Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Has anyone else been having problems for the last couple days with not receiving status updates from friends on facebook.

I receive the ones that put the blue "f" at the bottom, but I do not receive the short code notifications.
    I too have not been receiving updates properly. The strange part is when they do not show up, I go to my PC and they do appear, then back to my phone I restart the FB app and then they show up. I am using FB Beta 1.2.32. I'm sure they're working out the bugs though.

I know a lot of people have had trouble with mobile facebook a lot in the past couple of days, maybe that has something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trivia3 View Post
    Has anyone else been having problems for the last couple days with not receiving status updates from friends on facebook.

I receive the ones that put the blue "f" at the bottom, but I do not receive the short code notifications.
    What version of the app are you using?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    What version of the app are you using?
    I am using version 1.2.1. I contacted sprint and they said that no issues has been reported, so I think it may be something with the Facebook App. But when I called Palm, they had not had anythign reported either.

Maybe I should just delete it and just install the beta version.
    ^^ I have fixed random FB issues by deleting and reinstalling the application. The beta program is also worth a try.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    What you should do is...go to the help section, and report the issue you're having in feedback. Also, as Ryleyinstl suggested, try delete and reinstall the app.

Hope that works.
    Hmm, yeah I've had this same issue as well.

But is this really related to the Facebook app or even webOS? For me, the only way to receive status updates for Facebook friends is through SMS (unless I'm missing something, cause I'd prefer for them to be through webOS Facebook notifications). So what would the Facebook app or webOS be doing to prevent that (considering other SMS's still work)... Unless the app is changing some preference of our facebook profile, I dunno how it could be affecting it.

But it is curious that other users are having this same issue as well. And I am running the latest Facebook Beta v1.2.32.
    The Facebook Beta App stopped updated today for me and all I get when I attempt to update the news feed is - The read_stream permission is required to read a user's newsfeed. Any ideas guys?
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I am getting the read stream error as well tonight using latest beta
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Another problem is this app doesn't have pinch to zoom, and no double tapping either. Anyone else notice this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmann View Post
    I am getting the read stream error as well tonight using latest beta
    so am i
    Same problem here with no newsfeed.
    +1 on the error message. Do we have to change our fb acct. settings all of a sudden?
    Maybe that's why it's still in the beta form.

I'm sure the one in the app catalog is working fine. Palm Facebook.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm getting the same error.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue with the beta.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    okay, it's been about a week now and still no facebook updates coming to my phone. When I type the 32665 and send the f to receive confirmation code, nothing comes back. Does anyone know of a problem that facebook is having. I get my ESPN and Twitter alerts, but no Facebook. Also, of course there isn't a way to speak to Facebook tech support.
    <<threads merged>>

OP...Please don't start new threads to discuss the same topic.

Thanks!