels and button mashing with little to no coherent story. The quests aren't nearly epic enough nor the the storyline compelling enough nor the gear varied and plentiful enough (ala Diablo) to offset the boring leveling.

Please don't get me wrong. It's not exactly a bad game. For the price, even if I don't finish it, which I probably won't, I still feel I got my money's worth. But due to the shiny packing, I guess I was unfairly expecting a whole lot more substance inside.

As someone else mentioned, grab the SNES emulator and play FFIII instead. Now that's a great game.